Still Missing CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #2

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Litlstar04, Jan 5, 2004.

1. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

2015:
    Eyewitness Comes Forward - Believes He Saw Paul Flores Digging Kristin Smart’s Grave

One week after Kristin disappeared, Paul Flores tells his college roommate:

“Yes I killed her and brought her to my mom’s, and she is still there”
    Funds Denied is Justice Denied - The politics of the Kristin Smart case
    http://californiaregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Issue-2-Volume-3.pdf

PAUL FLORES ARREST & CONVICTION RECORD
    http://californiaregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Arrest-Record.pdf

2. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Thank you for doing this, great summary!

3. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

4. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

His father is as disgusting as he is. :mad:

5. osu

osu Well-Known Member

6. osu

osu Well-Known Member

Long-time suspect in Kristin Smart's 1996 disappearance is charged with murder and his father with accessory after police recover 193 items, including 'physical evidence', at two of their homes: Paul Flores was last to see the Cal Poly student after party

Suspect in Kristin Smart's 1996 disappearance is arrested

7. imstilla.grandma

8. Emi

Emi CSKA Sofia fan!!! Huge Golden State Warriors fan!

9. Emi

Justice For Kristin 1hr ·

Statement from the Smart Family regarding today's arrest:
    For over twenty-four years, we have waited for this bittersweet day. It is impossible to put into words what this day means for our family; we pray it is the first step to bringing our daughter home. While Kristin’s loving spirit will always live in our hearts, our life without her hugs, laughs and smiles is a heartache that never abates. The knowledge that a father and son, despite our desperate pleas for help, could have withheld this horrible secret for nearly 25 years, denying us the chance to lay our daughter to rest, is an unrelenting and unforgiving pain. We now put our faith in the justice system and move forward, comforted in the knowledge that Kristin has been held in the hearts of so many and that she has not been forgotten.
    We honor Kristin today and those who worked with unparalled tenacity and dedication to bring us to this day. Without Kristin in our life, there will never be justice, but we will pray for peace. Unfortunately, the indifference and lack of resolve we experienced early on set the course for many years.
    However, when Sheriff Parkinson took office in 2011, he made a promise that Kristin’s disappearance would be one of his top priorities. We are here today because he has remained true to his word. We have kept the faith; never given up; and fully placed our trust and support with him and his team.
    The task he and his team accepted was unprecedented in volume and scope, yet they met every setback and challenge with resolve and an unequaled commitment to Kristin and our family.
    Our gratitude to Sheriff Parkinson and his department for their professionalism, compassion, and perseverance is without measure. We are forever grateful for Detective Clint Cole who joined ‘Team Kristin’ in 2017 and brought new oxygen to Team Kristin and kept our hopes alive. We would not be here today without his professionalism, perseverance, and dedication. His heart and commitment are without equal.
    We would be remiss if we did not acknowledge the exceptional skills, indefatigable work and unselfish dedication of Christopher Lambert who produced Your Own Backyard Podcast. Chris, along with four incredible angels (C, J, J, and J), balanced Kristin on their shoulders while lightening our burden and held our hearts and hopes with fierce resolve and commitment. There simply are ‘no words’!
    We also wish to extend our deepest gratitude for all those on the SLOSO team, including Commander Nate Paul, Detective Cole, and their incredible and dedicated support staff. To each law enforcement agency that assisted the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Department with their extraordinary efforts, our gratitude is immeasurable. Each gave 110% to ensure that this day would come.
    We are pleased that Kristin’s case has now moved to the district attorney’s office, where we know we will be in good hands, and look forward to the day when there will be ‘justice’ for Kristin.
    To HEAL, we must REMEMBER not only Kristin but also every heart that carried Kristin and our family in theirs! Kristin’s story is ultimately one of unwavering commitment, resilience and immense gratitude.

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Memory is a funny thing.
    When Kristen was reported missing -- one of the first things I recall learning about her was that she'd worked as a lifeguard, and was 6' tall!!

Those stats alone made her like a superhero. I so badly wanted to read that she was able to escape her captor(s) and make her way home. I could never forget Kristen.

[​IMG]

ETA: add photo link
    KRISTIN SMART STORY – The California Register

11. Jsizzle

Jsizzle Well-Known Member

Trying to catch up but will they dig the yard now?? Would there be anything to find?

12. Rhibread

Rhibread ^Veronica Hepworth - Feb 25 1982 Northern VA

Brooke Martell is a reporter for KSBY. She posted several tweets earlier today that appeared to suggest that they were doing just that... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link even though it's an actual reporter but not an article... But I would hope they'd keep looking until she is found. Maybe they'll be able to get him to tell them considering he's clearly not going anywhere...

13. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

in light of 1. no remains yet and 2. the arrests preceding the execution of the warrant, the evidence they found was last month.

14. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

What a fabulous transcript! Thank you.

Okay, so they did search his mother Susan's house but it was last year; and I did not know they searched his sister's house, too. That's a lot of new evidence - what could it be?

15. Herat

Herat Way out West

Evidence in more than one place, but not remains, and it appears some of it was found by digging or dismantleing a deck.?

Clothing, shoes, jewelry?

16. imstilla.grandma

In 2011, "I requested a complete review of all the physical evidence that had ever been taken in the [Smart] case," said San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Ian Parkinson at a news conference. "In late 2016, we discovered additional evidence that confirmed that Paul was the suspect in the disappearance."
    Over 40 search warrants had been executed at 16 locations over the years, according to Parkinson. So much evidence had been compiled that it would fill three terabytes on a computer hard drive, Parkinson estimated.
    He added that the information produced was "valuable" and led to new evidence which allowed detectives to secure a court order to intercept Flores' calls and text messages. bbm
    Kristin Smart disappearance: Two men arrested in case, authorities say

*So, it took 15 years to get the case reviewed. Five more to sleuth the evidence. Another five to score a wire to finally tap his a**. Let’s hope the old adage holds true. I won’t hold my breath. “The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine.” Justice is such a slow process these days, I wonder how anything ever gets decided at all. I’d really like to see the finest of details in this case. I hope all those i’s are dotted and those t’s are crossed. And make dang sure the dude makes it alive to the trial. No sleeping on the job...

*2016 evidence?

17. Emi

18. Emi

There are 3 more photos I will add them now

Attached Files:

19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Reporters were on scene at Flores Sr. property Tuesday morning with tents and screens -- appeared to be using concrete saws and removing lumber -- possible decking from the backyard. Reportedly, they served another warrant at this property this morning. They are searching/removing evidence which may include more digging. Try KSBY/6 video news.

20. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Well-Known Member

Excellent!!

I hope they have ironclad evidence to get a conviction and put these two away forever.
    If they could recover her remains that would be a big help, and also provide some degree of comfort to her grieving family who have waited far too long for this.