CA CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8th episode of "Your Own Backyard" is now available. Not a ton of new info, but I found the Australian student's account of what he saw on campus interesting.

CBS also featured Kristin on their "48 Hours" crime show last night. It originally aired at 10pm PT on November 27th. I didn't get a chance to watch it :(

Spotify Link: Episode 08: The 16-Hour Gap - Your Own Backyard

The 8th episode of "Your Own Backyard" is now available. Not a ton of new info, but I found the Australian student's account of what he saw on campus interesting.

CBS also featured Kristin on their "48 Hours" crime show last night. It originally aired at 10pm PT on November 27th. I didn't get a chance to watch it :(

Wow! The part about the Australian exchange student witnessing a struggle between woman seemingly matching Kristen's description and a male just inside a dorm is interesting. Especially since LE may ruled it out as a result of misunderstanding where the guy was riding his bike.

The 48 Hours episode is tonight 10pm Pacific

[URL='https://twitter.com/48hours']48 Hours [URL='https://twitter.com/48hours']@48hours
[/URL][/URL]2h
What do you think was the biggest misstep in the initial investigation? See more photos from the case:

[URL='https://t.co/sbqOqNsJoM?amp=1']The Kristin Smart disappearance

A series of missteps left the Kristin Smart case unsolved. But a recent podcast has turned up the heat on the case and the one and only suspect.
cbsnews.com[/URL]

Jonathan Vigliotti @JonVigliotti
3h

Would you quit your job to investigate a decades-old missing persons case? cc:
@48hours
#yourownbackyard

That interview with the renter about the noise from outside re. the cellphone every early morn is stunning! LE needs to GO BACK TO THAT HOUSE and EXCAVATE!!! I'm appalled that they didn't do that before!

A very good broadcast that is needed. I wish they addressed the Australian exchange student, but maybe the work on this episode was done before the podcaster uncovered the exchange student.

Last edited:
I was under the impression the place was rented out some time after the crime and that is when the renter heard the alarm or whatever the sound was. So wouldn't that mean the phone was still there, or ?
The body must have still been there when the original renters were there. Concrete had been poured over the alleged burial site (ostensibly for some kind of planter). That concrete was later broken up; apparently Kristin's body was dug up and moved after those renters had moved away.

The body must have still been there when the original renters were there. Concrete had been poured over the alleged burial site (ostensibly for some kind of planter). That concrete was later broken up; apparently Kristin's body was dug up and moved after those renters had moved away.

Wow! I'm thinking there may still be some kind of trace evidence at this site in the dirt under the cement even after the alleged moving of the body from there. However, it sounds like from what LE said on the show last night that they found some kind of evidence inside the homes that they recently re-searched again so that's good.

I love my boys, I have two adult sons. So I feel I can make this comment with authenticity; if I suspected one of them killed a woman, I would never cover for him. Let alone bury a body in my backyard. I really have a hard time understanding Paul's parents and the actions with their son.

It seems for years, whatever could go wrong, did in this case. I voted for Ian and think he does a fine job in our County. I hope he and Dan Dow are able to close the chapter in this case, both are heavily invested.

Exactly! He’s not the brightest bulb but would he really still have evidence in his possession 24 years later?

From what I have read regarding males who continually accost women...

These men often save items (indefinitely) reminding them of their victims...

Perhaps Paul Flores is one of these individuals?

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member