CA CA - Los Angeles, WhtFem UP8269, 60-70, at recycling center, Sep'10

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/palazzo_tiamanja.html

Imo, Tiamanja Palazzo resembles the UID. The height and weight are inline with the UID as well, however Santa Rosa is a long ways from LA. Also, if the UID had dental work 2 weeks prior to her death, Tiamanja went missing July 1 a little more than 2 weeks prior to the UID being found.

Tiamanja is listed at 5'6" and 110, the UID at 98 and 5'5" so not too far off.

Carl, I can (almost) never get pics over, can you do a side by side of Tiamanja and this UID? tia!

Imo, Tiamanja Palazzo resembles the UID. The height and weight are inline with the UID as well, however San Jose is a long ways from LA.

Carl, I can (almost) never get pics over, can you do a side by side of Tiamanja and this UID? tia!

palazzo_tiamanja.jpg
2845449260045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

While it may be a long shot due to location/distance between Santa Rosa and LA, I went ahead and submitted Tiamanja as a possible match.

I found this comment very interesting: "A forensic anthropologist has been able to determine the woman was white, which could also mean she was of Latino or Native American origin, and she was between 50 and 70 years old, police said."

I always assumed that if they said somebody was white, that excluded Hispanics. But this sounds like not.

Imo, Tiamanja Palazzo resembles the UID. The height and weight are inline with the UID as well, however Santa Rosa is a long ways from LA. Also, if the UID had dental work 2 weeks prior to her death, Tiamanja went missing July 1 a little more than 2 weeks prior to the UID being found.

Tiamanja is listed at 5'6" and 110, the UID at 98 and 5'5" so not too far off.

Wow - AMAZING. I can't get over how close the resemblance is, especially in the eyes. Something about this UID's eyes and Tiamanja's, even though the UID is a sketch...Cubbym have you called this match in?

This case makes me so sad and hits a personal note. I'm willing to bet she was homeless or mentally ill, possibly died on the street and was disposed of by other homeless. What makes me sad about this is that my sister lives in LA and struggles with mental health issues, does not have health insurance, will not accept help, would rather live in her car or at a shelter than move back home with my parents. We fear so much that she will just one day drop off the grid like this. It would be ironic, considering how much time I spend trying to make matches to other families' missing loved ones. :-(

This woman has family, and parents. We have to find out who she is.

I have submitted the possible match both via email and vm. I will try him again next week just to confirm receipt.... One of the things LE believes is she was not without means for any length of time due to the high quality dental work and the estimated time of that crown/dental work as being two weeks prior to death. I'm unsure how they would determine the work being only two weeks -- but it is interesting non the less. (Carl, any insight on this two week estimate? tia)

I'm sorry to hear about your sister future criminologist. I've known some to suffer from mental illness and it is so hard sometimes to get someone to see they need treatment... I will keep your sister in my prayers along with this UID that we can help assist her way back home.

If folks haven't read the info posted at the FB page for this UID it is definately worth the read. The detective handling this case is doing a great job imo and I would love to help him as much as we can.

I saw and liked these too. I particularly like Sharon to fit in closer to the dental timeline.... Please submit these FC if you have not already done so. (is it ok for me to abbv your user name as FC? )

I'm unsure how they would determine the work being only two weeks -- but it is interesting non the less. (Carl, any insight on this two week estimate? tia)

The existing tooth needs to be ground down to make a tight seat for the crown, and the gums get nicked up in the process. I would guess that there was some swelling and contusions of the gums surrounding the new crown.

Or perhaps there was some plaque on most of her teeth and an absence of plaque buildup on the crown.

The existing tooth needs to be ground down to make a tight seat for the crown, and the gums get nicked up in the process. I would guess that there was some swelling and contusions of the gums surrounding the new crown.

Or perhaps there was some plaque on most of her teeth and an absence of plaque buildup on the crown.

The surface of the cap also gets scratched and buffed as you chew on it, so if it's new and shiny, they know it hasn't been in long.

I heard back from the detective today confirming he has received the tip on the possible match - and will be looking into Tiamanja as a match for this UID. He didn't indicate whether he'd follow up if she is ruled out, but I will check back with him and ask he let us know if Tiamanja is officially ruled out.

hth

Agreed - I have a had a lot of dental work myself in the past year, and it can take a few weeks for all the stitches to heal and fall out, and for the gumline swelling to go down, etc.

I'm wondering if LAPD has distributed her photo to local dentists? (I know LA is a big place but there has to be some centralized site where they could submit it and ask dentists to take notice)

Agreed - I have a had a lot of dental work myself in the past year, and it can take a few weeks for all the stitches to heal and fall out, and for the gumline swelling to go down, etc.

I'm wondering if LAPD has distributed her photo to local dentists? (I know LA is a big place but there has to be some centralized site where they could submit it and ask dentists to take notice)

I hope LE has not only distributed her photo to local dentists but that have also utilized and state and national dental publications.

I saw and liked these too. I particularly like Sharon to fit in closer to the dental timeline.... Please submit these FC if you have not already done so. (is it ok for me to abbv your user name as FC? )

yes. I've never "submitted" a match before. What do you usually say when you call? I don't want them to think I'm some random/crazy tipster.

yes. I've never "submitted" a match before. What do you usually say when you call? I don't want them to think I'm some random/crazy tipster.

I usually just introduce myself, and say something like "I am calling in regards to your unidentified decedent case - a [male/female] found on [date] in [location]. I've been looking at [missing person name], and it looks to me like there are enough similarities that [he/she] might be worth looking into."

Then cite a few reasons why you think your MP is a good match (e.g., height, age, timeline, etc.)

Also, be sure to have all of your supporting info in front of you (e.g., Charley or DoeNet pages, case numbers, dates, etc.).

I put all of the relevant info and links on an Excel Spreadsheet before I call. You don't want to be scrambling for info if they ask you a question. Frequently, they ask if you know what identifiers are available for the MP, so it is a good idea to research that info prior to calling (DoeNet often has that info in their MP casefiles, but Charley does not).

Often they'll ask "what agency are you with". I usually reply that I am a "Private Citizen Volunteer Researcher"

I do what Carl posted above but I generally send an email to both agencies MP and ME if an email address is available online. I then follow up with a call to ensure they received the email. In the case of this UID the detectives email is listed on the info section of the FB page set up, so I sent to him but not the ME in this case - as I figured if he spent the time on the FB page he clearly wants tips and would work with the ME.

hth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back