CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

I am nowhere near calling this i gentioG

First of all, I am nowhere near believing it was an intentional act. I believe it was probably an accident--- I think perhaps she was talking on the phone, maybe got angry and was in a rage and maybe without realizing it, kept her foot on the gas- it is also possible it was intentional- we just don't have enough facts.

As far as her occupation is concerned, one would think that a person who has themselves together enough to be a successful travelling nurse, would have it together so that she would not have instigated a horrifying vehicular accident-- I have no idea what you mean by biased- bias has nothing to do with this event. We all make certain judgments about people based on certain character traits and we judge people based on occupation as well. What happened here seems out of character for her at first blush. We will learn more about her later.

I hate to say this, but honestly, nurses (and doctors) are just humans and many are flawed. I also used to think anyone who can get through that much rigor and training must have themselves together. The facade is gone. Facts are that there are many nurses, doctors, and other medical professions who drive drunk, are found guilty of crimes (even murder), and do things that tend to shock the public. It's very sad.

She was in a relationship with Germaine Mason. How serious it was who knows as he was also in a relationship with a woman he had a child with and had another child with (she was 3 months pregnant when he died).
I have not seen where anyone with some credibility has said she was in a relationship with him. The media has said she was and that "she planned to marry him". There are no pictures of them together, she was not mentioned in his obituary, nothing. So was she, or did she create that in her own mind?
Germain was still in a relationship with Shari-Dee Barker at the time of his death.

There are problems in a nurse’s life. Fatigue? Working night shift?

While is is not an exculpatory fact, because tired people should know better than driving, as long as she was not an impaired driver, and was not on the phone, fatigue is reason Nr 3 coming to mind.

Fatigue has been factored in, and rules set, for pilots, in air industry. To avoid distraction and poor decision-making. Fatigue has not been spoken about enough in drivers. It might be a very serious issue, and something to study extensively.

It's been studied among medical professions. Every profession has their own rules. Sadly, in medicine, unless you're a resident, they leave it up to the individual. Only residents are protected (and this goes back and forth) by duty hours restrictions. Honestly, even the duty hours restrictions would probably shock you. Residents (med school graduates) are only allowed to work 80 hours a week (averaged monthly) and only 30 consecutive hours in a row. As far as I know, nurses don't have any such restriction so technically they can work even more than that if they choose.

I have not seen where anyone with some credibility has said she was in a relationship with him. The media has said she was and that "she planned to marry him". There are no pictures of them together, she was not mentioned in his obituary, nothing. So was she, or did she create that in her own mind?
Germain was still in a relationship with Shari-Dee Barker at the time of his death.

I don't know if we are allowed to discuss NL's FB profile but, in 2010, GM commented with a heart on one of her photos. There are no more public interactions between the two nor photos of them together, except one NL posted the day GM died, but it shows no faces so, it could be anyone. Plus the comments make no mention to them being in a romantic relationship ... I would expect a "'I'm so sorry for your loss" or "you must be devastated", etc. But the photo in question has about 4 comments and only a few people reacted to it. No emotional comments from her friends... Nada!

I think she created that in her own mind... MOO JMO

MOO JMO

Hello, very long-time observer/lurker and new member here. I may have missed discussion on this, but the still photo posted by dotr at the beginning of this topic shows the suspect's Mercedes just prior to impact, and something is clearly sticking out at an angle from and above the driver's side window. What could it be? Maybe a phone, or a phone on a selfie stick? I will value your thoughts!

I hear you. I feel like she did know him but obviously it wasn’t as serious as she claimed or thought.

Last edited:
There's a picture on her fb of presumably the two of them on a boat together. But it's taken from behind.. it has a RIP message to him. I don't know if there's other photos.
One of the media articles about her upthread says she had connections with a lot of athletes - I believe while she was a cocktail waitress at a strip club.
If she did know him, who knows... could have been anything from a 1 day yacht fling that she got delusional about, to a full fledged relationship.

All jmo
Sorry @LeahBee, I didn't see your post before posting my comment.

Just what if this really was a terrible accident?

Immediately after the crash a woman was at the scene and claimed to have been drinking with Nicole and that Nicole had just broken up with her boyfriend.
The media ran with that, with out any facts!!! We as the public have been conditioned to believe everything they tell us. It has been found she was not intoxicated. I would assume other toxicology is pending.

I personally would like to know who the woman was that said that, and if she made a false statement she should be charged. Doing so totally changes public opinion and effects a persons ability to get a fair trial. Everyone has run with the fact that she was impaired in some way, but maybe she wasn't!

Has anyone heard anything from a boyfriend? Was there a boyfriend?

