CA - Kobe Bryant, 41, daughter GiGi, 13, & 7 others die in helicopter crash, Calabasas, 26 Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by Gardenista, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

No, it was generic, just mentioned Lebron. When that video was originally posted it showed Lebron going to that visibly shaken unknown person first. They embraced and Lebron was literally sobbing, you could see the movement in his body. He then walks a few steps over and is embraced by a female before walking away from the plane.

I can’t find it now. What they are showing now is when Lebron gives his last embrace to the unknown person before walking away from him/her. I’m wondering if it was redacted for Lebron’s privacy sake? It’s been reported that he didn’t want to be on camera for the memorial because he was so emotional.

If anyone sees the original one please post it. TIA

2. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

DBM = WS duplicating again

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  3. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

How does he share responsibility? There is an inherited risk in driving a car, flying on an airplane, riding a roller coaster and any number of things. If the crash was due to pilot error, that is not the fault of Kobe Bryant. IMO
    It is not about the money. She obviously doesn't need the money. It is about holding the person or people accountable for the loss of life. IMO

Arnie M, scdiv, tezi and 4 others like this.
  4. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Report: Los Angeles deputies shared Kobe Bryant crash photos | Xfinity

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities are investigating whether deputies shared graphic photos of the helicopter crash scene where Kobe Bryant, his 13-year-old daughter and seven others were killed, according to a newspaper report.

The Los Angeles Times reported that a public safety source with knowledge of the events had seen one of the photos on the phone of another official in a setting that was not related to the investigation of the crash. He said the photos showed the scene and victims' remains...

Only4Justice and Luna20 like this.
  5. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Anyone know why the EBay memorabilia would not be with Kobe’s own personal collection? I get something here and there but some of the auction items are more significant.

6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I see these same complaints nearly every time a wrongful death lawsuit is filed. It's important to understand that WDLS are very specific civil suits and not like any other. There's also a short calendar for the suits to be filed and this always causes the wrong impression when a suit is filed so soon after the tragedy. This is also why you see VK suit less than a month after the crash and the same for the parents of the baby girl that was dropped out of a cruise ship window.

As for funeral expenses, this again is very typical language written in a wrongful death complaint as the plaintiff is not awarded a random amount of money but damages that have to be proven and that depend on the facts of an individual case.

What Damages are Available in a Wrongful Death Claim?

A number of different varieties of personal injury damages are available in a wrongful death claim in California. The specific amounts involved will depend on the facts of an individual case.

Damages are typically divided according to whether they compensate the estate for losses associated with the death, or the surviving family members for the personal losses they suffered as a result of the death. Losses that are typically attributed to the estate include:

• funeral and burial expenses
    • medical and hospital bills for the deceased person's final illness or injury, and
    • lost income, including potential income the deceased person would reasonably have been expected to earn in the future had he or she lived.
    Losses that are typically attributed to the surviving family members include:

• the value of household services
    • loss of anticipated financial support, and
    • loss of love, community, attention, affection, moral support, and guidance.
    You can read the full text of the California wrongful death statute at California Code of Civil Procedure section 337.60, et seq.

7. Seattle1

I don't believe that's correct. All reports I've read cite they attend school in Corona Del Mar, California (about 10 minutes from Newport).

ETA: She was in 8th grade at Harbor Day School

Gianna Bryant's school retired her No. 2 jersey in an emotional memorial ceremony

La Louve and Luna20 like this.
  8. Seattle1

Yes -- this is when the team landed back in LA and getting on the team bus:

Members of the Los Angeles Lakers arrived at Los Angeles International Airport hours after the news that NBA star Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash. Members of the team were visibly emotional as they disembarked the plane.» Subscribe to NBC News: http://nbcnews.to/SubscribeToNBC » Watch more NBC video: http://bit.ly/MoreNBCNews.

kimpage, Elisaa444 and Luna20 like this.
  9. Seattle1

I think it's difficult to build and maintain a relationship with in-laws that refused to attend your wedding. Kobe also talked openly about making the decision to cut his sisters off (financially) and I don't doubt that too created a wedge. MOO

kimpage, Elisaa444 and Luna20 like this.
  10. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Thank you. Who is the person in all black, considerably shorter that they are going up to? This is a person who wasn’t on the plane.

