CA CA - Lauralyn Palmer, 71, missing while walking her dog, Shasta County, 20 Apr 2018

Where is Lyn?

That is the million dollar question. It has been some time since I posted here last, as there has been no new news to share. I did go visit in June, to see where my Aunt went missing, the path she started out on when she went out for her walk. It was a haunting experience. Everywhere you go in Fall River Mills, there are flyers up with her picture on it. Anytime we drove anywhere there, I found my eyes drifting toward the landscape, looking to see if I could see anything, looking to see if I would see her. I think that is how it is everyday for my family that lives up there. I am grateful for the NBC article, national news is good. Hoping someone, somewhere, knows something and will come forward. Again, I thank those of you for staying with this story. If I have anything to share in the future I will keep everyone posted.

That is the million dollar question. It has been some time since I posted here last, as there has been no new news to share. I did go visit in June, to see where my Aunt went missing, the path she started out on when she went out for her walk. It was a haunting experience. Everywhere you go in Fall River Mills, there are flyers up with her picture on it. Anytime we drove anywhere there, I found my eyes drifting toward the landscape, looking to see if I could see anything, looking to see if I would see her. I think that is how it is everyday for my family that lives up there. I am grateful for the NBC article, national news is good. Hoping someone, somewhere, knows something and will come forward. Again, I thank those of you for staying with this story. If I have anything to share in the future I will keep everyone posted.
I am so sorry for your aunt who is missing and your family for going through this agony. Did she have any dementia issues or medical issues that might cause her to get confused or lost? Strange that the dog came back four days later- where there any signs on the dog of where they might have been, such as any plant life near a swamp or lake area, in the woods, was the dog wet or had any cuts? Sometimes what's on an animal's fur can give you a clue as to where they have been.

I hope that you all get answers soon.

I am so sorry for your aunt who is missing and your family for going through this agony. Did she have any dementia issues or medical issues that might cause her to get confused or lost? Strange that the dog came back four days later- where there any signs on the dog of where they might have been, such as any plant life near a swamp or lake area, in the woods, was the dog wet or had any cuts? Sometimes what's on an animal's fur can give you a clue as to where they have been.

I hope that you all get answers soon.
Thank you for your thoughts. To answer some of your questions, yes she has been having some memory issues over the years. She has never been formally diagnosed as having dementia, but the family suspects that she was exhibiting early signs of it. I and other members of the family don't believe she would have gotten lost, unless the dog ran off or something else happened. The area she was walking in is an area she knew well and in fact walked the dog there earlier the in the week two other times with no problems. When Lucy (the dog) returned, samples were taken of her fur and I believe they had taken swabs of her paws to see where maybe she had been but nothing really came of that.
Praying for Lyn. It was odd that the dog didn't act starved when he came back to the house, per the above article.
Thank you for your prayers. Yes, many of us think it is odd that the dog was not hungry after returning home. But, there could be several explanations for it. The stress of being away from home and lost. Someone, unrelated to my Aunt's disappearance, could have had her for a short time and fed her and the let her go for whatever reason. The more obvious theories of maybe if someone took my Aunt, they took the dog too and then let her go or if my Aunt was hurt and passed away out there in the woods, the dog maybe stayed with her until the end. I wish we had the ability to talk to dogs, Lucy was the only witness and knows what happened to her but she can't tell us.

Is there any urgency on anyone's part to find this beautiful woman? Anything being actively shared (not just posted) on ANY SM to help find her or jiggle loose some new insight or ideas? Any local press doing any follow up? Anyone beating the bushes for her?

Is there any urgency on anyone's part to find this beautiful woman? Anything being actively shared (not just posted) on ANY SM to help find her or jiggle loose some new insight or ideas? Any local press doing any follow up? Anyone beating the bushes for her?
There is a facebook for her as far as social media goes. It went up right after she went missing. Local news is Redding, CA. and I can't remember the last time they ran an update on her, I think it was maybe in May. The local newspaper in Fall River Mills often times has her picture and details on the front page. Most recently she was featured on Dateline's "Missing In America" website. There are still people in her town that look for her everyday. I know my family has done alot already but I think they are struggling with what to do next at this stage and it is of course very hard for her sons and her husband especially, they are going through their own pain with this. I know it is hard for my Mom and my other Aunt too.

Thank you for your thoughts. To answer some of your questions, yes she has been having some memory issues over the years. She has never been formally diagnosed as having dementia, but the family suspects that she was exhibiting early signs of it. I and other members of the family don't believe she would have gotten lost, unless the dog ran off or something else happened. The area she was walking in is an area she knew well and in fact walked the dog there earlier the in the week two other times with no problems. When Lucy (the dog) returned, samples were taken of her fur and I believe they had taken swabs of her paws to see where maybe she had been but nothing really came of that.

