CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

In her CBS8 itw, DF talks about Dia having a confrontation with the guys from the marijuana grow, 2 weeks before she disappeared. So she definitely had a connection with them.
c0311.gif
Help please. I listened to the DF interview again, (posted above) and didn't hear her say anything about Dia having a confrontation with the grow site people. Is there a longer version that includes that? Or maybe it was from an earlier video?
c0304.gif

I'm watching the last season #5 of "Queen of the South" on Netflix. Talk about ruthless people!
t3619.gif

If Dia had some sort of confrontation with the growers, yikes! I mean, that sounds like a dangerous idea for anybody, doesn't it? By all reports, Dia is a smart woman, but I don't know how well she might have done in a fight against people who have something to lose. We know she was willing to fight for herself legally. even against her family, so I guess it follows that she would stand up for herself in other ways. Did she, then? Is that what happened to Lydia Abrams? It's possible. But if the growers had issues with Dia, and did her harm, they had to know they couldn't get away with that. They would have to disappear, too. And they did.

Leaving KH in charge of the property, and leaving him with the fallout: all eyes on KH, who must've killed Dia because, well. He makes a good villain. And he's holding the bag. The empty bag, as it turned out. But maybe, it all works out, since KH didn't kill Dia, so chances are he won't be convicted, and the real bad guys got away. It cost them their grow op, but not their freedom, the bastards, and life goes on. Except for Dia.

I'd like it better if Dia, realizing she had crossed a line, took herself quietly away to Austin or Aspen or the Grand Canyon to take care of burros, leaving KH in charge off her things, for 5 years, when she plans to come home, very much alive. :(

Surely, LE knows who the growers are. Right?

P.S. Welcome to Websleuths, Cahuilla, friend of Lydia 'Dia' Abrams!

It’s in the phone interview done by CBS8 in 2020.
Found it! Thank You again for pointing it out. It's at the 8:20:00 minute mark, and DF's #3 possible threat to Dia. DF does say Dia had a confrontation with the people who were growing MJ illegally nearby.
If there was a grow site confrontation, and they maybe harmed Dia, then why did KH, and DF too, let those people back renting the Sky High grow site. Isidro said they were back on the property.
Hi [B]@coastal[/B]! Great post. Ah, the grow site people left for awhile, but sounds like they came back. True they left KH holding the bag though. Remember, according to DF, he's got plans to make a big RV Park out of the property, which makes him sound willingly part of the decision making.
Observation
Diane Fedder was second trustee and second power of attorney.

She cast suspicion on Keith Harper in her interview with CBS8 as well as the children. If something happened to Keith Harper such as his arrest, death, or incapacitation Diane would inherit the trust and all control because of her secondary position.

IMO, If the adult children were cast in a negative light and she were to be held above suspicion because of her law enforcement background she could have inherited everything and been free of suspicion. IMO that was her plan.

Diane Fedder, ex-secret service, is the one who IMO positioned herself as a "friend" of Dia's close enough to manage her estate because, according to her, Harper is highly suspicious as are the adult children. IMO Harper is a shadowy and unsavory individual. IMO As is Diane Fedder. IMO Diane Fedder, however, has the law-enforcement background to orchestrate a disappearance this confusing to local LE. Could Harper be that good to single-handedly disappear Dia? IMO There were multiple other people involved.

IMO it could have been the plan after Dia's disappearance to harm Keith Harper or expect his arrest which shifts control of everything over to DF and her allies.

From what I have heard (and MOO), DF was married to LE before, she had a long career in LE, and now is getting married to LE again. Just my thoughts, Could she have allies in LE in Riverside that would allow this investigation to be so confused and delayed? IMO she is hiding the most here.

IMO, it is possible DF's allies planned to all get some take from Dia's estate while Harper faces all suspicion.

IMO, DF and her law enforcement credentials, especially being secret service, make this case unique and IMO might explain why LE is being so coy about any information. IMO it is possible she is being protected, even at a federal level.

