CA CA - Lincoln Heights, Possible SK?

Attachments

• May 2011 Suspect drawing .jpg
    May 2011 Suspect drawing .jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 21
Police release sketch of suspect in attempted Cypress Park kidnapping

http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2012/...suspect-in-attempted-cypress-park-kidnapping/

"Flores said there had been no other recent reports of similar incidents taking place in the area. Flores and Brian W. Pratt, Commanding officer of the Northeast Division Patrol Division, said there is no indication that the Cypress Park incident was connected to the deaths of two Lincoln Heights women, which had generated rumors and speculation about potential kidnappers on the loose."

-------
Just on a side note;

- Cypress Park area is about 9 minutes away from the Lincoln Heights area
- This victim was attacked well walking alone to school, Both Lozano & Guzman were "reportedly" walking alone before they went missing.
- Both the police suspect drawing for this victim and the community suspect drawing look oddly very similar (In the Eyes, brows, & Nose)

Attachments

• Cypress Park Kidnapping Suspect Drawing.jpg
    Cypress Park Kidnapping Suspect Drawing.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Eyes and Nose of Suspect.jpg
    Eyes and Nose of Suspect.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 13
  • LH Community Suspect Drawing.jpg
    LH Community Suspect Drawing.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 13
I lived in Silver Lake for a few years. This is a very interesting part of town. There are very upscale, wealthy areas, and then there are very poor, mostly Latino immigrant neighborhoods nearby. In between neighborhoods, you have foothills and many forested, wooded areas. Elysian Park (where Dodger Stadium is located) is in this area, and Griffith Park is also close by. Echo Park is also in this area. Despite the fact that the area is urban, it is also somewhat rural because of the hills.

My point to all these geographical mentions is that there are a lot of isolated areas. There are a lot of homeless people who live in and around these parks. I hope that LE are speaking with them. They may have seen something.

It doesn't sound to me like gang activity. Those crimes are usually committed with guns or via stabbing. They don't usually take the time to wrap up their victims and put them in bins and dump them. MOO

These areas are also easily reached via the 5 freeway. I wonder if this perp is coming into the area from the Valley or from OC and looking for victims? I hope that LE is looking at reports of similar crimes in those two areas.

Oh and here I thought the police said there wasn't a van of males kidnapping females off the street....

Cops: 3 Men Try to Kidnap Riverside Teen in Broad Daylight

"Two men jumped out of the van, grabbed the girl and pulled her into the van.

She fought back and was able to escape.

The suspects fled the scene, driving northbound on Phoenix Avenue toward Central Avenue.

The three suspects are all described as Hispanic males between the ages of 30 and 40. They spoke both English and Spanish."

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-riverside-teen-attempted-kidnapping,0,1614831.story

Attachments

• Riverside Suspect Drawing.jpg
    Riverside Suspect Drawing.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 16
And of course there is something familiar about the sketch. If you take into account that the hairstyle and facial hair keep changing. That and the quality of the sketch keeps getting better.

Someone has to notice that his facial hair keeps changing.

These areas are also easily reached via the 5 freeway. I wonder if this perp is coming into the area from the Valley or from OC and looking for victims? I hope that LE is looking at reports of similar crimes in those two areas.

Easy-peasy from the 5, but also from streets, and other freeways - 170, 134, 101, 2, and 10. Just south and west of this area is the downtown area, and there are a lot of ribboning freeways (and streets) through this area.

And sadly, there is a lot of SK history in the area, as well. Hillside Stranglers, Nightstalker, and many, many others.

It's an area that, as Marie-chantal said, you can go from urban to rural in two blocks; from flat streets to very steep hillsides in a moment; and the riverbed runs through the area, too, with lots of access and ability to dump a body in it (although the river doesn't run fast most of the time).

And, just north of the area, you start to get into different jurisdictions - Burbank, Glendale, and Pasadena all have their own LE, as well as some independent areas to the east.

And different jurisdictions, as we all know, bring with them their own difficulties in communication and ability to identify crime scenes as a contiguous whole.

Makes me a little itchy, you know?

Best-
Herding Cats

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-boyle-heights-attempted-kidnapping,0,3501571.story

"BOYLE HEIGHTS, Calif. (KTLA) -- Police are searching for a man who tried to kidnap a 13-year-old girl near her school in Boyle Heights.

