CA CA - Lisa Smith, 17, Santa Rose, March 16th 1972

Discussion in '1970's Missing' started by Mysteries1974, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Two for the road

Two for the road Well-Known Member

Who is Linda Smith? This thread is for a women named Lisa Smith that may or may not be a missing persons case related to the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders.

2. MissLaura

MissLaura Well-Known Member

The Unresolved podcast recently did a 5 episode series on the SRHM. At the beginning of part one, he touches on Lisa Michelle Smith and the other woman who said her name was Lisa Smith:

The Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders — Unresolved

Lavender Moon and zUxY like this.
  3. Mysteries1974

Mysteries1974 Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985

I do believe the article was a hoax. Sometimes, this happens. In the case of Misty Copsey for example, she was initially suspected to be a runaway and the media falsely reported that she was found.

4. Diane Redfern

Diane Redfern Well-Known Member

I really think Lisa Smith (missing) and Lisa Michele Smith (located) are two different persons. However, they may have met the same assailant.
    Here there's a Web which includes most of the articles about the Santa Rosa hitchhikers: Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders - Santa Rosa, California
    The administrator of this Web does not believe Lisa was a victim.
    I'm not so sure... maybe all the confusion about the Missing Lisa and the Novato Hospital Lisa has prevented this case to be really solved.
    Is it possible to contact the journalist who wrote the articles? Maybe he/she remembers something.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Lavender Moon likes this.