CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

Another really good article- behind a paywall -- I subscribe to the LA Times and since this horror occurred there, they have lots of info at this site.

The article describes that her coworkers are shocked at what happened: that she acted in a kind and professional manner in her job as a nurse. Her family refused to comment.
From a description from her co-workers and friends, they did not see signs of any mental illness.
can you share the highlights but with respect to the copyright limitations?

If her TX drivers license was valid, regardless of what state it came from she can drive in any state in the US with it. I have not ever heard of a license only being restricted to one state. Not even sure how one would enforce such a law. I mean maybe if she had some sort of substance abuse/medication her insurance could only make her covered in TX to drive but not in another state. I'm not an insurance expert but I do know they have some standards that have to be met to cover persons with certain infractions/violations.
I think DMVs are linked interstate now. It's how they prohibit for example, a deadbeat parent from getting a license in another state, when their license has been revoked for non payment of child support.

You have a point that it could be something else like an antenna since it remains in the same position. But, we're only seeing it over a one or two second span so it's hard to tell.

I looked at the video link at 2:27 and I'm not seeing an antenna. (Is it when the person recording quickly moves the phone to the right & there's a brief glance at something that could be an antenna on the back of the car? Not sure it is but that's the only antenna-like thing I see.) If you look in that same video at 2:54, there's another angle (somewhat blocked) and I don't see an antenna there either (but it could be hidden by other things). The stills I originally posted seem to show it on the driver side, near the driver's door from what I can tell.

So, I have no idea. I will be curious to learn more when LE or prosecutors release more info. I wonder if there are other photos or videos that give clearer views of the car?

MOO.

ETA: Zooming in on this photo, I don't see anything like an antenna. (But it's hard to see with the greenery behind the car.)

View attachment 359110

Photo from this article:

Websleuthers, what do you think?
Her car appears to be a 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 4Matic Coupe. From the moment it enters the frame, until it reaches it final resting place - the 2 windows are down, sunroof is closed. Initially, I thought it was her arm with something in her hand, although it didn't look like a cell phone. However, it never really changes position and at those speeds, I have a hard time believing she would be able to keep her arm completely still. Furthermore, it appears to be too far back to be the arm of the driver. I don't think it is an antenna because it doesn't appear in any of the photos after the crash. So, I wonder, hypothetically - could it be a broom or mop handle? I know that sounds crazy, but the back seat shoulder space is 50.28 inches and the length of a regular mop is 55'. So, she would not have been able to lay it flat across her backseat. Nor could she have laid it long from the front to the rear. However, she could've stuck the handle out of her window and it would've been fine - especially if she had it propped or secured somehow so that it didn't move. Seems crazy at that speed, but we don't know how long she maintained that speed. Idk. Just a thought. I have not found a photo from the scene of any kind of item that matches what could be hanging out of the window, but it is very likely that it burned up or got lost in the wreckage with the other cars.

Attachments

• Nicole Linton Car.JPG
    Nicole Linton Car.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Nicole Linton 1A.JPG
    Nicole Linton 1A.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Nicole Linton 2.JPG
    Nicole Linton 2.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Nicole Linton 3.JPG
    Nicole Linton 3.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 36
Her car appears to be a 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 4Matic Coupe. From the moment it enters the frame, until it reaches it final resting place - the 2 windows are down, sunroof is closed. Initially, I thought it was her arm with something in her hand, although it didn't look like a cell phone. However, it never really changes position and at those speeds, I have a hard time believing she would be able to keep her arm completely still. Furthermore, it appears to be too far back to be the arm of the driver. I don't think it is an antenna because it doesn't appear in any of the photos after the crash. So, I wonder, hypothetically - could it be a broom or mop handle? I know that sounds crazy, but the back seat shoulder space is 50.28 inches and the length of a regular mop is 55'. So, she would not have been able to lay it flat across her backseat. Nor could she have laid it long from the front to the rear. However, she could've stuck the handle out of her window and it would've been fine - especially if she had it propped or secured somehow so that it didn't move. Seems crazy at that speed, but we don't know how long she maintained that speed. Idk. Just a thought. I have not found a photo from the scene of any kind of item that matches what could be hanging out of the window, but it is very likely that it burned up or got lost in the wreckage with the other cars.
i thought it was a selfie stick myself.

