GUILTY CA - Kim Gordon, alive,(Inverness, Scotland, fakes own death), Monastery Beach, 25 Feb 2019 *arrest*

That's surely got to happen this week. He's the last person to have seen him and he's due up in court for 24 rape charges in 11 days, so they will want to find out what's going on.

How the heck does someone get away with this??

I'm in Southern California. Doubt if I'll see him, but I'll keep my eyes open anyway.

If he is due in court for 24 rape charges,does that mean he is accused of allegedly committing 24 separate rapes?!
If he is in the US and presumably alive, hoping that people really keep eyes open for him just in case he decides to do what he has been charged with, again. imo.

News article: Scots dad facing rape charges accused of 'faking own disappearance' from beach

Kim Gordon, 51 (m), Inverness, Scotland was due in court on march 11th 2019 to face 24 charges of alleged rape. He travelled to America with his teenage son, 17, last week. On Feb 25th his son reported him missing to authorities, saying his father wanted to go for a swim in the evening but never returned. Upon being questioned the son's story fell apart and it is now believed that Kim Gordon has faked his on death and is on the run.

This story is quite odd for me as I am from Inverness and have known Kim Gordon as a familiar face in the city for almost all my life. I have friends who have been propositioned by him in the past and I'm not surprised at these allegations in the slightest.

I'm not familiar with the Monastery Beach area in California where he's gone missing, so if there's anyone out there who knows the area I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!
I was based as an airline pilot in California in the 80's and early 90's. That beach is beautiful and very popular on sunny days but it is not a swimming beach. Due to its shape there is a severe undertow and rip current in the cove that can suck swimmers out to certain death. The nickname of the beach is Mortuary Beach and 1/3 of aquatic deaths in California occur there. There are very large warning signs including one that says if you see someone in distress to NOT attempt a rescue.

24 rape charges and given bail not even his passport taken off him ..... the mind reels.
I'm thinking out loud here ... if he wanted to escape these charges would he not have been better just flying to the states and going off grid - He'd still be a wanted man but I doubt the media coverage wouldn't be this huge.

Then again maybe he thought pulling a 'Reginald Perrin' was going to fool everyone.

Anyway just thinking out loud ...

I wonder if the son has maybe revealed that his dad has faked his own death? But would that mean the son could be charged for submitting a false police report? I also see that the son has now returned to Scotland. If he were to face charges would they not have kept him in America?

I do wonder what the police know that we don’t. But my guess is the son has said something to them.

BBM

I sure hope so! There has been so so so much feverish calling for someone in another case to get arrested for a false police call that it needs to be done in cases like this and the daily cases where people call the police on other people for no reason (well certain reasons) yet they get no charges. Crazy!

This man needs to be locked up, hes a danger to anyone he comes across especially if he thinks its his last chance as a free man

I feel like the "cant answer how they got there" questions mean the son doesnt want to give up what car his rapist dad is driving. Arrest him too.

RBBM

What's that old expression--"the apple doesn't fall far from the tree"?

Ugh. The son seems to be following in his father's footsteps.

JMVHO.

Breakdown of the charges:

He is charged with five rapes, two sexual assaults on a young child and indecent behaviour towards a girl aged between 12 and 16.

Gordon is also accused of four assaults, coercing a person into being present during sexual activity and communicating indecently and two charges of threatening and abusive behaviour.

The other charges include lewd and libidinous behaviour, sexual assault and sexual assault by penetration and three alleged breach of the peace incidents.

Scots tourist missing in US is accused of five rapes and child sex assaults

Video report with an update from Monterey Cty SO:

Monterey County Sheriff’s Office: Unlikely to detain Kim Gordon if found before Monday

Summary:
  • Still treating as a missing persons case.
  • If found would only be able to question, not detain.
  • Currently no active warrant for KG/no crime committed in the US.
  • Non-appearance in court in Edinburgh on Monday would prompt Scottish authorities to issue a 'red notice' making him an international fugitive.
  • ICE would then take charge of the search (and be able to detain him).
  • Latest tip was in Carmel Wednesday afternoon.
  • Lots of other tips ranging between Santa Cruz and San Luis Obispo (approx 170 miles apart on the Central Coast).

Hi, I'm new around here, but I'm also from Inverness, and obviously Kim is a well known face around town. I wondered with regard to this case, if his newest wife might have helped him escape the US.

As far as the son is concerned, it could be entirely possible he was used without his knowledge. Maybe he really did think his dad was going for a swim (Loch ness, where he apparently swum regularly, is certainly step sided, although riptides are unlikely, visibility low though). By all accounts he is/was a strong swimmer. Maybe he hoped the sons raw emotional response to losing his dad would be convincing enough. As for him changing stories, that emotional response might have muddled facts in his head. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later. Hopefully he's caught alive so his victims can get the justice they deserve.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new around here, but I'm also from Inverness, and obviously Kim is a well known face around town. I wondered with regard to this case, if his newest wife might have helped him escape the US.

As far as the son is concerned, it could be entirely possible he was used without his knowledge. Maybe he really did think his dad was going for a swim (Loch ness, where he apparently swum regularly, is certainly step sided, although riptides are unlikely, visibility low though). By all accounts he is/was a strong swimmer. Maybe he hoped the sons raw emotional response to losing his dad would be convincing enough. As for him changing stories, that emotional response might have muddled facts in his head. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later. Hopefully he's caught alive so his victims can get the justice they deserve.
Welcome to Ws Supernautus, thanks for the insight!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back