CA CA - Los Angeles - HispFem 15-27 - UP4218 - In Dumpster - Aug84

Onfortuneswheel

Reaction score
NamUs UP 4218 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4218

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered in a trash dumpster behind a local market on the morning of August 27, 1984, in Los Angeles, CA

1555 S. Garey St.
Pomona, CA 91766

Body Condition
Probable Year of Death: 1984

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 27 Years
Approximate Height: 62 inches (5 feet 2 inches)

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available
Scars and Marks: Mole on upper lip; mole on left cheek

My thinking is that this could possibly be Sally Anne Schneider.

Strengths
Age: 26 at date last seen, 27 at the time the Jane Doe was found (Exact Match for UID)

Height: 64in (2in taller than UID)

Weight: 130lbs (8lbs lighter than UID)

Eye Color: Hazel (UID had brown eyes, hazel could be mistaken as brown)

Hair Color: Brown (UID listed as having black hair, Schneider’s picture shows very dark brown hair, could possibly be mistaken for black)

Clothing: Last seen wearing purple blouse (UID found wearing purple blouse)

Facial Features: From the picture, it appears Schneider has a mole at the corner of her lip and another one on her cheek bone (UID is noted as having a mole on her upper lip and left cheek)
attachment.php

Weaknesses

Place Last Seen: San Anselmo, CA (420 miles)

Attachments

• 1984 CA SchneiderSallyAnne.jpeg
    1984 CA SchneiderSallyAnne.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 136
Adding Sally Anne Schneider's links

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/745dfca.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schneider_sally.html

FB post by her sister reveals a bit more about Sally's last whereabouts than it was known, also it appears that her case is being currently reviewed and DNA was taken just last month

"8 August at 23:12 ·
Saying her name:Sally Anne Schneider.

Tho I prefer to think she is alive, my sister. Let me tell you her story. In Feb 1984, she went to a party in San Anselmo. Driving home, she was arrested for drunk driving & her car was impounded. She was released from Marin jail at 6AM, though the impound place didn't open until 9AM. This is the last we know of her. Yes, she disappeared.

A day later....her wallet was slipped thru the mail slot of her apt. Today, it occurs to me it could have been a Good Samaritan. Then, it felt creepy & stalkerish.

Today I had my cheek swab bed for DNA. (I don't think the detective had been born in 1984). Today we are aware of missing persons.Today police departments are connected to each other. Calls for info are in the news. We have social media. Hell, we have cell phones.Not so much in 1984.

I prefer to think my sister took off. It makes me happier. My parents, before their deaths, thought she had died. There had been no family argument. I can't imagine what it would feel like for one's child to choose to not ever communicate (w/no good reason that is).

Saying her name - Sally Anne Schneider. My sister. Blessings on her, where ever she is."

https://www.facebook.com/helen.hawk.9/posts/1181066055268063

Investigator Machian got back to me:

A fingerprint comparison was done between the decedent and MP Sally Schneider and this was a Negative match. The decedent is not MP Sally Schneider.

Hopefully, her family will get answers once the DNA sample is processed.

NamUs UP 4218 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4218

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered in a trash dumpster behind a local market on the morning of August 27, 1984, in Los Angeles, CA

1555 S. Garey St.
Pomona, CA 91766

Body Condition
Probable Year of Death: 1984

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 27 Years
Approximate Height: 62 inches (5 feet 2 inches)

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available
Scars and Marks: Mole on upper lip; mole on left cheek

This feels like a possible match to me:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32826/1 Graciela Maldonado - missing from Sacramento but known to travel around. Family lost contact with her in 1982 but they say that the date may be inaccurate so I;m not too worried about the time lapse.
Height: Jane Doe 62 - Graciela 63
Weight: Jane Doe 138 - Graciela 130
Hair: Jane Doe and Graciela both black
Eyes: Jane Doe and Graciela both brown

But... no DNA available for Jane Doe (prints and dentals are), DNA is available for Graciela but no prints or dentals. So is this even worth submitting? I guess it would be up to LE to seek out the family of Graciela and check some more details with them. Anyone submitted a match with these kind of circumstances? I don't want to waste anyone's time.

That's a very recognisable picture, I know it would be heartbreaking to see, I think a family member would be able to recognise her.
Poor girl, it's been far too long. I hope we can reunite you with your loved ones.

Her NamUs was modified recently. Still no exclusions though.

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years): 15-27
Estimated Height: 5' 0"-5' 4"(60-64 inches)
Measured Weight: 138 lbs
Hair Color: Black; Thick, curly, short.
Eye Color: Brown

Scar/mark: Mole on right upper lip, Mole on left cheek, 1.5" horizontal scar to mid-forehead, 1" scar to chin, 1" longitudinal scar to back of right wrist, 4" scar to anterior left upper leg, Multiple small scars to both knees and lower legs.

Clothing: Blue Jean Pants with button fly - "Levis", Purple Blouse with "Las Vegas" on left chest, White Tennis Shoes with Velcro - "Nike", Black and White Bikini Underwear.

When we have only PMs we want a reconstruction. When we have only a reconstruction we want PMs. :p

She visually reminds me of Miriam A. Cavallo (MP20726), missing out of Los Angeles in November of 1983.

1679695088124.png1679695075224.png1679695126642.png

Miriam is Hispanic/Caucasian and disappeared at age 19. She's listed as taller then our Doe though (5'6" vs 5'2")

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back