CA CA - Lauralyn Palmer, 71, Shasta County, 20 Apr 2018

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Hanyuu

Hanyuu Well-Known Member

I think the love is still there, I just don't understand the attitude of "well, that's it" because it doesn't have to be it. Maybe it is just feeling like there is nothing left to do now for the people who could and in my opinion, should be doing more. As with any tragedy, it can fracture a family. I am not close with my cousins anymore and I can't imagine what it is like to be them right now. I only know what it is like to be me and what it is like for my mom and my other aunt. Again thank you for the support.

2. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

I hope this isn't another Roberta Snider case.

Hanyuu likes this.
  3. Hanyuu

Hanyuu Well-Known Member

I am not very familiar with that case but a quick google search sort of gave me an idea. We do not suspect her husband (my uncle). Also he was already investigated and was cleared of any suspicion.

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

A thing like this sure can fracture a family! I've seen a number of those kinds of instances right here on WS. I wish your mom and you had more support. Not knowing what happened would drive me nuts, but I realize not everyone is built that way. I believe most of us here on WS ARE built that way, and it's a reason we're here.

5. Steelslady

Thank you- I am glad to hear this. I still think of your aunt a lot. I wish there was some way we could help you search, but many of us live too far away to help. It would haunt me to have a loved one missing like that, as it is obviously haunting you and your Mom. Sending you both more thoughts and prayers.

JEMB135, Hanyuu, jash and 3 others like this.
  6. Hanyuu

Hanyuu Well-Known Member

Thank you for your thoughts. My mom just informed me that Secret Witness of Shasta County had my aunt and some other currently open cases on the news tonight. It is good they talked about her again. I also feel for the other families of the people who were featured in that segment too. May we all get some kind of closure.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be wonderful? Hopefully, LE will get some fresh tips re: your aunt's and other cases. Is Secret Witness a local TV program or news segment in Shasta Co.?

8. Steelslady

Have you tried contacting Tim Miller of Equusearch or David Marshburn and his assistant Marsha Ward? Just trying to think of where you and your Mom could get some help, and both Tim and Dave have great track records.

9. Hanyuu

Hanyuu Well-Known Member

Secret Witness is like an anonymous tip line. If there is a reward involved, sometimes people are awarded money for information submitted. It is often featured on local news programs.
    I have never heard of these people but I can pass that info along, although at this point I am not sure how much good it will do. I remember my mom passing along the info about the CUE Network to my cousins but I am not sure they ever looked into that.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thanks, Hanyuu, and I hope info passed along might see some good develop for your family.