People are also jumping on the fact that she has worked in 6 different hospitals in a short period of time, and that it must be she is unstable. No.... that is was travel nurses do, they travel were needed.
Her friends and co-workers have said that there was no indication of mental illness, her attorney has said she suffered from "profound" mental illness.

Also, where did the info about Germaine Mason come from. There is absolute no indication that they were in a relationship of any kind, much less a serious one.

I agree that it is possible that as crazy as it seems this could have been an intentional act.

I also wonder though if it is possible that she had some sort of a medical event, or her car malfunctioned.

So many questions need to be answered.
Her charges mention aforethought. LE must know this was not an accident. Moo.

Intelligence does not equal common sense.

None of them were apparently bad enough to kill/maim other people. Probably paid very high insurance. She'd taken a defensive driving course after the one accident in 2020 IIRC. There are a lot of very bad drivers on the road.

Do we know that she had insurance?

They finally updated her docket.

Charges & have a date in October.

Count Charge Section Charge Statute Plea Disposition Disposition Date
01 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
02 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
03 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
04 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
05 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
06 187(A) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
07 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
08 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
09 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
10 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending
11 192(C)(1) Penal Code Case Pending Case Pending

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
August 15, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 BAIL REVIEW

October 26, 2022 08:30 AM Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center 030 ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

and here are the CA Penal Codes:
California Penal Code [CPC] §187(a) – Murder – Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being or fetus with malice aforethought. Penal Code Section 187 applies to murders that are premeditated or specified in the criminal statutes.

The Crime of Vehicular Manslaughter in California - PC 192(c) California Penal Code Section 192(c) PC defines the crime of vehicular manslaughter as driving a vehicle in a negligent or unlawful manner and thereby causing the death of another human being.

Bumping up

Hello, very long-time observer/lurker and new member here. I may have missed discussion on this, but the still photo posted by dotr at the beginning of this topic shows the suspect's Mercedes just prior to impact, and something is clearly sticking out at an angle from and above the driver's side window. What could it be? Maybe a phone, or a phone on a selfie stick? I will value your thoughts!
Yeah, that discussion is a few pages back. Someone posted a pic of a video camera on a stick. I thought that looked quite a bit like what I see on those pictures. I have a feeling she may have had a live stream going or was recording to upload later. Must be one reason why le knows it wasn't an accident.

Yep, discussed upthread.

Thanks for joining us here!

jmho ymmv lrr

Nicole Lorraine Linton was a traveling nurse who picked up shifts across the country, working for short stretches where she was needed.

Her job took her to North Carolina, Texas, Georgia and finally to California, where she has been licensed since 2021, most recently working at Kaiser Permanente’s West Los Angeles Medical Center.

Authorities are still trying to piece together Linton’s movements and what led her to be driving so fast and recklessly, sources told The Times.

Linton’s family has declined to comment.

Linton graduated with a degree in marketing from Howard University in Washington, D.C., in 2007, only pivoting toward a career in nursing after, according to her friend from college. She worked as a technician during nursing school, then as an intensive care unit nurse. She eventually became a travel nurse, working for contracting giant AMN Healthcare starting in 2020.

She was “very inviting, bubbly. An extremely hard-worker” with a bright smile, said her friend, who lived in the same dormitory as Linton at Howard.

Five years after graduating from Howard, Linton moved to Laredo, Texas, where she worked as an operating room technician at Laredo Medical Center while traveling back and forth to Houston to get her bachelor’s degree in nursing, a former co-worker said.

“She was a highly motivated person, I would say, considering she had a different undergrad and became an operating room technician — totally changing fields,” said Arnulfo Salazar, who worked with and socialized with Linton in Laredo.

Salazar said that for part of her time in town, Linton did not own a car. He said they went to parties together, often barbecues in friends’ backyards, and while he did not notice any psychological issues, Salazar said that Linton could get gloomy.

Absolute resilience and strength on your part! I am so glad you were able to make it out.

One thing I keep wondering about is why NL was in scrubs, seemingly having left work in the middle of the day when, I believe, the KP nurses typically work 12 hour days. It’s possible she worked a partial shift…but, based on pure speculation, could she have been asked to leave and removed from her shift due to some sort of behavioral issue, and that was the phenomenological straw that broke the camel’s back?
Nurses mostly do work 12 hour shifts but those are not on the hour only. I've worked in hospitals where they shifts start at 7am, 9am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 9pm, 11pm. So, it's a possibility. Also, due to lots of mandatory overtime because of shortage they can be mandated to work an additional 4 hours. There are laws in place that allow nurses to work a total of 16 hours in a 24 hour period.

Here's another one that just happened in Chicago. Be warned, it's horrible

A different angle of the accident: Warning: Graphic Video.

@Gardenista, is there a thread for this case? Apparently it was intentional...

MOO JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back