Identified! CA - Laurel Canyon, WhtFem 358UFCA, 20-23, Nov'69 - Reet Jurvetson

The following timeline is obscure to me. The Wiki article on her murder says she met Jean while working at the Post Office in Toronto. If correct at what period was she seen at Cafe Image etc. in Montreal? How long did this Cafe Image period last and how long did the job in Toronto period last? When were they? The Wiki article says Jean I had a "slight" French accent and repeats the fact or notion that he was a med student. It is tough to get a sense of the timeline and it is crucial. Also the boyfriend shown in the TV doc discussed here.....who is that and again what time period are we talking about with him?

When Reet ran away from home when she was 16 where did she go? Toronto? Also and being deliberately obscure here is there a link between that disappearance (still in the age when girls were disappeared due to moral probity when consequences of relationships occured) and (re hypothetical paternity) the fellow who went to check on her in LA?

The Wiki article seems to be coming from the perspective of the family and friends and nothing wrong with that. It has very good references/citations. It is interesting that they for no good reason (?) tend to obscure the identity of the person who went to check on her in LA. If so why?

Also when Jean II meets G. Green in Montreal he says she left after a couple of weeks suggesting that they were till living there. So shouldn't the person who went to check on Reet in LA have talked to one or both of the Jeans? The article says the person going to check on her was told she had moved out several weeks earlier. So unless unless the Jeans had moved out as well this is likely to have been them. Because if she had moved in with the Jeans presumably she would be subletting, paying them not the landlord?

Last edited:
adding...if you google 'could a mystery hollywood neighbour aid probe...' there is a photo of a small piece of paper with a small image of a telephone and a message typed for Reet or anyone knowing to call collect to her widowed mother. The reporter gives this as evidence that her Mother was still looking for Reet. But what is this exactly? Why would her mother have it? It is a small piece of paper you would put beside the phone not a poster. Can anyone help?

adding...if you google 'could a mystery hollywood neighbour aid probe...' there is a photo of a small piece of paper with a small image of a telephone and a message typed for Reet or anyone knowing to call collect to her widowed mother. The reporter gives this as evidence that her Mother was still looking for Reet. But what is this exactly? Why would her mother have it? It is a small piece of paper you would put beside the phone not a poster. Can anyone help?
Could a mystery Hollywood neighbour aid probe into Canadian's brutal 1969 killing? | CBC News

"However, the fifth estate has discovered that in 1969, a person named M. Lindhorst lived in apartment 305, directly across the hallway from the unit where Jurvetson and Jean stayed.

It is not clear if M. Lindhorst is a man or a woman — or is even still living.

Despite the LAPD's public appeal for anyone who lived in or worked in the apartment building to step forward, no one has.

The Hollywood Executive Apartments had 64 single rooms, each with a bathroom but no kitchen. Jurvetson stayed in room 306 on a floor that had 17 other suites".

"An undated note written by Jurvetson's mother, Silvia, suggests that although she never reported her daughter missing, she did not give up looking for her.

The note, which was found among her possessions, reads: "REET JURVETSON — or who know of her whereabouts please call (collect) her widowed mother in Westmount — Canada." The note included a phone number"

Could a mystery Hollywood neighbour aid probe into Canadian's brutal 1969 killing? | CBC News

"However, the fifth estate has discovered that in 1969, a person named M. Lindhorst lived in apartment 305, directly across the hallway from the unit where Jurvetson and Jean stayed.

It is not clear if M. Lindhorst is a man or a woman — or is even still living.

Despite the LAPD's public appeal for anyone who lived in or worked in the apartment building to step forward, no one has.

The Hollywood Executive Apartments had 64 single rooms, each with a bathroom but no kitchen. Jurvetson stayed in room 306 on a floor that had 17 other suites".

"An undated note written by Jurvetson's mother, Silvia, suggests that although she never reported her daughter missing, she did not give up looking for her.

