Identified! CA - L.A. Griffith Park, WhtFem 725UFCA, 20-28, @Picnic Table, Jun'68 Cheryl McMillan

That's excellent news, and a relatively happy ending, too!
This seems to have be a banner year for identifying and locating mp's, but since I haven't been on WS for a year yet, let me ask, is this a lot?

This is a lot a lot. It's kind of incredible how many mysteries have been revealing themselves this year

I hope the trend continues. With more technology and increased exposure and advocacy for victims, I believe it's possible we can continue to see this upswing in solved cases. Here's to hoping.

Couldn't search for Anita's own forum on my phone so I figured I'd post it here in case y'all didn't know. But in March of 2017 the DNA came back and it definitely was Anita Drake as Lynda Smith :)
Source-http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't search for Anita's own forum on my phone so I figured I'd post it here in case y'all didn't know. But in March of 2017 the DNA came back and it definitely was Anita Drake as Lynda Smith :)
Source-http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html

Thank you for confirming that. I had a feeling it would.
Anita's case helps prove what I've been saying all along, that not all long term teenage MP's met with foul play or were abducted, and they weren't so helpless and incapable of taking care of themselves as everyone purports them to be. That's must my take on things.
Thanks again.

Incredible story! Nice work Carl and Rita!!!

I was just communicating with Cheryl's brother, and he sent me this photo.
The Los Angeles county cemetery marks the graves of the unidentified and indigent (cremated and buried together), with a marker indicating only their year of death. They do allow families to place small markers next to the year marker, and if you visit that cemetery, you will see that many such markers are scattered among the year markers.

I didn't realize that John had a small marker made and placed it on her grave last March. Here is a photo of the 1968 marker, with Cheryl's marker next to it.

Attachments

• Cheryl McMillan marker.jpg
    Cheryl McMillan marker.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 39

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members