IMO If DF is involved in a possible homicide with a career criminal sex-offender in KH.... has a secret service agent, ever, in history, been in so much trouble or done something so evil?

This situation has to be very serious on many levels to all of LE, federal, state and local. It is sad we don't know if they are even working on it seriously or if they are protecting DF.
All MOO.
Your post was very thought provoking and you came out and said what others were silently thinking. It's necessary to look at all angles and all the players. Thank You for being here to help sort this mess out.

I don't know what'd happen legally if some thing happened to KH. DF mentions she's not a Power of Attorney at the start of the video. She casts doubt on (1) KH who she swears she barely knew (2) Dia's children (3) the grow site people. DF denies every single suspicious thing connected to her though. Cagey about which state she's living in now.

Where is Dia Abrams? CBS 8 interviews a trustee to her Idyllwild estate

Last edited:
MOO, she wants to act like she's still trying to figure things out, but come on, I bet DF knows everything that happened and who disappeared Dia. Did she share that with LE? I ask because I don't see any LE arrests.

So, two weeks before she was gone, Dia had a "confrontation" with these grow site people, and then at that same time, she went to some different attorney and changed her trustees for all her property leaving the children with nothing, but naming KH and DF. I have to say it... hmm...
c0310.gif

Strange that DF does not know, but the 2016 trust agreement only had the daughter as beneficiary and to the son Dia left «only my love ». In fact now, according to the most recent filings, only the daughter is seeking to have the 2020 trust invalidated.
The Abrams are in the news as their estate has not renewed the lease of the famous Pannikin Cafe on Girard Avenue (in a building they own). According to the media, the brother said the sister was responsible and that they had not spoken in a while…

We might be talking about different grows
here. DF says: « they were growing illegally on the property near Dia ». That could be a grow in the San Jacinto wilderness (public land) just next to Bonita Vista ranch, the problem being that they tapped into her water supply (the Cartridge spring that feeds into the pond). The story that she asked them to leave and they came back does not seem to apply to the Sky High ranch.
In that case, the « marijuana mobsters » as they are called would have killed her, by coming into the house; using the trails on the western flank of the San Jacinto mountains for their exit.

...The Abrams are in the news as their estate has not renewed the lease of the famous Pannikin Cafe on Girard Avenue (in a building they own). According to the media, the brother said the sister was responsible and that they had not spoken in a while…
Wow, I saw that I the local news. I only half-listened about the much loved and 50 yrs. old business, the Pannikin in La Jolla might close. I had no idea the family owned the bldg. So, the brother and sister aren't getting along that well. I found a couple news articles.

Who Evicted Pannikin? Staple La Jolla Coffee Shop to Close in April - LaJolla.com

Pannikin prolonged: La Jolla cafe receives last-minute extension for Girard Avenue site - La Jolla Light

The property is owned by the Clem Abrams Trust. Abrams was a La Jolla developer who died in December 2018. His wife, Lydia “Dia” Abrams, went missing in June 2020 from her 117-acre ranch near Idyllwild in the San Jacinto Mountains in Riverside County and has not been found.

SanDiegoVille: San Diego's 50-Year-Old Pannikin Cafe Set To Shutter In La Jolla

Lydia's alleged fiancé has since claimed that her children have "attempted a hostile takeover of their mother's properties by financial strangulation and harassment."

here. DF says: « they were growing illegally on the property near Dia ». That could be a grow in the San Jacinto wilderness (public land) just next to Bonita Vista ranch, the problem being that they tapped into her water supply (the Cartridge spring that feeds into the pond). The story that she asked them to leave and they came back does not seem to apply to the Sky High ranch.
In that case, the « marijuana mobsters » as they are called would have killed her, by coming into the house; using the trails on the western flank of the San Jacinto mountains for their exit.
animated-thumb-image-0011.gif

Wow, I saw that I the local news. I only half-listened about the much loved and 50 yrs. old business, the Pannikin in La Jolla might close. I had no idea the family owned the bldg. So, the brother and sister aren't getting along that well. I found a couple news articles.

