CA - Kobe Bryant, 41, daughter GiGi, 13, & 7 others die in helicopter crash, Calabasas, 26 Jan 2020

Thanks -- it was his comment yesterday on HoopJab that made it sound like he would not be there.

LeBron James On Kobe Bryant's Staples Center Memorial Ceremony. HoopJab NBA

Feb 23, 2020
I think LeBron didn’t want to speak, he wanted other guys to have a chance. jmo
I also think LeBron didn’t want any part of the celebration to be about him. He’s too classy for that.
Did Kobe’s family attend? I only noticed Vanessa’s sister, not Kobe’s dad or his sisters.

Last edited:
I think LeBron didn’t want to speak, he wanted other guys to have a chance. jmo
I also think LeBron didn’t want any part of the celebration to be about him. He’s too classy for that.
Did Kobe’s family attend? I only noticed Vanessa’s sister, not Kobe’s dad or his sisters.

Yes, both Kobe's mother and father attended yesterday. I saw the camera pan to them a few times. (I didn't see Kobe's sisters or I may not have recognized them.)

Kobe Bryant's Parents, Joe and Pam Bryant, Attend Public Memorial

Kobe will be like JFK, Elvis & Princess Di, many will always remember where they were when the tragic news broke.

So true! One thing that is so gripping about his loss, among many is the passion Kobe embodied. It’s just rare today to that extent or we just don’t recognize it until something like this happens. He impacted so many with his personality alone and it feels so heartfelt to people who never knew him or followed him.

Yes, both Kobe's mother and father attended yesterday. I saw the camera pan to them a few times. (I didn't see Kobe's sisters or I may not have recognized them.)

Kobe Bryant's Parents, Joe and Pam Bryant, Attend Public Memorial
A sports talk show in Philly (Comcast 97.5 radio and tv) interviewed Kobe's high school basketball coach from Lower Merion today. Greg Downer attended the memorial service in LA, as he and Kobe have remained friends. He stated that he spoke with his parents and his 2 sisters, who were all in attendance.

The coach had been unable to talk about the tragedy up to this point in any interviews.

Gregg Downer Joins The Mike Missanelli Show 2-26-2020

Wow, this is awesome, she needs this kind of support! She lost her strongest supporters, hopefully this will help her get through the first of many hurdles.

What did you think about Michael Jordan’s tribute?
loved MJ, he spoke from his heart, imo!
The internship is awesome & I bet will lead to a great future for the young woman.
I can’t help but feel sorry for everyone that suffered loss. If you go to TMZ, they have info about the lawsuit V filed. Iirc, the company only had $50mil in insurance, since Kobe’s income loss is the greatest, it will go to V. Per TMZ & their legal pundit, there will be nothing left to fulfill other lawsuits. The company was not underinsured & had they been insured for $100mil, they prob’ would have went under, due to the cost of insurance.
Everyone suffered equal loss. At least Kobe’s 3 daughter’s still have a mom, they were not left orphaned. and, V has ample resources to continue raising them in the manner Kobe wished. Moo

Thanks, I will look at TMZ. It is an enormous tragedy for everyone. Its been bittersweet to see more of their personal laid back lifestyle. I love all of the family photos.

I’ve seen the most on Instagram. Just put his name in and you get so much to look through. Their individual profiles and many others. His teammates as well.

I thought MJ was fabulous, he is typically private and this was raw emotion.

Beyoncé’s delivery was sharp. I’m not necessarily a fan but she was great in directing it personally to V.

I was surprised V was able to speak. She refers to herself as the Ice Queen, she has remained fairly quiet thru out their marriage. She has a different road ahead, she’s been fairly protected from the public, but now I think things will change.

I was surprised V was able to speak. She refers to herself as the Ice Queen, she has remained fairly quiet thru out their marriage. She has a different road ahead, she’s been fairly protected from the public, but now I think things will change.

I agree. Kobe was the Velveteen rabbit so to speak, she is from a different cloth. Nothing derogatory, and no judgment but regarding that she was insulated by him.

Have you seen the clip of when they met?

"If money could solve all of your problems, you don't have any problems at all.".

That quote is so relevant to Vanessa right now. She will have predators coming to her from all angles. No one would wish a tragedy like this on anyone.

Wrongful death suit? KB was worth an astronomical sum. Is the company at fault? Or can the entire situation be placed as "pilot error"?

@mickey2942 the company is referring to it as a “horrific accident”. Imo V will never suffer the economic loss the others will face, maybe her foundation will help them. I’m guessing there’s an attorney willing to file suit against Kobe’s estate for “inviting” acquaintances to travel on the copter. TMZ is a great source for info, moo.
I think V will have issues within the family. Hopefully she’s surrounded with a safety net. Maybe she should move to a private island. I would, lol. The tabloids will be all over her. Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back