CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

IMHO any licensed profession requires good judgement. An ICU nurse makes many, many decisions about patient care while at work. The very lives of the patients depend on the nurse's sound judgement. The patients, the families, the hospital itself, the other staff members all depend on the nurse's ability to assess situations and choose the most beneficial path of action, the nurse's judgement.

Driving 90 to 100 miles an hour on a surface street in traffic shows rather poor judgement IMHO, poor assessment of the situation and poor path of action.

Some of us might expect less from a person who did not have the administrative skills to earn a technical degree and pass a licensing exam.

jmho ymmv lrr

And, as a nurse, you would think she has likely seen a few patients who were injured or killed in car wrecks. So she, more than many, would know the physical/emotional/mental impact of patients struggling to recover from injuries sustained in crashes, the huge hurdles they face, or the heartbreak of families and friends for people who don't survive.

12ft | Behind Nicole Linton's murder charges in Windsor Hills crash - Los Angeles Times

Among the dead are 23-year-old Asherey Ryan; her 11-month-old child, Alonzo Quintero; her boyfriend, Reynold Lester; and their unborn child. Ryan was 8½ months pregnant when she was killed. The boy she was carrying had been named Armani Lester, according to the Los Angeles County coroner’s office.

Two additional women killed in the crash have yet to be identified by authorities, but loved ones said they were Nathesia Lewis, 42, and Lynette Noble, 38.

“She has to pay for what she did,” said Clarence “Moezart” Hamlin, Lewis’ boyfriend. “She can’t get away with this.”

If [Nicole] was psychologically unwell, she hid it, her friends said.

Linton graduated with a degree in marketing from Howard University in Washington, D.C., in 2007, only pivoting toward a career in nursing after, according to her friend from college. She worked as a technician during nursing school, then as an intensive care unit nurse. She eventually became a travel nurse, working for contracting giant AMN Healthcare starting in 2020.

She was “very inviting, bubbly. An extremely hard-worker” with a bright smile, said her friend, who lived in the same dormitory as Linton at Howard.

Five years after graduating from Howard, Linton moved to Laredo, Texas, where she worked as an operating room technician at Laredo Medical Center while traveling back and forth to Houston to get her bachelor’s degree in nursing, a former co-worker said.

“She was a highly motivated person, I would say, considering she had a different undergrad and became an operating room technician — totally changing fields,” said Arnulfo Salazar, who worked with and socialized with Linton in Laredo.

Salazar said that for part of her time in town, Linton did not own a car. He said they went to parties together, often barbecues in friends’ backyards, and while he did not notice any psychological issues, Salazar said that Linton could get gloomy.

“She was by herself here, so she would be a little down about being alone,” he said.

Then Linton moved full time to Houston, where she studied anesthesia at a graduate level at the University of Texas Health Science Center.

In Houston, she met Hurley, who recalled her as a hard-working and pleasant surgical technician at West Houston Hospital who had many friends. Linton then went on to nursing school and began work as an ICU nurse, Hurley said.

“She was kind and considerate of her patients and loved her job. She was an achiever,” Hurley said.

But as her career progressed, Linton began to accumulate car crashes, prosecutors say. In 2013, she failed to accelerate at a green light in Laredo and was rear-ended, according to Texas Department of Transportation data. In 2016, the same thing happened in Houston. She was not at fault in either of those crashes.

But the results of the Aug. 4 crash were far different.

“I don’t know anything that could have put her in the space,” Linton’s college friend said of events leading to the fatal Windsor Hills crash.

“My heart breaks,” Hurley said.

But also broken are the families of those who lost their lives. Ryan’s younger sister, Cotie Davis, 20, remembered how she used to do Ryan’s hair and how they both were studying for college degrees in criminal justice.

“I cannot imagine not having her at my graduation,” Davis said before bursting into tears.

So she was not at fault in the two accidents they found on her.

So she was not at fault in the two accidents they found on her.
That may be true, as she was rear ended.
However, if she were to stop abruptly, for what ever reason, that would be on her.
I picture her WANTING to be rear ended. Or stopping because she just wanted too, damn the consequences/thrill seeker.
We just don't know.

