CA CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem UP4194, 19-35, abandoned pool @ apartment, Sep'85

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 4194

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4194

Unidentified White Female

Found September 1, 1985 in
Los Angeles County, CA
Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: 1985 to 1985

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 19-35
Approximate Height: 60 estimate
Approximate Weight: 41 estimate
Hair Color:
Unknown

Eye Color: Unknown

Scars and marks:
nothing
Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
nothinh

Jewerly: nothing

Footwear:
nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints:
Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA:
Sample is currently not available

Case History:
On 9/1/1985 the decedent was found beneath an apartment building in an abandoned swimming pool.

Was the apartment abandoned as well? Or was an apartment building built on top of an abandoned swimming pool? Even if the swimming pool wasn't being used, who doesn't go exploring in their apartment building? I'm confused.

NamUs states the decedent was found in an abandoned swimming pool under an apartment building. It's kind of confusing.

From Namus:
On 9/1/1985 the decedent was found beneath an apartment building in an abandoned swimming pool.

Beneath a building. Like. They just built over it? Or was it easily accessible? So many questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The specific location within LA County is not specified, but considering the timeframe and that it was Los Angeles County, I'm guessing that it might have been along the corridor heading straight east of the Los Angeles Airport (LAX) that was condemned to create the 105 freeway. Vast neighborhoods running from LAX to Norwalk were condemned to allow for construction of the freeway, and there were a lot of empty apartment buildings and empty swimming pools along that corridor in the mid-1980's.

Being a skateboarder in those days, I know that all the empty swimming pools in vacant residences were a skateboarder's heaven.

I was in Tarzana for a summer in 1980 and this was the first thing that came to mind when I read empty pool. I remember skateboarding in empty pools there .

The police for first will probably have questioned the former owner of the apartment, without finding anything, at least I hope, if at time not is deceased.

She only weighed 41 lbs?! Hoping it's a typo and they mean 141...

it was skeletal. so maybe that was the weight of what was left.

Hm it says “estimate” (implying it’s an estimate of what the live person weighed?) and I thought when there are only skeletal remains, they usually don’t provide a weight, since it’s not really possible to determine from just bones. [emoji848]

Hi all,

A few quick long shots, let me know what you think.

Marie Sagasta
Missing since April 8, 1985 from Los Angeles County, California
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: May 29, 1947
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 38 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 145 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; blue eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: Surgery scar on abdomen from navel to chest
  • Dentals: Available.
  • DNA: Available.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Marie was last seen on April 8, 1985 in Los Angeles County. She had planned on taking a bus to Ontario, Oregon but never arrived at her destination.
LINK : http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2885dfca.html

• Fits the period
  • A little over height estimate
  • Right County

Name: Linne Marie Dominelli
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: January 22, 1984
Location Last Seen: Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California
Physical Description
Date of Birth: September 4, 1950
Race: White
Height: 5'1"-5'2"
Weight: 105-115 lbs
Hair Color: Blonde/Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Lynne Dominelli
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Long hair with Blonde hightlights
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: 6.5 shoe size
Circumstances of Disappearance
Dominelli was last seen in Long Beach, CA on January 22, 1984. She borrowed her ex-boyfriend's van to travel to the Monterey Bay area. The van was found in a remote area of Paso Robles. Van was found with single key in ignition, unlocked, ransacked, and license plates removed. Foul play is suspected.

LINK: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1146dfca.html

• Fits the period
  • A little over height estimate
  • Right County

41 pounds seems like an oddly specific number for a human’s weight. According to several sources, an average adult skeleton makes up approximately 15% of the person’s total body weight. So if 41 lbs. was the weight of the bones, the person would have been somewhere around 300 lbs. These were “partial skeletal parts only”, but that number still doesn’t quite make sense to me. Could be a typo...I’m just a little curious now.

I'm half tempted to reach out to the County of Los Angeles Department of Medical Examiner but LA is notoriously unresponsive, and we're also still mid-pandemic.

Any chance now? :D
I am bumping this sad case up.
I find myself wondering -
Is the Probable year of death really 1985 if she was found as partial skeletal in 1985?
Do they have DNA? I assume not if no Rule-outs, though :(
No clothing or any other clues?
Based on the location do they suspect she went there on her own or was put there?
Is this case closed or might they ever make an attempt to ID her?

ETA: And sorry to ask but does anyone have a thought where might the rest of her have gone, since she wasn't out in nature / where there might be natural forces or animal activity?
One reason I wonder about probable year of death. Could it be something unusual like medical specimen / artifact someone stashed there? I can't figure what kind of case this sounds like from what's in NamUs.

Last edited:
there was another found in what i thought was an abandoned swimming pool at an apt and i added a link about when the 105 was built. i thought that was this UID but maybe in wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back