It happened Tuesday afternoon as the girl was walking home from Hollenbeck Middle School in the 1900 block of E. 4th Street.

Police say the suspect tried several times to lure the girl into his car."

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8619373 <---- Link with picture of Suspects tattoo

"The suspect was described as a White or Hispanic man, between 35 to 45 years old, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall. He had short hair and a tattoo of possibly a dragon or snake on his left forearm. He was driving a black four-door sedan with a peace symbol on the hood. "

-------

Boyle Heights is around 8 mins from Lincoln Heights... On another note; what does it mean when the suspect's vehicle keeps changing, first report was a red pick-up truck, this report is Black four door sedan, and the has been reports of a white van, and green truck...

-------

http://www.lapdblog.org/
April 13, 2012
Attempt Kidnapping of a 13- year-old girl

"On Tuesday, April 10, 2012, around 2 p.m., a 13-year-old girl was walking home from Hollenbeck Middle School in the 1900 block of East 4th Street when she was stopped by the suspect. The suspect blocked the victim&#8217;s path and asked her, &#8220;What&#8217;s your name? Do you need a job? How old are you? You&#8217;re beautiful. I love your lips.&#8221;

The victim briefly spoke to the Suspect, and she walked away. The suspect got into his car, which was parked on the northeast corner of 4th Street and State Street. As the victim continued eastbound on 4th Street toward Boyle Avenue, the suspect drove alongside the victim and continued to ask her if she needed a ride. After a few seconds, the suspect drove past the victim and turned North onto Pecan Street.

When the victim reached Pecan Street, she saw the suspect&#8217;s car parked on the Northwest curb of Pecan Street about forty feet north of 4th street, near the 101 freeway entrance. The suspect waved cash and yelled, &#8220;Here, you want money?&#8221; to the victim as she crossed Pecan. The victim yelled back ,&#8220;Just leave me alone!&#8221; The suspect then drove up to the victim, got out of the car and grabbed the victim by the shoulders and attempted to force her into the back seat of the car. The victim fought off the suspect, and ran into a nearby market for help."

"The suspect is described as a White or Hispanic, 35 to 45 year-old male, stands about 5 feet 9 inches tall, short cut hair, pock marked face and a tattoo of possibly a dragon or snake on his left forearm. The Suspect was wearing a blue short-sleeve dress shirt, black pants and black dress shoes.

The suspect&#8217;s car is described as a black, four door sedan &#8220;with a peace symbol&#8221; on the hood, possibly a Mercedes."

Attachments

• S BH A.JPG
    S BH A.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Boyle Heights suspect tattoo.jpg
    Boyle Heights suspect tattoo.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 7
And of course there is something familiar about the sketch. If you take into account that the hairstyle and facial hair keep changing. That and the quality of the sketch keeps getting better.

Someone has to notice that his facial hair keeps changing.

-------

Feb/2012 - Lincoln Heights Community Suspect drawing
Mar/14/2012 - Cypress Park Attempted Abduction
Apr/10/2012 - Boyle Heights Attempted Abduction

I think you maybe right.

Attachments

• Suspect Drawing Comparison.jpg
    Suspect Drawing Comparison.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 32
What does multiple vehicles mean?
Witnesses were wrong?
He owns multiple vehicles?
Different suspects?
He is borrowing vehicles?
He has access to multiple vehicles, like he works at a car lot?

Attachments

• Valencia suspect .jpg
    Valencia suspect .jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 13
Your work on the opening post is amazing, Deeds. Thank you.

For the record, I'm adding this report that says the two LAPD divisions investigating the murders have compared notes, and at this point do not believe the murders are related. Of course, we know from other cases that these preliminary reports can change over time.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8526693

It seems as if now, two years later, the LAPD does believe the murders of Bree'Anna Guzman and Michelle Lozano were committed by the same person.

http://ktla.com/2014/04/08/50k-rewa...-women-found-near-l-a-freeways/#ixzz2yK5FBNPz

It did not appear the two victims knew each other, according to Capt. William Hayes of the LAPD.

Investigators, citing forensic evidence, announced that they believe the same person was responsible for both slayings.

Was the identity of the torso, found in 2005, ever identified? I don't see word of it in this thread.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back