When the horrific accident first occurred I thought it was important to know more about her and what her occupation was--- and it is important, because she has a very professional job, a job where a person is supposed to have caring and compassion, you know, the kind of profession where you wouldn't think that person would be going 100 mph through an intersection and wind up killing 5 people and injuring 6 others

To be fair though, what kind of occupation do you expect people to drive 100mph through an intersection? Hard to answer without sounding biased. Jmo

Just what if this really was a terrible accident?

Immediately after the crash a woman was at the scene and claimed to have been drinking with Nicole and that Nicole had just broken up with her boyfriend.
The media ran with that, with out any facts!!! We as the public have been conditioned to believe everything they tell us. It has been found she was not intoxicated. I would assume other toxicology is pending.

I personally would like to know who the woman was that said that, and if she made a false statement she should be charged. Doing so totally changes public opinion and effects a persons ability to get a fair trial. Everyone has run with the fact that she was impaired in some way, but maybe she wasn't!

Has anyone heard anything from a boyfriend? Was there a boyfriend?

People are also jumping on the fact that she has worked in 6 different hospitals in a short period of time, and that it must be she is unstable. No.... that is was travel nurses do, they travel were needed.
Her friends and co-workers have said that there was no indication of mental illness, her attorney has said she suffered from "profound" mental illness.

Also, where did the info about Germaine Mason come from. There is absolute no indication that they were in a relationship of any kind, much less a serious one.

I agree that it is possible that as crazy as it seems this could have been an intentional act.

I also wonder though if it is possible that she had some sort of a medical event, or her car malfunctioned.

So many questions need to be answered.

Immediately after the crash a woman was at the scene and claimed to have been drinking with Nicole and that Nicole had just broken up with her boyfriend.
The media ran with that, with out any facts!!! We as the public have been conditioned to believe everything they tell us. It has been found she was not intoxicated. I would assume other toxicology is pending.

I personally would like to know who the woman was that said that, and if she made a false statement she should be charged. Doing so totally changes public opinion and effects a persons ability to get a fair trial. Everyone has run with the fact that she was impaired in some way, but maybe she wasn't!

People are also jumping on the fact that she has worked in 6 different hospitals in a short period of time, and that it must be she is unstable. No.... that is was travel nurses do, they travel were needed.
Her friends and co-workers have said that there was no indication of mental illness, her attorney has said she suffered from "profound" mental illness.

Also, where did the info about Germaine Mason come from. There is absolute no indication that they were in a relationship of any kind, much less a serious one.

I agree that it is possible that as crazy as it seems this could have been an intentional act.

I also wonder though if it is possible that she had some sort of a medical event, or her car malfunctioned.

She wouldn't be charged with 6 counts of murder if officials thought it was an accident. The prosecution obviously has details we don't have from LE, they don't run off of media rumours.

I am nowhere near calling this i gentioG
To be fair though, what kind of occupation do you expect people to drive 100mph through an intersection? Hard to answer without sounding biased. Jmo

First of all, I am nowhere near believing it was an intentional act. I believe it was probably an accident--- I think perhaps she was talking on the phone, maybe got angry and was in a rage and maybe without realizing it, kept her foot on the gas- it is also possible it was intentional- we just don't have enough facts.

As far as her occupation is concerned, one would think that a person who has themselves together enough to be a successful travelling nurse, would have it together so that she would not have instigated a horrifying vehicular accident-- I have no idea what you mean by biased- bias has nothing to do with this event. We all make certain judgments about people based on certain character traits and we judge people based on occupation as well. What happened here seems out of character for her at first blush. We will learn more about her later.

She wouldn't be charged with 6 counts of murder if officials thought it was an accident. The prosecution obviously has details we don't have from LE, they don't run off of media rumours.
I am interested to hear what information they have. It just seemed awfully quick to me. I am not in any way defending her, just feel like we don't have all the facts.

I am nowhere near calling this i gentioG

First of all, I am nowhere near believing it was an intentional act. I believe it was probably an accident--- I think perhaps she was talking on the phone, maybe got angry and was in a rage and maybe without realizing it, kept her foot on the gas- it is also possible it was intentional- we just don't have enough facts.

