Identified! CA - Long Beach - WhtMale 15-19 - 1392UMCA - 'Paid' stamp on hand- Jun'78 - Kenneth Nevada Williams

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
I just think that the LE and Othram deserve a lot of credit for working so hard on a case even after 44 years. Maybe drum up some financial support for the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think that the LE and Othram deserve a lot of credit for working so hard on a case even after 44 years. Maybe drum up some financial support for the program.
We are grateful for the support we get from Websleuths folks and our advocates at DNASolves.com!

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

It would indeed have been nice to hear more from the family. But I think that many folks can read between the lines and sense how amazed and touched the family is even when the news is so very sad.

Does anyone know why Randy Kraft was eliminated as a suspect in Kenneth's murder? Kraft lived in the Belmont Shore neighborhood of Long Beach, where this young man was found. Numerous Kraft victims were killed and/or dumped in the Long Beach area, as you all know. What evidence could law enforcement possibly have that would eliminate Kraft as a suspect?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Randy Kraft was eliminated as a suspect in Kenneth's murder? Kraft lived in the Belmont Shore neighborhood of Long Beach, where this young man was found. Numerous Kraft victims were killed and/or dumped in the Long Beach area, as you all know. What evidence could law enforcement possibly have that would eliminate Kraft as a suspect?
I am curious too. Doesn't seem like something they would want to share with anyone. Might hinder their investigation. To your last question, I can think of a couple of things. Could be they have some physical evidence like partial prints or dna of the killer that they know doesn't match Kraft. Another possibility is they know where Kraft was at the time and know it couldn't have been him. These agencies have been working on this case (off and on) for 4 decades. I am sure it is more than just not fully matching his MO

Excited to share that we were able to assist Long Beach Police Department and the FBI in identifying 15-year old Kenneth Nevada Williams, formerly known as Long Beach John Doe.
After 44 Years, Long Beach John Doe is Identified
Badly degraded and chemically damaged skeletal evidence was sent to Othram's lab in The Woodlands, Texas. This skeletal evidence had failed prior attempts, but Othram was able to develop a suitable DNA extract for testing. Othram then used Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing® to build a comprehensive DNA profile from the skeletal remains and this DNA profile was returned to FBI investigators that then used the profile in a genealogical search.

Amazing job @othram! Who could ever dreamed back then that this would ever be possible. Even degraded and the smallest amount of DNA can be used to give people their name back. A great achievement. I'm so happy and grateful this young man is identified. Here is hope that the perp, who cut his life short, can be apprehended.

Rest easy now Kenneth Nevada Williams. Condolences to his loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back