The note, which was found among her possessions, reads: "REET JURVETSON — or who know of her whereabouts please call (collect) her widowed mother in Westmount — Canada." The note included a phone number"

Thanks much Dotr

There is no doubt a simple explanation. But it is odd that it is in the possession of her mother still. And typed. I forget when her father died but it was some time later. All I can think of is that is was the text of a proposed telegram and maybe a poster was to be made from this. Why Westmount? A stranger in LA might well know of Montreal but not Westmount. Also it doesn't ask anyone to call just Reet.

Did Charles Manson Have 4 More Victims? 'There's an Answer There Somewhere,' Says LAPD Detective (with clip)

February 22, 2019

"...Manson and his followers were convicted of nine killings, many still wonder: Did the savagery end there?

Questions have persisted for decades about some suspicious area murders and whether their deaths were linked to the notorious clan. These unsolved mysteries persist almost 50 years later and two years after Manson’s death at age 83 and are explored in the latest episode of People Magazine Investigates. Titled “Who Killed Jane Doe #59?,” the episode airs Monday, Feb. 25 at 8 p.m. ET on Investigation Discovery. (An exclusive clip is shown above.)

The mystery behind the murder of 19-year-old Reet Jurvetson began soon after she arrived in L.A. from Toronto in the fall of 1969 to visit a man named John she’d met at a Montreal coffee shop. A few weeks later, her body was found in brush off Mulholland Drive. The vicious knife attack and where her body was dumped — about five miles away from Polanski’s home — fueled speculation that the Manson family was involved.

In Vincent Bugliosi’s 1974 book, Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders, the author theorized that Jurvetson — who was known as Jane Doe #59 until she was identified in 2015 — might have been murdered to keep quiet after witnessing the Nov. 5 killing of Manson follower John “Zero” Haught...."

Did Charles Manson Have 4 More Victims? 'There's an Answer There Somewhere,' Says LAPD Detective

220px-Reet_Jurvetson.jpg

(Reet Jurvetson)

I wonder how they determined that someone named M. Lindhorst lived across the hall from Jean and Reet, if the building's tenant records from that time had gone missing... Curious.

I don't mean to "dox" anyone, but a simple Whitepages search returned public results for a few different individuals named "M. Lindhorst" who at one point in time lived in the L.A. area (and who were old enough to rent back in '69).

I would imagine the police have already done due diligence / contacted the surviving individuals who bear this name (it's a slightly unique spelling; the most common variant of the name is "Lindhurst"). I'm merely sharing what I found.

Did people back then pay a whole lot of attention to their neighbors' comings and goings? Times being what they were - tune in, turn on and drop out - and considering that this was L.A. and not small town USA, as well as the fact that Reet was living there for only a few weeks / around a month at that. I don't know. I have watched documentaries that examine the hippie scene and the social climate back in '69, especially as it existed in California... seems that people came and went, and crashed wherever - very casual, nomadic, transient.

Would a pretty, tall and slender girl like Reet have attracted the attention of anyone in that building, to where they would have been able to recall her years down the line? We're talking about people who were possibly under the influence of all kinds of mind-altering substances that summer and into the fall (the infamous "Summer of Love"). Very hard to say if she'd be recognizable to the now 65+ year-old crowd who lived in the apartment building and may or may not have seen her pass by in the hall.

Also wondering if she was killed in that apartment or if not, where. We're talking about a very brutal stabbing, a possible "rage killing" where sounds of screaming would have likely been heard. It's hard to imagine, when you read how many times she'd been stabbed. What could've possibly happened to trigger the killer?

I am curious how often Aesop Aquarian AKA MARK ROSS was contacted or interviewed by police concerning Reet's disappearance. She very well could have been with Mark and Bruce Davis when John Haught aka Zero allegedly killed himself. Bruce Davis in my opinion was by far the most dangerous of the Manson members and I believe he is responsible for many murders and would actually be considered a serial killer. If Reet witnessed something "witchy" going on and anyone thought for a second she may snitch, then well, there you have it, probably a Manson family related murder. Plus the overkill with stab wounds reminds me of Tex and Atkins overkill with stabbing at the Tate Murders

I wonder how they determined that someone named M. Lindhorst lived across the hall from Jean and Reet, if the building's tenant records from that time had gone missing... Curious.

