Still Missing CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #2

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Litlstar04, Jan 5, 2004.

1. cbeagle

cbeagle Member

Ruben Flores did this with the help of “two additional individuals, who will be later named as defendants in this action,” the document reads.

The document being the criminal complaint, which I think was also linked somewhere in the last few of pages.

From: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article250873499.html

2. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/krist...g-up-moved-victims-body-after-search-warrant/

Did I miss this somewhere else? Snipped and BBM

“According to the lawsuit, the father first helped his son move Smart’s body from the younger Flores’ dorm room at Cal Poly, then hid the victim’s body in different locations.

Citing video and first-hand observations of people at the scene, plaintiffs say that deputies performed another search of the White Court property a year later, focusing on the enclosed lattice area under the deck.”

VIDEO? First hand observation? You know the Flores Fam knows who this Confidential Informant is! If the 2 doe defendants are SF & her bf-it either was them or another party was in attendance.
    I hope things just keep coming & the pressure doesn’t let up.

3. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

4. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

probably not evidence yet. if they had evidence i think it would be obstruction of justice.

5. Caring4Many

I would imagine there will be another civil suit to follow, or an extension of the current one against Ruben.
    Tick tock indeed

6. cbeagle

cbeagle Member

Ruben Flores did this with the help of “two additional individuals, who will be later named as defendants in this action,” the document reads.

The document being the criminal complaint, which I think was also linked somewhere in the last few of pages.

From: https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article250873499.html

7. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

It shouldn't. Criminal cases are totally separate from Civil ones.

8. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

That really surprises me that the university wouldn't take better precautions for their students at this point. Most campuses that I've visited have call boxes prominently displayed at least.

9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

To be clear, this article and the complaint provided in the law and crime link are NOT the criminal complaint but the civil, Wrongful Death complaint filed in Superior Court of CA -County of San Luis Obispo on April 22, 2021.

Because the civil and criminal cases share some but not all case facts, and the evidence in the criminal case is under seal and gag order in place, it seems media presentation about Kristin Smart is becoming a real can of worms.

For the protection of the criminal case, beware that the civil case documents, which are public records, might come across as somewhat cryptic and should not be confused with the criminal case facts.

The wrongful death claim (and linked complaint doc) is about monetary damages only whereas the criminal case is about sealed evidence that will prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused murdered Kristin Smart.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/krist...g-up-moved-victims-body-after-search-warrant/

kolokolo, A2FMNST, Aloe and 9 others like this.
  10. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

Your Own Backyard deserves all the credit. The podcast not only renewed interest in this case (which resulted in the development of new leads and evidence — and which ultimately led to the arrest of Paul Flores and his dad), but it was so well produced! His narration/interview style is very reminiscent of Someone Knows Something, another true crime podcast that is produced by award-winning documentarian and investigator David Ridgen. Their attention to detail, and greeting of pets and such, has a way of making the interviews feel more like intimate conversations among friends. I hope Lambert will continue with the podcast and cover other unsolved cases.

ETA: I now see that CL has already stated he plans to move on from podcasting. Bummer!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  11. cujenn81

Nobody Knows by The Tony Rich Project
    That’s where it’s at.

12. cujenn81

There was a similar situation where I live — except the guy SPRAY PAINTED his truck a different color! :eek:

13. Caring4Many

I really wish I could get my eyes on SFs deposition. I think comparing that to her current interview could be telling. JMO. I’ve had a feeling that SF has known for awhile what her son did (at least the end result) and RFs part in it. But I do wonder at what point she found/figured it out. If she knew early on, I don’t think she’d be naive enough to mention that RF got a call that night.

LinasK, everybodhi, Aloe and 4 others like this.
  14. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

Yeah some of them aren't the brightest crayons in the box

15. Quiet Time

Quiet Time Well-Known Member

DBM

16. MysteryMaven

MysteryMaven Well-Known Member

He is probably getting a job offer from LE! He has excellent investigative and interviewing skills.

The podcast deserves a lot of credit indeed. CL said the most pertinent information he gleaned during his investigation was never aired and instead given directly to law enforcement. IP even gave CL props in the presser as I am sure ppl know.

A2FMNST, sleepysleuth, SuziQ and 9 others like this.
  17. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

Here’s wishing Paul Flores pulls a Jake Wagner and tells the story, I know it’s not likely but I never expected it from JW either.
    It’s going to be hard to find scattered bones in those mountains around Huasna

18. Caring4Many

I honestly don’t think he would be told. I mean it’s possible, but I’m guessing RF would be calling the shots and had this done but didn’t give PF details so when asked-he couldn’t tell. Just an assumption of course.

19. kolokolo

kolokolo Active Member

I too have looked for her deposition, CL references a little bit about SF in episode 7, 23:43-27:10 which makes me think it has been filed to the court and is/should be public record. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

JMHO ..... I think SF learned early on, unless we are to believe she never asked Ruben "hey where did you takeoff to last night."

20. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

GREAT thinking, Caring4Many! <<thumbup>>