Found Deceased CA - Lucy Xiong, 20, Fresno, 28 July 2017

She had also been drinking, makes it more likely to drown. imo Not blaming, just stating a fact.

I do believe, like others have said, that the purse was probably snatched form her, she probably tried to hold on to it and lost her balance.

What a tragic case. I also think it's likely she was pushed in, MOO.

This is so horrible because there's no way of ever knowing what really happened unless someone is so eaten up by guilt that they confess. Either way it's an accidental drowning IMO. I doubt she was deliberately pushed but I don't think she was alone when she fell.

What a tragic case. I also think it's likely she was pushed in, MOO.

Agreed. It just doesn't make sense her purse was accessible if she fell in. I feel like if she fell in without help she would've taken her purse with her.

Does it say any place that her purse was found on dry land and not fished from the canal by our credit card thieves?

Maybe when she fell, the purse went with her, both floating in the canal, only now they are separated and the purse got hung up on something or because of size and weight, each floated at a different rate.

The boyfriend had said he heard her walking on what sounded like gravel. She was inebriated, and unsteady on her feet, no doubt. With loose gravel, her attention being on her phone call, she very well could have just lost her footing and fell in, purse and all.

I believe it was an accident, a horrible chain of events that ended in a tragic outcome. I think the credit card theft was a crime of opportunity. IMHO

what if it was a wristlet? that could easily fall off her hand in a fall and be on the bank.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back