CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!! I truly hope this comes to fruition. I hope he’s scared.

Kristin Smart case: Investigators find 'items of interest' in home search
Kristin Smart case: Investigators find 'items of interest' in search - CNN

Snip:
Flores was detained at his San Pedro, California home and released back to his home after the search, which began at 7 a.m. PT and ended at 10:30 a.m. PT, Cipolla said.

I wonder if he kept something vital to his (alleged) crime as he has been watched and was too afraid to get rid of it. He prob had a certain amount of bravado having lasted this long without an arrest and if he kept said item with him and under his control he wouldnt have to worry about it being found. Sprry about the horrible sentence structure....im at work and trying not to get caught typing on my phone!

... As with the earlier warrants, Wednesday’s search was sealed by the court. “This continues to be an active and ongoing investigation. The Sheriff’s Office will not be commenting any further, and no additional information will be released at this time,” Cipolla said.

Multiple sources told The Times the searches are part of an ongoing effort to gather physical evidence, including DNA, that may reveal what happened to the 19-year-old Smart, who disappeared on her way home from an off-campus party May 25, 1996. Flores was seen walking on a path to the college dormitories with her the night she went missing...

LINK:
Kristin Smart cold case: New warrant served at San Pedro home of former classmate

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article243000261.html

I’m not very familiar with this case, however I thought these article provided at the link above would be of interest to those following her thread. :)

A group of supporters gathered Monday to remember Kristin Smart, the Cal Poly student who went missing 24 years ago, and her family.

A line of vehicles met at Arroyo Grande, where attorney James Murphy posted a new sign offering a $75,000 award, and then formed a caravan to drive to Shell Beach to honor Smart, who was last seen on May 25, 1996.

The new sign also notes the address for the ”Your Own Backyard” podcast that has sparked renewed interest in the case.

KDSmart2.jpg

Kristin Smart, age 19
Missing since 25 May 1996

At this point they would probably need to find a body for them to be able to arrest him. They wouldn't want to charge him unless they had an air tight case as at this point all he would have to say was that they had consensual sex that night and then she left.

24 years ago, Cal Poly freshman Kristin Smart disappeared
snipped
By: KSBY Staff
Posted at 7:16 AM, May 25, 2020
and last updated 6:06 PM, May 25, 2020
Monday marks 24 years since the disappearance of Kristin Smart.

The 19-year-old was last seen on May 25, 1996 outside her dorm after leaving an off-campus party.

She was weeks away from finishing her freshman year.

Paul Flores, who witnesses say was one of the last people to be seen with Smart, has never been named a suspect but remains a person of interest in the case.

The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's office has served multiple search warrants at his San Pedro home this year as well as at his parents’ homes in Arroyo Grande.

With search warrants sealed, the specifics of what investigators were looking for has not been released.

When KSBY spoke with San Luis Obispo County Sheriff Ian Parkinson about the case last month, he said he talks with Smart's parents, Stan and Denise, about every two to three weeks and says bringing closure to the family is still a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77