11. Elisaa444

Elisaa444 Informer

12. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

La Louve, scdiv, tezi and 3 others like this.
  13. Elisaa444

Elisaa444 Informer

La Louve, sraybella, scdiv and 4 others like this.
  14. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

Only4Justice, scdiv, tezi and 2 others like this.
  15. Elisaa444

Elisaa444 Informer

Sheriff's Department accused of 'cover-up' over Bryant crash photos

This is a more in-depth article concerning the sharing of photos of the crash site and of the victims bodies. Interesting information regarding the Sheriff's office involved.

When it comes to the Sheriff telling the eight Deputies involved to delete the photos, all I can think about is sure I can delete a photo from my phone and you can watch me do it; but that photo I deleted from my phone could still be saved (for example) to my Google Photo account. Not to mention the Deputies may not reveal who else they may have forwarded the photos to via text. They could easily delete that history as well. So, who knows who could have ended up with a photo(s). I certainly don't think asking these Deputies to delete the photos from their phones is enough. I think an independent investigation should be done and the guilty Deputies should have to face severe consequences. (I won't hold my breath.) This is not appropriate behavior and certainly not behavior that should be overlooked by the Sheriff's department. ^^MOO^^

My worry (and I'm sure Vanessa's worry as well) is that these photos will end up getting online. To even think someone took graphic photos to show off sickens me to no end.
    ^^JMO,MOO^^

16. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

They really should confiscate the devices to see the history, like they do with criminals

17. Arnie M

Arnie M Well-Known Member

Police take photographs , investigators take photographs , the coroner takes photographs , nothing new here. To show them off in a bar is what was completely wrong.

On the subject of "seeing" accident victims ... try being an ambulance driver or paramedic (or policeman) at an accident scene .... a leg here , a head there , a blob of crushed flesh that used to be a child .... cant edit that stuff out.

I once attended a helicopter safety seminar .... same old stuff we had been hearing forever .... dont walk into the rear tail rotor while it is spinning , duck down when walking under the main rotors , a few yawns here and there in the class.

Then they showed a video and pictures of 2 people who had become complacent and were decapitated by blades .... nobody ever forgot that lesson .

18. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

"Porsche Girl"

CHP settles over leaked photos of woman killed in crash

By RICK ROJAS, LOS ANGELES TIMES
    JAN. 31, 201212 AM

Five years after grisly photographs of an Orange County teen killed in a car accident began appearing online, the young woman’s family has settled a lawsuit filed against the California Highway Patrol for its role in disseminating the graphic images taken at the scene.

The lawsuit launched an unprecedented legal discussion about the Internet.

The photos from the Halloween 2006 accident show 18-year-old Nicole “Nikki” Catsouras maimed and nearly decapitated in her father’s mangled Porsche. The pictures were taken by CHP investigators and were never intended for public release but were leaked by two Highway Patrol dispatchers.

An Orange County Superior Court judge initially threw out the family’s lawsuit, reaching the conclusion the agency had not breached any legal duty to the family. The law, at the time, did not recognize the right of family members to sue for invasion of privacy involving photos of the dead.

But that changed in 2010 when the state’s 4th District Court of Appeal reversed the decision. For the first time in California, the court established that surviving family members have a right to sue for invasion of privacy in such cases.

Under terms of the settlement, the Catsouras family received about $2.37 million in damages.

CHP settles over leaked photos of woman killed in crash

Seems to me, based on this 2010 ruling, Kobe's wife has a case against the LAPD.

19. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

20. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

La Louve and Blondie in Spokane like this.