Who Evicted Pannikin? Staple La Jolla Coffee Shop to Close in April - LaJolla.com

Pannikin prolonged: La Jolla cafe receives last-minute extension for Girard Avenue site - La Jolla Light

SanDiegoVille: San Diego's 50-Year-Old Pannikin Cafe Set To Shutter In La Jolla

Lydia's alleged fiancé has since claimed that her children have "attempted a hostile takeover of their mother's properties by financial strangulation and harassment."

Trying to follow the money ...

Has anyone seen anything on the Candlelight Project? I recall mention of it being put on hold due to missed payments last year.
Also - anything from the November court appearance about why it was again adjourned until May?

I can (thank God) only imagine a confrontation with mj mobsters about stealing Dia's precious water, but that's enough to scare me spitless, and then some. Water theft is a huge problem:

Thieves are stealing California’s scarce water. Where’s it going? Illegal marijuana farms

>>>snip

...As drought grips most of California, water thievery across the state has increased to record levels. Bandits in water trucks are backing up to rivers and lakes and pumping free water they sell on a burgeoning black market. Others, under cover of darkness, plug into city hydrants and top up. Thieves also steal water from homes, farms and private wells, and some even created an elaborate system of dams, reservoirs and pipelines during the last drought. Others are MacGyvering break-ins directly into pressurized water mains, a dangerous and destructive approach known as hot-tapping...

...No cache of water is safe. During the last major drought, businesses, schools and even a fire station were victims of water theft...

... In the Antelope Valley, illegal grows have doubled from 200 last year to 400 today, according to county data, while other estimates put the number in the thousands...

...“By our calculation, the illegal grows in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties require an astounding 5.4 million gallons of water a day, every day.”..

...That’s enough water for 72,000 people...

...Locals in the Antelope Valley report high-pressure tactics to sell land for the wells or water rights...

...According to Kyle, the Antelope Valley farmer, one of his neighbors was shown a photograph of a bullet-riddled truck and warned by an alleged cartel member that it could be her fate if she made official complaints about the illegal cannabis sites. Growers monitor and routinely photograph anyone coming near their operations...

(article continues)
<<<snip

MOO, she wants to act like she's still trying to figure things out, but come on, I bet DF knows everything that happened and who disappeared Dia. Did she share that with LE? I ask because I don't see any arrests.

So, two weeks before she was gone, Dia had a "confrontation" with these grow site people, and then at that same time, she went to some different attorney and changed her trustees for all her property leaving the children with nothing, but naming KH and DF. I have to say it... hmm...
c0310.gif
Reading this post, it occured to me that Dia might have been trying to protect her children from some danger associated with the properties they stood to inherit from her, by changing her trust the way she did. If her children don't stand to inherit her properties, they can't be hurt by owning them. She put them out of harm's way! Did the mj gangster cartel want to buy Dia's properties for the attached water rights? Did somebody threaten her with pictures of a shot-riddled truck like Clem's? Did Dia (or her employee) threaten to turn the mj gangsters in to LE, for stealing her water?

I think this makes sense of Dia's actions two weeks before she disappeared (which is also exactly when she confronted some unknown mj growers who were stealing her water for their illegal crop)!

I read (but didn't snip and post) that one of the biggest problems LE has with water theft is the fact that laws prohibiting the theft of water don't have commensurate penalties attached: water theft is usually charged as a misdemeanor, at least in Riverside county in March, 2022. So if somebody gets busted for stealing water, there's no real consequence, except for the loss of the stolen water source, and that would only last as long as it would take to set up a new system to steal water from somebody else. There's a black market for water, fgs!