Depends. If she likes ICU work and no one would hire her as a DNP in the ICU, then yes, she can still be a nurse in the ICU. Also, we don't know if she working in the capacity of an NP or an RN in the ICU. As an NP, she'd be using her DNP. I don't want to hijack this thread or say anything inflammatory so I'll preface by saying this is not my opinion, but there are some hospitals/groups that will not hire an NP for critical care work because the training is so varied and some are deemed not to be competent. Ive worked with FABULOUS NPs (and nurses) in my time, so I can't comment on that, but that stigma does exist in a lot of circles. Many blame the newer NP schools for this stigma so I'd be curious where she got her DNP.
I’d like to clarify that the DNP is a clinical doctorate degree, not the licensure that one achieves to become a nurse practitioner. There are many DNPs who have specialty areas that don’t include additional licensing beyond the Registered Nurse license and are not NPs. Being a clinical doctorate, the DNP degree is tailored to those who want to be leaders in a clinical atmosphere, unlike the PhD in nursing that is often sought by those who want to spend their career doing research and teaching. This is very broadly speaking and there are always exceptions.

If she is a nurse practitioner, it seems we could find her license. Has anyone verified NP licensure?

I’ll add that this post is my opinion based on my education as a nurse with a doctorate who works primarily in academia.

Regardless of medication or lack of, mental health, etc. let's see if there will be true remorse and taking responsibility for one's actions. It's rare in these kinds of court cases, but when it actually happens, it says a lot about a person. And when it doesn't, well...
The decision this woman made that day couldn't have turned out any worse or less nightmarish. Will she face it? Will her family? IMO.
You’re so right. A truly remorseful person would take responsibility and plead guilty to spare the families of the victims (and her own family) the nightmare of a trial. We’ll have to wait to see if she goes that route.

The “profound mental illness” could be the lawyer‘s approach in thinking about a future trial. However, there are mentally ill people driving on roads all over the world who don’t decide to drive into traffic at 90 plus mph. Barring some kind of psychotic break or mechanical issue with the car, she’s just a selfish woman. The fact that she’s a nurse makes that much harder to understand.

Just horrific.

That’s extremely surprising to me if you’re in the US and have a luxury vehicle that you have an old school long antenna on the front or rear of your car. Your experiences overall seem to differ from others so maybe things are wildly different where you live. I drive a regular ole Mazda and I have a shark fin.\\
I had a 2017 Mercedes E class with a shark fin antenna. There was no option for any other type of antenna, that I can recall. Her car definitely looks newer than 2017. Most likely 2020 or later given the slope of the back windshield.

12ft | Behind Nicole Linton's murder charges in Windsor Hills crash - Los Angeles Times

Among the dead are 23-year-old Asherey Ryan; her 11-month-old child, Alonzo Quintero; her boyfriend, Reynold Lester; and their unborn child. Ryan was 8½ months pregnant when she was killed. The boy she was carrying had been named Armani Lester, according to the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.

Two additional women killed in the crash have yet to be identified by authorities, but loved ones said they were Nathesia Lewis, 42, and Lynette Noble, 38.

“She has to pay for what she did,” said Clarence “Moezart” Hamlin, Lewis’ boyfriend. “She can’t get away with this.”

If [Nicole] was psychologically unwell, she hid it, her friends said.

Linton graduated with a degree in marketing from Howard University in Washington, D.C., in 2007, only pivoting toward a career in nursing after, according to her friend from college. She worked as a technician during nursing school, then as an intensive care unit nurse. She eventually became a travel nurse, working for contracting giant AMN Healthcare starting in 2020.

She was “very inviting, bubbly. An extremely hard-worker” with a bright smile, said her friend, who lived in the same dormitory as Linton at Howard.