Thank you for your prayers. Yes, many of us think it is odd that the dog was not hungry after returning home. But, there could be several explanations for it. The stress of being away from home and lost. Someone, unrelated to my Aunt's disappearance, could have had her for a short time and fed her and the let her go for whatever reason. The more obvious theories of maybe if someone took my Aunt, they took the dog too and then let her go or if my Aunt was hurt and passed away out there in the woods, the dog maybe stayed with her until the end. I wish we had the ability to talk to dogs, Lucy was the only witness and knows what happened to her but she can't tell us.

Those possible reasons do make sense, for the dog to not have seemed hungry.

Gosh, your family and others started to look for her pretty quickly, and how far could she have possibly gotten in a given amount of time? That's part of the puzzle and so confounding :( I've often wished animals could tell us things, too!

Those possible reasons do make sense, for the dog to not have seemed hungry.

Gosh, your family and others started to look for her pretty quickly, and how far could she have possibly gotten in a given amount of time? That's part of the puzzle and so confounding :( I've often wished animals could tell us things, too!
Exactly. The trail she took normally to walk the dog is not that big. It would not have taken her that long to walk it. She is always described as "elderly" but honestly she does not behave "elderly". It would not have taken her that long to walk the dog. The search dogs indicated that her scent stopped at the highway. It is possible she got into a car with someone, someone she trusted. I don't think she would have gone with a stranger, even given her condition. To me, that would explain how she went missing so fast. Just the dog running off wouldn't do that and I think she would have gone home to my uncle for help if that were the case.

Exactly. The trail she took normally to walk the dog is not that big. It would not have taken her that long to walk it. She is always described as "elderly" but honestly she does not behave "elderly". It would not have taken her that long to walk the dog. The search dogs indicated that her scent stopped at the highway. It is possible she got into a car with someone, someone she trusted. I don't think she would have gone with a stranger, even given her condition. To me, that would explain how she went missing so fast. Just the dog running off wouldn't do that and I think she would have gone home to my uncle for help if that were the case.
I don't consider someone aged 71 to be elderly at all- considering I'm not all THAT far from it..... I've got a few years ;) I've seen articles on WS that call a 60 or 60+ yr. old elderly, as well! She looks like she was in good physical condition.

Is it possible that after she reached the highway on her walking route, she simply turned around and backtracked to head home? That could account for her scent ending at the highway, perhaps? But if so, then what...?

I wonder if the dog could have gotten away from her ( maybe a leash, maybe not), chasing a rabbit or something, and Lyn followed to try to catch the dog?

I don't consider someone aged 71 to be elderly at all- considering I'm not all THAT far from it..... I've got a few years ;) I've seen articles on WS that call a 60 or 60+ yr. old elderly, as well! She looks like she was in good physical condition.

Is it possible that after she reached the highway on her walking route, she simply turned around and backtracked to head home? That could account for her scent ending at the highway, perhaps? But if so, then what...?

I wonder if the dog could have gotten away from her ( maybe a leash, maybe not), chasing a rabbit or something, and Lyn followed to try to catch the dog?
Honestly anything is possible. I really believe though that if she were anywhere in the vicinity of her home she would have been found (the route she started out on is literally behind her house). We do wonder if the dog got away from her, as she wasn't on a leash, I am just not sure how far my Aunt would go after her before giving up and going home. And I still think if the dog ran off it would have still been in the general search area, so if she was injured badly or had fallen somewhere, it is my belief she would have been found. But again anything is possible. There is no sign of her beer can that she had, no sign of her glasses, no blood traces, nothing. It is like she just vanished.

Honestly anything is possible. I really believe though that if she were anywhere in the vicinity of her home she would have been found (the route she started out on is literally behind her house). We do wonder if the dog got away from her, as she wasn't on a leash, I am just not sure how far my Aunt would go after her before giving up and going home. And I still think if the dog ran off it would have still been in the general search area, so if she was injured badly or had fallen somewhere, it is my belief she would have been found. But again anything is possible. There is no sign of her beer can that she had, no sign of her glasses, no blood traces, nothing. It is like she just vanished.
I do agree with you- that even if the dog had taken off and she followed it, seems she would have been found by now :(

Hi all. Thank you for keeping this thread going. I wish I had some news to share with you, but I sadly don't. Thank you again for keeping my Aunt in your thoughts. In the event anything new pops up I will post here to let all of you know too. Some things have happened but I cannot talk about them as it is not official and so far nothing has come of it, so I don't feel that it is right to post about it. The minute I know something that I can talk about, I will let all of you know too. Again, I do appreciate you all keeping this going. We are coming up on 7 months now, and it is hard to believe that we have nothing new to talk about regarding her case.

Hi all. Thank you for keeping this thread going. I wish I had some news to share with you, but I sadly don't. Thank you again for keeping my Aunt in your thoughts. In the event anything new pops up I will post here to let all of you know too. Some things have happened but I cannot talk about them as it is not official and so far nothing has come of it, so I don't feel that it is right to post about it. The minute I know something that I can talk about, I will let all of you know too. Again, I do appreciate you all keeping this going. We are coming up on 7 months now, and it is hard to believe that we have nothing new to talk about regarding her case.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back