I hate this case. I'm starting to hate marijuana, too, and I really hate that.
a020.gif

It's very odd that the Notary / Attorney makes his D's the same way. Yes, Dia's signature looks coherent, but that doesn't prove she signed it herself. I'm sure you agree that the signing to change the Trustee(s) is of the utmost importance and it's all certainly questionable if it was legit.
Prior post with the signature copies:
CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020
screenshot_20210610-182722_drive-jpg.300249

[snip]
Signatures can change. Mine have a couple of times. I'm curious if anyone has found other documents with her signature from this period (or slightly before). At face value, she appeared to be under a great deal of stress. Later documents show her signature to be more fluid thank this one, which could be reflective of her feeling freer ... or, of course, it could indicate fraud.

It’s heartening to see we have a couple of newer verified insiders for Dia here. Thank you, @RDJ0091 and @Cahuilla.

I have been away from the thread for a bit but think of Dia often. Sorry to switch the focus of the most recent posts, but I would like to hear more of who Dia was as a person by you two who personally know her.

RDJ0091 already has said she had a lot of spunk, humor and heart. Is that how you saw Dia, too, Coahuila?

Is it believable that Dia took cinnamon rolls (did she bake?) to a neighbor the morning of the day she disappeared?

Did you or anyone you know know about her romantic relationship with KH?

@Sun Spot heard Dia had been expected to go down to the San Diego area that day to play Bunco with a group of women she met with regularly for this. Do you have any further knowledge on this? Such as, when she would go there to play, did she leave her home early in the day and stay in SD overnight?

Dia and I are about the same age, so I can relate to her in that way.

Getting a feel for her habits and personality may help us put the puzzle together, in some way.

@slowpoke

Thank you for your questions and comments.

I believe the cinnamon roll matter was confirmed in an article by David Gotfredson.

The “grower” angle is, IMO being blown out of proportion here. Growers if they are cartel or organized probably would have made an example of Dia if they wanted to harm Dia. I dont see how growers benefit from a clean disappearance unless they partnered with KH and DF to later gain the properties. A disappearance like this would draw unending attention to them to have a missing persons case drag on so long. If they were mobile, “guerrilla” growers they would make an example of her and move on. Even if they did this, are growers so sophisticated they can make someone evaporate? I personally dont see it with all the legalization, why create trouble in a MJ paradise? They could just go elsewhere. What would be the motive for them? The heat would make waves. Too many things dont make sense there.

IMO This case is and was about corrupt law enforcement teaming up with other law enforcement in the area (retired or not) to set Dia up and then look the other way. I believe it was Sun Spot that stated that when he/she spoke to the investigators , they had no real interest in what he/she had to say. This has been my personal experience as well…they never seemed to really want to solve this case. I do not say that lightly. It has been a weird experience to have information that is credible and important but to have no one care or follow up.

Dia argued with LE and the fire department because of the time delay in them coming to her properties. I am confident they wanted to shut her up or at least were glad she was gone.

iMO there is corruption in Riverside LE. That, IMO is clear.

There are biker gangs in the area, some are all LE. I dont believe they are all above board. Is DF not on a chopper on the site “veterans paying it forward?” She is a biker. LE biker gangs can have agreements with outlaw motorcycle gangs.

As far as romance with KH, I dont buy it for one second. That Dia needed help and that KH was in a position to pose as a helping while Dia was in battle with her adult children and her husband deceased is what IMO set her up for her disappearance.

many many people know. No one seems to speak. IMO LE wants this one to go nowhere because some of its own is involved.

Where are the adult children? Hopefully working behind the scenes to do something. IMO there is a wall everyone who wants this case solved is hitting. Who knows if LE is even doing anything at all. It is tragic all around.

Trying to follow the money ... Has anyone seen anything on the Candlelight Project? I recall mention of it being put on hold due to missed payments last year.
Also - anything from the November court appearance about why it was again adjourned until May?
Good Reminder @sleuther007. Follow the money still seems like wise advice because this is a case where there is substantial property and money to follow. This post is strictly my own thoughts and opinions.

Dia signed over Trusteeship to her properties only two weeks before she (was) disappeared. There's inconsistencies in that legal paperwork, and it's not an attorney she used before. It may be beside the point, but IMO, there must be some financial component to this (deemed by LE ) "possible homicide".

