CA - Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, speeds through intersection kills 6, including pregnant woman in fiery crash, Los Angeles, 4 Aug. '22

I hate to say this, but honestly, nurses (and doctors) are just humans and many are flawed. I also used to think anyone who can get through that much rigor and training must have themselves together. The facade is gone. Facts are that there are many nurses, doctors, and other medical professions who drive drunk, are found guilty of crimes (even murder), and do things that tend to shock the public. It's very sad.

I believe that normal distribution curve applies to any profession and any community. NL killed six people, but in no way was it premeditated. (Still, horrible). The nurse that stays in my mind is KK (K.Lee) from Kelsey Berreth case. That situation was premeditated, and prompts the question, “what the hell was she thinking?” (And professionally, she was good!)
But such situations are outliers. Most nurses are dealing with the same issues that we all are, money, living conditions, dating, marriages, kid issues. We can’t hold people to the highest personal standards because lives are not easy, and stressors are many. People make mistakes, but they are usually average mistakes. Same with doctors - once in a blue moon, we’d read about a doctor who killed his wife, but most people are average, and have normal lives, with “normal” mistakes and achievements. JMO.

Nurses mostly do work 12 hour shifts but those are not on the hour only. I've worked in hospitals where they shifts start at 7am, 9am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 9pm, 11pm. So, it's a possibility. Also, due to lots of mandatory overtime because of shortage they can be mandated to work an additional 4 hours. There are laws in place that allow nurses to work a total of 16 hours in a 24 hour period.

Not only this, question emerges, how many beds are these nurses responsible for?

(Two things, professional fatigue and professional burnout, need to be studied more, especially after COVID. There us Uber, and Lyft, and maybe we all should change our own attitudes. The cost of all accidents is humongous).

I believe that normal distribution curve applies to any profession and any community. NL killed six people, but in no way was it premeditated. (Still, horrible). The nurse that stays in my mind is KK (K.Lee) from Kelsey Berreth case. That situation was premeditated, and prompts the question, “what the hell was she thinking?” (And professionally, she was good!)
But such situations are outliers. Most nurses are dealing with the same issues that we all are, money, living conditions, dating, marriages, kid issues. We can’t hold people to the highest personal standards because lives are not easy, and stressors are many. People make mistakes, but they are usually average mistakes. Same with doctors - once in a blue moon, we’d read about a doctor who killed his wife, but most people are average, and have normal lives, with “normal” mistakes and achievements. JMO.
Have you read the charges up thread? It was absolutely pre meditated.

I'm even more concerned about her responsibilities as a nurse with her "documented" mental health issues across several states. These issues were so profound they could have some bearing on her driving her car like a missile directly into innocent people?! (I mean, I have to wonder if any of her former patients could consider themselves lucky they are still alive?)

Have you read the charges up thread? It was absolutely pre meditated.

I am in no way questioning the charges. I don’t know NL’s circumstances, and no one does yet. She caused that fiery blast that killed six people; so, whatever she will get, she deserves it. But I feel there was something not right with her. JMO x 2. Again, just my opinion and impression, and it might have been something very short-lived and inexplicable.

While in KIK’s situation, sadly, it was too explainable. She just agreed to help the guy she was in love with to clear after murdering the mother of his child, and she thought she’d get away with it. And then, “I am hungry, not to forget to go to Sonics after I cleaned the murder scene”. “Not to forget to throw away her phone”. This is 100% planning and premeditation.

I shall shorten this up a bit.

Monday, August 15th:
*Bond Review Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 6 killed (Victims: Asherey Ryan (23), her son Alonzo Luchiano Quintero (11 mos.), her unborn baby boy Armani Lester & her boyfriend Reynold Lester (24), Nathesia Lewis (42) & Lynette Noble (38) & 8 injured (the other victims had minor injuries & included a 33-year-old woman & another adult (19 years old) plus six children ranging in age from 1 to 15 years old) as woman speeds (~90mph in a 35mph zone) thru intersection at the La Brea-Slauson in West Los Angeles in a fiery 7-car crash, August 4, 2022, Windsor Hills, Los Angeles) - Nicole Lorraine Linton (37) arrested (8/4/22), charged (8/8/22) with vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Re-charged (8/8/22) with 6 counts of murder & 5 counts of gross vehicular manslaughter. $2M bond. Bond changed (8/7/22) to $9M. Judge changed (8/8/22) to no bond. Her car appears to be a 2018 Mercedes-Benz E400 4Matic Coupe per fostercrusader.
Case info reference post #74 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...t-woman-in-fiery-crash-4-aug-22.632184/page-4