I don't mean to "dox" anyone, but a simple Whitepages search returned public results for a few different individuals named "M. Lindhorst" who at one point in time lived in the L.A. area (and who were old enough to rent back in '69).

I would imagine the police have already done due diligence / contacted the surviving individuals who bear this name (it's a slightly unique spelling; the most common variant of the name is "Lindhurst"). I'm merely sharing what I found.

Did people back then pay a whole lot of attention to their neighbors' comings and goings? Times being what they were - tune in, turn on and drop out - and considering that this was L.A. and not small town USA, as well as the fact that Reet was living there for only a few weeks / around a month at that. I don't know. I have watched documentaries that examine the hippie scene and the social climate back in '69, especially as it existed in California... seems that people came and went, and crashed wherever - very casual, nomadic, transient.

Would a pretty, tall and slender girl like Reet have attracted the attention of anyone in that building, to where they would have been able to recall her years down the line? We're talking about people who were possibly under the influence of all kinds of mind-altering substances that summer and into the fall (the infamous "Summer of Love"). Very hard to say if she'd be recognizable to the now 65+ year-old crowd who lived in the apartment building and may or may not have seen her pass by in the hall.

Also wondering if she was killed in that apartment or if not, where. We're talking about a very brutal stabbing, a possible "rage killing" where sounds of screaming would have likely been heard. It's hard to imagine, when you read how many times she'd been stabbed. What could've possibly happened to trigger the killer?

Times were way different back then. Neighbors used to know each other. Heck, I knew most everyone that lived within a few blocks of me in NJ.

Reet was a beautiful girl; no doubt that people looked when she walked by or entered a room.

Listen to the new episode of MURDER SQUAD with Paul Holes ( Detective responsible for catching Golden State Killer) and Billy Jensen, they speak with a old acid dealer who knew Manson and the family. He mentions how many celebrities were often seen on the Spahn Ranch. This is a perfect example of how Hollywood and the District Attorney put all the blame on Charlie. Most people are not aware that after the murders, actor Peter Fonda, Jack Nickolson, and Warren Beatty I believe asked the police if they could enter the Tate house to help "clean up" before Roman got home. Except the only cleaning they did was remove film footage of sex orgies and probably film of underage sex from the house.

I have followed the Manson case for 20 years. I have read every single book available on the subject. Well over 60 books. I also wrote Manson in prison back in the 2009 to 2011 period. If you read the DA's book, Vincent will only offer you endless fairy tales and lies. It is time for everyone to abandon Helter SKelter theory. It is sooo bogus. All the events occurred because of the Hinman drug deal gone wrong. The so called Family wanted to get brother out of jail....meaning Bobby.

It you don't understand prison and outlaw language, you won't understand Charlie. It is so annoying when individuals post youtube videos with titles "Charlie acting crazy" It is all taken out of context. Do you legwork like an intelligent adult and watch alll the interviews, read all the books, before commenting on cases you have little knowledge about. If all you listen to is mainstream CNN, Fox, ABC "documentaries" on Manson, you will get propaganda and a media spun narrative.

Bruce Davis and Tex Watson were far more dangerous than Charles Manson. Especially Bruce Davis. Out of all the Manson family, he is the last one that should be ever paroled. He is a serial killer. No doubt

The Tate–LaBianca murders were obviously gross murder scene. However, I have little care about the victims due to the fact that Roman Polanski and his celebrity buddies were interested in having sex with underage girls. This is a fact. I will provide any information needed. Roman Polanski just like Woody Allen and endless others (Nickelson, Beatty, Fonda) were involved in underage sex. You can defend it all you want claiming it was free love in the 60s, but the reality is, that powerul hollywood types had power and had sex with underage children

