CA CA - Los Angeles, WhtFem UP8269, 60-70, at recycling center, Sep'10

the resemblance between Tiamanja and the UID is pretty good. Tia is not in Namus so I never found her.

I googled Tiamanja Palazzo and came up with only four hits - Charley Project and websleuths and two people finder websites. I was trying to find out what I could about Tiamanja the person.

quite amazing in this day and age that someone could literally be so far under the radar screen.

Tiamanja is in the CA -DOJ site linked through Charley Project. I did not look at that first, but did later to notice she had a tattoo of a mermaid on her right leg. I sent a second email to the detective who started the FB group. (see, there I go not researching more first... ) with the tat info.

It may be that she was not recognizable but a tat may or may not have been..
While Charley doesn't list many identifiers sources are listed, so it is good to follow that avenue.

Personally, I still think Tiamanja may be too young based on the ME/Coroners info on NamUs. A 40 year age range is enormous... so time will tell.

Whatever the case I pray this UID is named and the case solved.

Tiamanja is in the CA -DOJ site linked through Charley Project. I did not look at that first, but did later to notice she had a tattoo of a mermaid on her right leg. I sent a second email to the detective who started the FB group. (see, there I go not researching more first... ) with the tat info.

It may be that she was not recognizable but a tat may or may not have been..
While Charley doesn't list many identifiers sources are listed, so it is good to follow that avenue.

Personally, I still think Tiamanja may be too young based on the ME/Coroners info on NamUs. A 40 year age range is enormous... so time will tell.

Whatever the case I pray this UID is named and the case solved.

after you posted this Cubby I went back to the Namus page for the UID. here it is again for easy reference:

https://identifyus.org/cases/8269

under fingerprints, it says "Negative with CA DOJ, FBI, DHS-BSC west", which implies to me that they were able to get prints and they were not in any LE database. by deduction, if the skin was in good enough shape to lift prints, a tattoo would probably show up, so in my opinion, the UID is probably not Tiamanja.

after you posted this Cubby I went back to the Namus page for the UID. here it is again for easy reference:

under fingerprints, it says "Negative with CA DOJ, FBI, DHS-BSC west", which implies to me that they were able to get prints and they were not in any LE database. by deduction, if the skin was in good enough shape to lift prints, a tattoo would probably show up, so in my opinion, the UID is probably not Tiamanja.

I guess that would partly depend on how badly her body was burned and in what location.

I guess that would partly depend on how badly her body was burned and in what location.

Carbuff she was not burned that we know of. She was picked up enroute in a recycling bin and found at the recycling station according to the detective who set up the FB page. At least that is my understanding....

webrocket, I agree - if they were able to pick up prints - her body would likely still show evidence of a tattoo so it should be an easy rule in or out? Knowing the UID's NamUs page was not updated to show the most recent sketch and ring - who knows about a tat. I would think the detective would know and may have held that info back- unlikely, but possible.

Whatever the case this lady needs her name back and she needs to be brought home.

jmo

Carbuff she was not burned that we know of. She was picked up enroute in a recycling bin and found at the recycling station according to the detective who set up the FB page. At least that is my understanding....

webrocket, I agree - if they were able to pick up prints - her body would likely still show evidence of a tattoo so it should be an easy rule in or out? Knowing the UID's NamUs page was not updated to show the most recent sketch and ring - who knows about a tat. I would think the detective would know and may have held that info back- unlikely, but possible.

Whatever the case this lady needs her name back and she needs to be brought home.

jmo

You are right. My bad. I was just looking at the tall CA teen who was burned, and mentally crossed up the two cases.

The existing tooth needs to be ground down to make a tight seat for the crown, and the gums get nicked up in the process. I would guess that there was some swelling and contusions of the gums surrounding the new crown.

Or perhaps there was some plaque on most of her teeth and an absence of plaque buildup on the crown.

I wonder if there were any of those free traveling dental clinics in the area, during that time.

Just a thought.

I wonder if there were any of those free traveling dental clinics in the area, during that time.

Just a thought.

The dental work was described as expensive. Based on that, I would doubt it was the product of a free traveling dental clinic.

I wonder if she was tested for any possible drugs or alcohol in her system? Was that released?

I wonder if she was tested for any possible drugs or alcohol in her system? Was that released?

There was nothing mentioned about any drugs or alcohol in her system.

She was found the friday after the labor day holiday, so I've been searching using labor day - but not finding anything which might assist with this womans id.

The dental work was described as expensive. Based on that, I would doubt it was the product of a free traveling dental clinic.

Probably not, though reduced price care from a dental school clinic might fit. But is there any reason beyond the local people's comments to the news article to believe she was homeless or impoverished?

Probably not, though reduced price care from a dental school clinic might fit. But is there any reason beyond the local people's comments to the news article to believe she was homeless or impoverished?

According to the FB page put out by LE - LE believes she was not without means for any extended period of time.

this missing person, Sharon Lynn Burns popped up on Namus in the past couple of days. the demographics match or are close. only downside is that Sharon was noted to have a transient lifestyle that might preclude her getting good dental care.

I emailed the LA Coroner's office with the information and they acknowledged receipt.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11605/5/

This lady popped up on Charley today and I thought of this Jane Doe right away. Thoughts?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barrett_nancy.html

the weight is off by about 50 lbs so it's not likely that she lost that kind of weight in a couple of months.

just as a head's up Snuf, there is a $50k reward so if you find a decent match I'd submit it before publicly mentioning it. why let some internet lurker snatch that kind of reward $$$$ from your efforts?

very strange. unless my FB has gone haywire, I no longer see the FB for this UID, which was called "The Body Recycler". it was there just about a week ago.

I'm no longer finding the FB page either. Maybe that means the person has been id'd?

Wonder if the NamUs link is still working.

I'm no longer finding the FB page either. Maybe that means the person has been id'd?

Wonder if the NamUs link is still working.

it is Cubby. I sent an email to the official who responded to my inquiry on the 12th asking if she has been identified.

The NamUs link is still there with only three exclusions.

Exclusions

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First NameLast NameYear Of BirthState LKAClaraRogers1936AlabamaSusan Ryan1952OhioSandra Travis1946Kentucky

I was wondering the same thing about the facebook page, I hope it means she's been ID'd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back