8/7/22 Update: Arraignment hearing on Monday, 8/8/22. 8/8/22 Update: Linton was charged Monday with 6 counts of murder & 5 counts of gross vehicular manslaughter. Prosecutors say the Los Angeles woman was behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz that was speeding as fast as 90mph when she ran a red light shortly after 1:30pm & plowed into traffic at the busy intersection of La Brea & Slauson avenues. LA County Dist. Atty. George Gascón said Linton faces up to life in prison if convicted of all charges. In Linton's case, investigators found she has a history of dangerous crashes & knew the threat posed by her driving behavior, prosecutors said. California Highway Patrol investigators identified 13 prior crashes involving Linton. Those incidents are the foundation for the district attorney's case that she knew the dangers of reckless driving. However, Gascón said there is no evidence of any alcohol use by Linton at this point. The murder charges against Linton are for the deaths of 23-year-old Asherey Ryan; her nearly 1-year-old child, Alonzo Quintero; her boyfriend, Reynold Lester; & their unborn child. Ryan was 8½ months pregnant when she was killed. Craig Pitchford, 66, died at the scene, while seven people inside a Chevrolet Traverse were injured. An eighth person injured has been identified only as a 19-year-old. After hitting Asherey & Reynold's car, Linton's Mercedes then collided with a Nissan Altima & killed two women inside, who have not been publicly identified. She also careened into an SUV carrying a family of seven. They all incurred minor injuries. Several other vehicles were also struck. Linton also was charged with murder for the deaths of 2 women killed in the crash who have yet to be identified. The five counts of vehicular manslaughter against her are for the deaths of the 4 adults & the baby, who was about two weeks shy of 1 year old. Ryan's unborn child cannot be included in the murder charges. LA County Superior Court Judge Natalie Stone denied her bail, which previously had been set at $9 million, at the request of the DA's office, which said she is a flight risk. Linton's permanent address is in Texas & she's currently renting a room in Los Angeles as a traveling nurse. She was set to travel to Hawaii for work, prosecutors said. Attorney Halim Dhanidina asked the court to continue Linton's arraignment to October because he is reviewing her out-of-state history of "documented profound mental health issues." "She should have been aware of her limitations" before she got behind the wheel, the judge said in denying Linton's bail. A bond hearing was scheduled on the matter was set for 8/15/22. Learned from hearing: The tox screen came back clean, no drugs or alcohol. She has been in California for a year & was preparing to go to Hawaii. Her DL license was from Texas. Her sister was at the hearing & is working on finding a psychiatric facility she can be placed instead of jail.
8/8/22 Update: Over the weekend, City News Service incorrectly identified a person in the Windsor Hills crash. Information was included in a CNS story on Sunday morning that Craig Pitchford was a victim in the multi-fatality car crash in Windsor Hills. That information was removed from the CNS story early Sunday afternoon and was not in any subsequent CNS stories on Sunday or Monday. New arraignment & plea hearing on 10/26/22 @ 8:30am.

"A Los Angeles judge on Monday postponed a bail hearing for the nurse accused of driving recklessly and causing a fiery crash in Windsor Hills that killed six people, including a pregnant woman, her baby boy, and her unborn son."

I am wondering if her telling people she "intended to marry" Germain Mason was so type of delusion.
At the time of his passing, his long term girlfriend was 3 months pregnant with their second child. Anything I have read indicates they were in a committed relationship. There is no mention anywhere of Nicole. I just don't think it's true.
i think maybe he was seeing her but it was serious in her mind and Germain was with his childrens mother.

That’s my thought too — was she truthful or were some of these things delusions…..the masters in anesthesia, the DNP, her going to marry the Olympian guy, even the surgical tech thing — it’s possible she worked in the OR as a tech cleaning, stocking supplies etc, but I question if she had an additional degree and certification as a surgical tech, unless the process is different there. Maybe she’s the type of person who fabricates things or they’re really true in her mind.

I was married to someone like that - he lied about EVERYTHING literally down to how his name was spelled (!!!) and where he went to school but in his mind it was reality. I only bring that up to say, it’s not totally unheard of.

JMO!
narcissism and i know someone like this. is an MA but likes to tell ppl shes an RN.

[…]

A nurse suspected of causing a fiery crash that killed six people after she allegedly ploughed through a red light in Los Angelesearlier this month 'does not have a dangerous driving history', her attorneys claimed in court on Monday.

[…]
'It's been reported extensively and it's not true,' Halim Dhanidina said in court, the Los Angeles Times reported.

'Our initial investigation has demonstrated that that allegation that's been bandied about in the media is patently false.'

[…]

Linton did not appear in court for her hearing on Monday, but Judge Victoria B. Wilson ordered that she appear in person for the next bail review hearing. The judge continued that hearing until until August 31.

ETA: link

ICU nurse in LA crash 'does not have dangerous driving history'

ICU nurse in LA crash 'does not have dangerous driving history'

Well, 13 crashes would seem to indicate a not very good driving record whether or not they were her fault. There only ever seem to be two that are highlighted and they are characterized as not her fault-she was rear-ended, although the verbiage suggests that although “technically” not her fault, they were, in reality, caused by her.

Very strange, since she doesn’t have a “driving” job, such as local sales. I don’t know many people with 13 wrecks to their name.

Sadly, what appears to be happening now is simply parties jockeying for position in the upcoming trial, on top of the usual media sensationalism.

Hopefully, the “truth will out”, but I’m not holding my breath.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back