As far as her occupation is concerned, one would think that a person who has themselves together enough to be a successful travelling nurse, would have it together so that she would not have instigated a horrifying vehicular accident-- I have no idea what you mean by biased- bias has nothing to do with this event. We all make certain judgments about people based on certain character traits and we judge people based on occupation as well. What happened here seems out of character for her at first blush. We will learn more about her later.

My loved one was a very successful traveling nurse and died from an overdose on sleeping pills so I really just don’t give much credit towards a persons occupation. We’re all human, and we’re all fighting our own battles, regardless of our careers. Me, the bookkeeper, is just the same as the man who pumped my gas this morning. A nurse is no different from a sanitation worker. Jmo

Eta- I used the word biased to try to avoid saying that if she was was a construction worker, people wouldnt be debating how they could have done such a thing. In my opinion

Let’s not forget there was a huge shortage of nurses in the past few years. Nurses are human like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Thank you!! ❤️ Six years of total chaos. Very glad to be out.

The weight of keeping up with lies is very heavy. My ex struggled with suicidal ideation, drugs, etc. IF this is what NL was dealing with (lies/delusions), she may have cracked under the weight of her fantasies. This is total speculation on my part - just a thought.

JMO
Absolute resilience and strength on your part! I am so glad you were able to make it out.

One thing I keep wondering about is why NL was in scrubs, seemingly having left work in the middle of the day when, I believe, the KP nurses typically work 12 hour days. It’s possible she worked a partial shift…but, based on pure speculation, could she have been asked to leave and removed from her shift due to some sort of behavioral issue, and that was the phenomenological straw that broke the camel’s back?

She was in a relationship with Germaine Mason. How serious it was who knows as he was also in a relationship with a woman he had a child with and had another child with (she was 3 months pregnant when he died).

She was in a relationship with Germaine Mason. How serious it was who knows as he was also in a relationship with a woman he had a child with and had another child with (she was 3 months pregnant when he died).

Is this information reported by any other media? Mr. Mason was a high-profile athlete. Are there any pictures of the 2 of them together?

Did her parents know his family in Jamaica, perhaps, or travel there regularly?

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
IMHO any licensed profession requires good judgement. An ICU nurse makes many, many decisions about patient care while at work. The very lives of the patients depend on the nurse's sound judgement. The patients, the families, the hospital itself, the other staff members all depend on the nurse's ability to assess situations and choose the most beneficial path of action, the nurse's judgement.

Driving 90 to 100 miles an hour on a surface street in traffic shows rather poor judgement IMHO, poor assessment of the situation and poor path of action.

Some of us might expect less from a person who did not have the administrative skills to earn a technical degree and pass a licensing exam.

jmho ymmv lrr

Intelligence does not equal common sense.
She wasn’t intoxicated, she had 13 previous crashes. She was a horrific driver. Why was she allowed to have a license?
None of them were apparently bad enough to kill/maim other people. Probably paid very high insurance. She'd taken a defensive driving course after the one accident in 2020 IIRC. There are a lot of very bad drivers on the road.

IS this information reported by any other media? Mr. Mason was a high-profile athlete. Are there any pictures of the 2 of them together?

Did her parents know his family in Jamaica, perhaps, or travel there regularly?

jmho ymmv lrr
There's a picture on her fb of presumably the two of them on a boat together. But it's taken from behind.. it has a RIP message to him. I don't know if there's other photos.
One of the media articles about her upthread says she had connections with a lot of athletes - I believe while she was a cocktail waitress at a strip club.
If she did know him, who knows... could have been anything from a 1 day yacht fling that she got delusional about, to a full fledged relationship.

All jmo

When the horrific accident first occurred I thought it was important to know more about her and what her occupation was--- and it is important, because she has a very professional job, a job where a person is supposed to have caring and compassion, you know, the kind of profession where you wouldn't think that person would be going 100 mph through an intersection and wind up killing 5 people and injuring 6 others

There are problems in a nurse’s life. Fatigue? Working night shift?

While is is not an exculpatory fact, because tired people should know better than driving, as long as she was not an impaired driver, and was not on the phone, fatigue is reason Nr 3 coming to mind.

Fatigue has been factored in, and rules set, for pilots, in air industry. To avoid distraction and poor decision-making. Fatigue has not been spoken about enough in drivers. It might be a very serious issue, and something to study extensively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back