Found Safe CA - Lateche Norris, 20, had a fight with bf, new to the area, San Diego, 5 Nov 2021 *At-Risk*

areas with a high homeless and crime population will not allow ppl to use the restroom 99% of the time.

There's a public bathroom on 3rd Avenue, north of the Trolley line, next to the theatre that the homeless use. This 7-11 is on park? Do we know the cross street? (It's been a few years since I lived in SD)

There's a public bathroom on 3rd Avenue, north of the Trolley line, next to the theatre that the homeless use. This 7-11 is on park? Do we know the cross street? (It's been a few years since I lived in SD)

The address of the 7-11 is 222 Park, it's where Park and 11th kinda merge, between the library and Petco Park.

DEC 3, 2021
Lateche Norris: Video shows missing Indiana woman, 20, last seen at California 7-Eleven | Fox News
Lateche Norris, a 20-year-old from Indiana, flew across the country last month for what she believed would be a few days of "roughing it" on a California beach with her boyfriend Joseph Smith, her mother wrote on social media.

She found him at a homeless encampment, riddled with drugs and filth, and they got into a fight, according to Cheryl Walker, her mom. Days later, Norris went missing – and now she hasn’t been seen in four weeks.

[...]

According to Walker, Smith invited her daughter out to camp out with him on the San Diego shore. When the distraught mother arrived weeks later to look for Norris – she wrote that she found the area was a homeless encampment where "the air already smells of urine, feces, death and despair."

"Lateche Norris isn't a drug addict -- Joey is," her mother wrote. "They fought about it when she got here because he LIED! NOW SHES MISSING!"

[...]

His whereabouts are also unknown, and his parents did not immediately return messages seeking comment Friday morning.

[...]

I wonder how her traveling to CA would even be helpful, given that bf had no place to stay.

I wonder if Lateche has ever struggled with drugs. In no way do I want to accuse her of this without evidence, but if she has, it could explain LE's refusal to label her as endangered, I suppose. I personally do not see a good outcome for this case, but it's interesting that LE seems to.
ehe
I hope she's safe.
I wonder what she said about their plans for housing.
Her boyfriend was newly homeless and she went with little money?

LE must be very overwhelmed, but IMO they should track down her boyfriend's location, if he's active on SM. Change her status to endangered missing and act accordingly.
So typical for the San Diego LE - no interest and lazy they need to be forced to do something ! Chanel 10 has an investigating unit contact them ASAP!
Why can’t she be featured on TV news
MOO! I live in San Diego and have seen how the police works !

DEC 3, 2021
New leads in missing Indiana woman case | cbs8.com

ffab1c72-2b64-4977-b5aa-f22058809043_1140x641.jpg

[...]

It appears the trail to the missing couple is taking detectives along the trolley tracks from downtown San Diego to Chula Vista.

[...]

No one would have known the couple stopped at that 7-Eleven store – at 11:25 p.m. on Nov. 4 – if it wasn’t for a random meeting on the street in front of the store.

That's where a high school friend of Norris from Anderson, Indiana happened to be walking by and recognized her.

News 8 spoke to the 19-year-old woman on Facebook. She said she gave Norris a hug and asked her what she was doing in San Diego. Norris responded that she and her boyfriend, Smith, were heading to Chula Vista.

[...]

On October 30, days before the couple went missing, Joey Smith posted a photo on Facebook of trolley tracks at F Street in Chula Vista. He also posted a caption which said,

“Feels good to look forward to riding this train instead of wanting to lay in front of it. Roughest two weeks yet...But Monday has me smiling again.”

The trolley track location has a nearby homeless encampment.

[...]

Smith, or someone using his account, also posted a Facebook story photo on Nov. 13, a week after the coupe went missing. It was taken in front of the Keg-n-Bottle liquor store on H Street in Chula Vista.

The liquor store owner told News 8, SDPD detectives already scanned through his surveillance video and found no sign of Smith.

[...]

DEC 3, 2021
New leads in missing Indiana woman case | cbs8.com

ffab1c72-2b64-4977-b5aa-f22058809043_1140x641.jpg

[...]

It appears the trail to the missing couple is taking detectives along the trolley tracks from downtown San Diego to Chula Vista.

[...]

No one would have known the couple stopped at that 7-Eleven store – at 11:25 p.m. on Nov. 4 – if it wasn’t for a random meeting on the street in front of the store.

That's where a high school friend of Norris from Anderson, Indiana happened to be walking by and recognized her.

News 8 spoke to the 19-year-old woman on Facebook. She said she gave Norris a hug and asked her what she was doing in San Diego. Norris responded that she and her boyfriend, Smith, were heading to Chula Vista.

[...]

On October 30, days before the couple went missing, Joey Smith posted a photo on Facebook of trolley tracks at F Street in Chula Vista. He also posted a caption which said,

“Feels good to look forward to riding this train instead of wanting to lay in front of it. Roughest two weeks yet...But Monday has me smiling again.”

The trolley track location has a nearby homeless encampment.

[...]

Smith, or someone using his account, also posted a Facebook story photo on Nov. 13, a week after the coupe went missing. It was taken in front of the Keg-n-Bottle liquor store on H Street in Chula Vista.

The liquor store owner told News 8, SDPD detectives already scanned through his surveillance video and found no sign of Smith.

[...]
So, it appears that they haven't been in SD since 11/4 - a month ago. I wonder if her mom is in Chula Vista now.

ehe

So typical for the San Diego LE - no interest and lazy they need to be forced to do something ! Chanel 10 has an investigating unit contact them ASAP!
Why can’t she be featured on TV news
MOO! I live in San Diego and have seen how the police works !
I have to say I agree with you. I grew up in San Diego and my experience with the police department there was pretty awful and humiliating. MOO

Chula Vista.... Many of us were saying this all along since the photo of the VW at the keg and bottle was posted on 11/13 which is in Chula Vista.

We are just relieved she is OK. Whatever happens next is up to her.

I'm a bit concerned about the comments being made now about the situation by journalists like Brian Entin and Jennifer Coffindaffer .... it's so gross.

"it’s imperative to state that Joey hasn’t hurt her"..... I mean physically perhaps Lateche is ok... but if she really was as close to mom as mom says, being out of contact for almost exactly one month while mom freaks out and goes across the country to find her.... seems odd. Whatever role Joey had/has in Lateche's life, I would be hard pressed to say it's a positive one..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back