CA CA - Kristen Modafferi, 18, San Francisco, 23 June 1997

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by Doyle, Aug 12, 2003.

1. ekardh

ekardh Well-Known Member

Did you click the link I provided? There's little doubt that's Kristen.

austinhazel likes this.

2. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Well-Known Member

OK, I saw the video again in the link. Yes, it does look like her. However, without more to go on - this ATM sighting doesn't mean much.

austinhazel likes this.
  3. austinhazel

austinhazel Member

I obviously have never seen Kristen in person but to me it kind of looks like her, but with grainy footage we just can't get a real good look. I have to lean towards yes for this reason. This CCTV was shown on the twenty year update so clearly by 2017 there was more knowledge of what was and wasn't facts to Kristen's case by this point. Plus the Modafferi family never came out and said this CCTV sighting was false nor has Dennis Mahon who has been on this case like glue even to this day. With that being said I assume the CCTV must of been proven to be legit for it to be used, they cannot afford to still be getting what is facts and false mixed up.

ekardh likes this.
  4. ekardh

ekardh Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. If it's the last confirmed sighting of Kristen, it shows she was last seen on her own, and not with the mystery blonde woman. Of course, that doesn't mean she wasn't picked up afterwards.

TedMac likes this.
  5. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Well-Known Member

This is true. And, I agree that if the mysterious blonde woman was involved in KM's disappearance, it's very possible that they met & spoke in the Galleria (as the co-workers claim they witnessed), went their separate ways....and then re-connected outside somewhere.

That all being said, I'm still on the fence as to whether her disappearance was connected to her falling into the water @ Lands End, drowning, and being swept away (which has happened to others), or due to foul play/a kidnapping.

Again, this is one of the many cases I've read about that it truly fascinating/compelling, and disturbing.

austinhazel likes this.
  6. austinhazel

austinhazel Member

She also visited Lands End Two days before with two unidentified women. We only know of these women because one of the roommates mentioned this to the Modafferi's I think. I've always wondered if the unidentified blonde woman could be one of those two women.

geojeffrey likes this.