Society can call out Bill Cosby, etc....but Roman Polanski gets a free ticket. Screw that. There is a list of famous celebrities calling for Roman Polanski to be forgiving and
free. Sorry Polanski you are a legit rapist and enjoy child sex. The facts and information out there adds up. Doesn't take a genius. This is an easy case. We can't manage to put Roman in prison, but society can keep putting black and brown people in jail for minor drug crimes. America the Great Ha hahahahaha yeah right

The Tate–LaBianca murders were obviously gross murder scene. However, I have little care about the victims due to the fact that Roman Polanski and his celebrity buddies were interested in having sex with underage girls. This is a fact. I will provide any information needed. Roman Polanski just like Woody Allen and endless others (Nickelson, Beatty, Fonda) were involved in underage sex. You can defend it all you want claiming it was free love in the 60s, but the reality is, that powerul hollywood types had power and had sex with underage children
Very crazy times all sorts of nastiness happening, what i cannot understand is why Reet was murdered and why so violently?
Do you think anyone associated with the Mansons had something to do with Reet's murder, was her bf also killed, or has he been on the run all this time?
imo, speculation.

Very crazy times all sorts of nastiness happening, what i cannot understand is why Reet was murdered and why so violently?
Do you think anyone associated with the Mansons had something to do with Reet's murder, was her bf also killed, or has he been on the run all this time?
imo, speculation.

I am convinced that Reet was murdered by Tex Watson and Bruce Davis. Do you need me to offer some quoted evidence?

Most people rely on CNN and Fox documentaries on the Manson family. You will never get the truth.
Bruce Davis was 100x more wicked and evil than Manson.. Bruce is a serial killer and eventually the evidence will show he is.

I think Reet may have been at the scene of crime of Zero dying via "russiann roulette" I thought Aesop Aquarian AKA mark ross mentioned she may have been a witness. therefore killed. Catherine Gilles claimed she was hitting on zero and convinced him to play russian roulette in which he died. It is said as Gilles watched him shoot himself, Zero climaxed and had orgasm before death. Gilles died in 2018

In the recent episode of the Murder Squad, MANSON'S acid dealer speaks about many moments with the family on Spahn Ranch. Quite interesting the amount of famous celebrities who were visiting the ranch. Kirk Douglas! Warren Beatty! etc etc. Free love 60s? or celebrities getting away with pedophilia. People with money and power often get away. Example.....Jeffrey Epstein....20 plus years of rape/pedophilia. Go team USA.

...Except the only cleaning they did was remove film footage of sex orgies and probably film of underage sex from the house. I have followed the Manson case for 20 years. I have read every single book available on the subject. Well over 60 books. I also wrote Manson in prison back in the 2009 to 2011 period. If you read the DA's book, Vincent will only offer you endless fairy tales and lies. It is time for everyone to abandon Helter SKelter theory. It is sooo bogus. All the events occurred because of the Hinman drug deal gone wrong. The so called Family wanted to get brother out of jail....meaning Bobby.

...If all you listen to is mainstream CNN, Fox, ABC "documentaries" on Manson, you will get propaganda and a media spun narrative.

Mhmm. I am open to competing theories regarding what really went on with the Manson family and if other perpetrators were somehow involved. I think it's important not to overshadow the facts of this case by discussing the endless theories surrounding the Tate/LaBianca murders, as that could be its own separate thread (and many indeed abound on the interwebs). These things fascinate me as well, but please let's keep the focus on Reet, may we?

Society can call out Bill Cosby, etc....but Roman Polanski gets a free ticket. Screw that.

I don't think Polanski has gotten a "free ticket." He's reviled in the U.S. and by most people in the E.U. as a statutory rapist. The man can never set foot in the U.S. again unless he's prepared to stand trial. He is viewed as a sexual deviant by the overwhelming majority of people even if he never sees the inside of a jail cell. And at this point, he's elderly and isn't a physical threat to anyone anymore, so at least there's that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back