Five years after graduating from Howard, Linton moved to Laredo, Texas, where she worked as an operating room technician at Laredo Medical Center while traveling back and forth to Houston to get her bachelor’s degree in nursing, a former co-worker said.

“She was a highly motivated person, I would say, considering she had a different undergrad and became an operating room technician — totally changing fields,” said Arnulfo Salazar, who worked with and socialized with Linton in Laredo.

Salazar said that for part of her time in town, Linton did not own a car. He said they went to parties together, often barbecues in friends’ backyards, and while he did not notice any psychological issues, Salazar said that Linton could get gloomy.

“She was by herself here, so she would be a little down about being alone,” he said.

Then Linton moved full time to Houston, where she studied anesthesia at a graduate level at the University of Texas Health Science Center.

In Houston, she met Hurley, who recalled her as a hard-working and pleasant surgical technician at West Houston Hospital who had many friends. Linton then went on to nursing school and began work as an ICU nurse, Hurley said.

“She was kind and considerate of her patients and loved her job. She was an achiever,” Hurley said.

But as her career progressed, Linton began to accumulate car crashes, prosecutors say. In 2013, she failed to accelerate at a green light in Laredo and was rear-ended, according to Texas Department of Transportation data. In 2016, the same thing happened in Houston. She was not at fault in either of those crashes.

But the results of the Aug. 4 crash were far different.

“I don’t know anything that could have put her in the space,” Linton’s college friend said of events leading to the fatal Windsor Hills crash.

“My heart breaks,” Hurley said.

But also broken are the families of those who lost their lives. Ryan’s younger sister, Cotie Davis, 20, remembered how she used to do Ryan’s hair and how they both were studying for college degrees in criminal justice.

“I cannot imagine not having her at my graduation,” Davis said before bursting into tears.

Curious if she went from 0 to 100 from a stoplight at the top of the hill? Was she weaving in and out between cars in front of her or was she at the front position already? There has to be more cctv footage, red light cameras, dashcams from neighboring cars. Someone along her same route had to have witnessed her in the minutes before the crash. I keep checking back for updates and/or witness statements and I’m surprised there’s not more information considering how busy it was at that intersection. This case is devastating!

I can't even imagine the amount of self-centeredness that would have to go into driving that fast with no care for anyone's safety. I don't feel any sympathy for this person.
Every time I watch that video I am just amazed and stunned at the speed at which she approaches that intersection. My mind just can't process doing something like that.

Every time I watch that video I am just amazed and stunned at the speed at which she approaches that intersection. My mind just can't process doing something like that.
Honestly.
Quite bothersome that her friends stated things like, "When I heard it was her, I'd wondered if she was going through a breakup and drinking again". Jeesh. Talk about a pattern of behavior.

Texas nurse facing murder charges for fiery Los Angeles crash was reportedly volatile after breakups | Fox News
1660344229340.png
The traveling nurse who is facing murder charges for allegedly plowing through a Los Angeles intersection at 90 mph last week reportedly had a history of acting erratically and threatening suicide after breakups.

Linton reportedly worked at strip clubs in New York City before becoming a nurse, with a friend describing her as volatile after breakups.

Linton was previously romantically involved with Germaine Mason, an Olympic medal-winning track and field athlete from Jamaica who died in a motorcycle crash in 2017, the Daily Mail reports.

"Nicole was different after that. She really loved that guy. She said they’d spoken about marriage. I don’t think she’s ever got over that," a friend told the news outlet.

Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón said Monday that investigators are still looking into the crash, but as of now, there was no evidence of drugs or alcohol in Linton's system.

"When I saw what had happened in LA, the first thing that went through my mind was that she had argued with her boyfriend and was drunk and trying to commit suicide," a source close to Linton told the Daily Mail.

Linton reportedly worked as a traveling nurse in Texas for years but had most recently been at Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center in California.

Me too---I dont normally watch car wrecks, but I kept watching footage
of her car, going thru that intersection like a missile-- unreal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88