Following the money... the people who stand to gain are the ones fighting this out in court now. It's the children and KH fighting it out for Dia's estate. I think it's still relevant to look in that direction.

KH was the one who offered a $10,000 reward for Dia's safe return probably knowing she couldn't return, and the one that jumped to give interviews to paint the pic as the caring fiancé she trusted. He was running the ranch as ranch boss according to Isidro. MOO, he appeared invested in the idea of getting his hands on Dia's estate. He was the last person to see Dia. LE went all the way out to NM looking for evidence.

The children were in a financial battle with Dia before this even happened, so it's not like they don't care to lose an inheritance. We barely hear a peep out of them for a year about their mother missing. They expected to reap from her death, that's why Dia kept saying don't let them get my estate, and they're fighting her legal changes. Sadly, Dia was afraid of her son, we've heard several times. Her children have had big money snatched out of their hands and they aren't letting it go without a legal battle with KH. If I try to follow the money, these are the key players. Who hoped to benefit?

Sure, there could be investors for a huge project like Candlelight wanting it to move forward. They could be cartel or big growers working to gain further use of her properties without Dia around. MOO, still have to look at the key players for the connection.

It's been too quiet on this thread. Please know, I only give my opinion, but really appreciate hearing everyone else's thoughts and opinions. No one person can carry a thread alone. I think it's great we have some Verified Insiders here... and Thank You for being here. I hope you will continue sharing your thoughts because we all want so much to see Justice for Dia.
We might be talking about different grows here. DF says: « they were growing illegally on the property near Dia ». That could be a grow in the San Jacinto wilderness (public land) just next to Bonita Vista ranch, the problem being that they tapped into her water supply (the Cartridge spring that feeds into the pond). The story that she asked them to leave and they came back does not seem to apply to the Sky High ranch.
It sounds like you're from around there going by how you know the area well, and also the name you're using here. I don't know that area hardly at all. Oh, I've been to Agua Caliente and Salton Sea before though.

I looked for the Cartridge springs, but couldn't find it on the map. Is there that much water in this drought? I would love to hear your opinion of where you think Dia can be found. KH said Lake Hemet, but that seems maybe too populated. What about the Salton Sea area?
upload_2022-4-30_18-8-24.pngupload_2022-4-30_18-11-2.png
Do you think the illegal growers did this to Dia without any connection to KH becoming Trustee of the ranch?
...Dia argued with LE and the fire department because of the time delay in them coming to her properties. I am confident they wanted to shut her up or at least were glad she was gone.

iMO there is corruption in Riverside LE. That, IMO is clear.
I appreciate all you can share about Dia. When did she argue with the Fire Dept.? Sometime ago? Was it that bad an argument that they would team up with LE to thwart the investigation?

Do you believe that some LE people are getting a share of financial gain and/or benefits by being involved with the people who perhaps set up this premeditated plan to gain Dia's estate? I'll ask and you decide whether you want to answer this and to what extent-- I sense it's possible there really is corruption, but it's not that clear. What makes you say that?

Just my opinion but as I stated before.....Dia's ranch is way back in there. There are plenty of places a person (KH) could have taken her body and disposed of it without driving out to the main road. And once you get to the main road there are endless places he could have disposed of her. If KH told me Hemet Lake I'd look on the moon first. I feel and I've always felt that he knows exactly where she is. So far LE has not made a move so I'm thinking they don't have enough to move forward. Still hoping that one day the entire story and all evidence will come out. For now we have no direction...but things can change.

I’m not “local” but very familiar with Apple Canyon. One water draw on the East flank of the San Jacinto Mountains flows into Dia’s property. Dia told me 5 years before she disappeared that she met heavily armed guys in camouflage gear on the edge of her property. Because of Covid, trails, camping grounds, centers were closed in the area. Little or no traffic.
I don’t necessarily believe in plots or conspiracies or obvious suspects, even though KH seems like one.
Her murder and the transfer of property might be unrelated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back