CA - LAPD chief recommends criminal charges for officer in fatal shooting

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by bluesneakers, Jan 11, 2016.

1. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Active Member

LAPD chief recommends criminal charges for officer in fatal shooting of homeless man in Venice

[​IMG]
    http://www.trbimg.com/img-56933283/turbine/la-me-0509-brendon-glenn-mc-jpg-20150510/700/700x394

2. Loading...

3. bluesneakers

From May:

http://ktla.com/2015/05/06/lapd-officers-open-fire-on-transient-near-venice-beach/

4. pappa rob

pappa rob New Member

It's about time, then we'll see what happens from here..

5. Woodland

Woodland New Member

From the first article in post #1 -

After reviewing video, witness accounts and other evidence, investigators determined Glenn was not trying to take either Proctor’s gun or his partner’s weapon at the time of the shooting, Beck said. Proctor’s partner also told investigators he did not know why the officer opened fire.

Proctor's attorney, Larry Hanna, defended his client's decision to shoot, saying the officer saw Glenn going for his partner's gun — even if his partner may not have realized it.

Hanna accused LAPD brass of making a "political decision," ...

"There's a lot of people out there who want to see officers tried for any type of shooting," Hanna said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-shooting-venice-brendan-glenn-20160111-story.html

Find the defense statements all so ridiculous - recommending charges is a political statement? People want to see officers charged in any shooting?

Have always suspected that officers unions etc, have circulated among officers for years to 'always use they went for my gun' as an immediate excuse for an unjustified shooting. This case drives that home for me. A setup to keep as many people as possible from further questioning LE on the use of lethal force.
    It's so saturated now - jmo.

6. bluesneakers

Fatal LAPD shooting of homeless man was unjustified, police commission says

Commission rejected claim that the officer shot Brendon Glenn because he grabbed a pistol, putting more pressure on district attorney to charge the officer

*This was published in April. Still looking for updates.

7. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ >.·´¯`·>

So let me get this straight. The police chief has admitted that the cop murdered the homeless guy. The police department’s civilian oversight board has determined that the cop murdered the homeless guy. But now a year and a half later, the killer cop still hasn’t been charged.:facepalm: And this is great progress for LA?

The justice system in America. If someone kills a cop, if they survive, their bullet ridden body will be in court being arraigned within 24 hours. If the Police Chief and the civilian oversight board find that a cop has murdered a homeless man, the DA will wait many, many years to decide if the cop should be charged or not, to see if maybe everybody will just forget about the case, so the he doesn’t have to charge him at all.

8. bluesneakers

LAPD officer at center of high-profile shooting in Venice also faces domestic violence charges

9. Tawny

Tawny Bye

I'm so disgusted by this case. I cannot believe ONE person has such a powerful voice in a situation like this.