Still Missing CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She went missing 25 years ago. I am literally 25. Her family has been waiting my entire lifetime for this. I actually live in SLO county. I am so excited this is actually progressing to where it should have 2 decades ago

edited, then realized I failed to finish my thought

She went missing 25 years ago. I am literally 25. Her family has been waiting my entire lifetime for this. I actually live in SLO county. I am so excited this is actually progressing to where it should have 2 decades ago

edited, then realized I failed to finish my thought
Hi Neighbor, me too!

I can't stop thinking about her parents waiting 25 years for this moment and Kristin was in AG this whole time :(

Ey4JwwBVoAIBUq1

Charged with 187PC:

PENAL CODE - PEN
PART 1. OF CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS [25 - 680.4]

( Part 1 enacted 1872. )
TITLE 8. OF CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON [187 - 248]
( Title 8 enacted 1872. )

CHAPTER 1. Homicide [187 - 199]
( Chapter 1 enacted 1872. )

(a) Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being, or a fetus, with malice aforethought.

(b) This section shall not apply to any person who commits an act that results in the death of a fetus if any of the following apply:

(1) The act complied with the Therapeutic Abortion Act, Article 2 (commencing with Section 123400) of Chapter 2 of Part 2 of Division 106 of the Health and Safety Code.

(2) The act was committed by a holder of a physician’s and surgeon’s certificate, as defined in the Business and Professions Code, in a case where, to a medical certainty, the result of childbirth would be death of the mother of the fetus or where her death from childbirth, although not medically certain, would be substantially certain or more likely than not.

(3) The act was solicited, aided, abetted, or consented to by the mother of the fetus.

(c) Subdivision (b) shall not be construed to prohibit the prosecution of any person under any other provision of law.

(Amended by Stats. 1996, Ch. 1023, Sec. 385. Effective September 29, 1996.)

News of the arrest was met with emotion from the Smart family, Segale said.

There were “a lot of really emotional moments,” he said. “A lot of prayers, astonishment, excitement, happiness, and of course sadness. Sadness, because this has gone on for 25 years. The Smart family had not been able to bury their daughter. There was no closure.”

The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Office plans a 2 p.m. local time news conference (5 pm. ET).
Two suspects arrested in the 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart, family and sources say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail