CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020 #2

I know LE had more info and evidence than we know about but it's sure starting to feel like this guy got away with it. And the second female as well. It would be a great day if a solid arrest were made....but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I am truly hopeful that this final agreement will include a clause that states any involved party would forfeit their "share" of the proceeds should they be found responsible for Dia's disappearance and/or death.

Agreed. That was included in the August 2022 draft term sheet, signed by all parties.

8. After 3 years, or upon court order, split is 50%( Harper)/ 25%( Clinton)/ 25%( Crisara)
9. Perpetrators disinherited if found to have been involved in Dia Abrams' s death/ disappearance

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/Abrams_settlement_declaration.pdf (see pages 7 and 8)

This entire deal makes me sick. It wreaks of injustice for Dia. How can mankind be so cruel.
I honestly think LE would love to break this one. But I also believe as I said before that KH planned this way ahead and made sure everything was in place before he made the call claiming that Dia was missing. I never got a confirmation that Dia was seen on property the day she vanished. If not, he could have done away with her earlier and covered his tracks for days before he made the call. Otherwise he may have had it all lined up and had an accomplice who took her quick and fast and on cue. MOO.....I have a lot of trouble believing he got rid of her moments before making the call....to fast, to sloppy and too great a chance of making a mistake. I wish I could see the evidence in this case...maybe some day.

Also, after reading above. Is it clear that KH will get the ranch at some point as in own it? If so, he'll transfer it to his son the second it's legal. They would do this before it can be contested if Dia is found or it is found that they are responsible for her death. I also thought it odd that KH was quoted as saying to the hired help (that he fired before she vanished) that he hoped he lived another 5 years. Five years is the time someone is missing before they are declared dead...no? Coincidence?

Also, after reading above. Is it clear that KH will get the ranch at some point as in own it? If so, he'll transfer it to his son the second it's legal. They would do this before it can be contested if Dia is found or it is found that they are responsible for her death. I also thought it odd that KH was quoted as saying to the hired help (that he fired before she vanished) that he hoped he lived another 5 years. Five years is the time someone is missing before they are declared dead...no? Coincidence?

I thought it was 7 years before they are declared dead...

I honestly think LE would love to break this one. But I also believe as I said before that KH planned this way ahead and made sure everything was in place before he made the call claiming that Dia was missing. I never got a confirmation that Dia was seen on property the day she vanished. If not, he could have done away with her earlier and covered his tracks for days before he made the call. Otherwise he may have had it all lined up and had an accomplice who took her quick and fast and on cue. MOO.....I have a lot of trouble believing he got rid of her moments before making the call....to fast, to sloppy and too great a chance of making a mistake. I wish I could see the evidence in this case...maybe some day.
I think that law enforcement is stumped because there are more people involved. I don't believe that it was sloppy either, it was highly coordinated and planned for a long time. Once she signed over the papers she signed her death warrant. Who knows who was/is behind the scene on this one? Someone else did the corpse disposal, Keith Harper is too incompetent to pull that off himself. He is not very bright, reading his deposition, and he is pretty old. Dia was strong. This murder was a team effort.

In the images below, when Dia goes missing Diane Fedder immediately claims to be the power of attorney and says to have all information and details go to her. She sets up a sale to sell Dia's stuff right after she goes missing. Diane Fedder claims she will hire a private detective. To my knowledge a private detective was never hired by Keith Harper and/or Diane Fedder. Keith Harper only ever mentions the free psychic service that he used. Diane Fedder then claims that "we have offered a reward for her return." The only reward that was put out was from Keith Harper of $10,000 "for her safe return." They knew that she was never going to return safely.

Some of the items listed seem very valuable.

Diane Fedder says the police have no leads, right when Dia disappeared the police issued search warrants on Keith Harper, it would be incorrect to state that after Dia went missing there were absolutely "no leads." Diane Fedder being an ex-secret service agent, knowing about Keith Harper's sex offender status and him fleeing the scene, his statements that he was the last person to see her alive, and him being the supposed "spouse", I would imagine that it wouldn't be difficult for an ex-law enforcement official to see that there was at least one lead but she aligns herself with Keith Harper by claiming they issued a reward and were hiring a private detective. So it would make sense that she would try to sweep Keith Harper being a lead under the rug and keep the situation and her partnership with Keith Harper hush hush, pretending "there is nothing to see here."

In my humble opinion, they committed this murder together, and had the help of others as well on the corpse disposal.

Attachments

• POA.jpg
    POA.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 38
  • GS.jpg
    GS.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 33
  • GS2.jpg
    GS2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 32
  • R.jpg
    R.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 32
  • GS3.jpg
    GS3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I think that law enforcement is stumped because there are more people involved. I don't believe that it was sloppy either, it was highly coordinated and planned for a long time. Once she signed over the papers she signed her death warrant. Who knows who was/is behind the scene on this one? Someone else did the corpse disposal, Keith Harper is too incompetent to pull that off himself. He is not very bright, reading his deposition, and he is pretty old. Dia was strong. This murder was a team effort.
I will pose this question. What if all parties in the settlement were involved in Dia's disappearance in some capacity? Personally this is what this case wreaks of... I do not trust any of them.

Buttersbetter will be joining the discussion shortly. They have been verified as an insider in this discussion. As a VI they are not required to provide links to what they state as fact related to this case, but in all other respects they are held to the same TOS as all other members.

Please treat our VI with respect at all times. Members may ask questions but it is up to a VI if they wish to answer them or are able to answer them. It is always up to members to determine for themselves how much weight to give to information provided. Regardless, do not argue with a verified member. If you disagree with something they have to contribute, just scroll on by.

Thank you to Buttersbetter for joining the discussion and to all other members who are here to discuss the case.

Buttersbetter,

Welcome. I am sure we all appreciate you taking the time and your bravery in joining the conversation. I believe everyone here wants justice for Dia and Jodi and would be very interested in what you have to say. That being said, do not feel any pressure to say anything at all or reveal anything you aren’t comfortable with. Hopefully we can all somehow get answers out of law enforcement and we can get the truth. Thank you!!!!

I will pose this question. What if all parties in the settlement were involved in Dia's disappearance in some capacity? Personally this is what this case wreaks of... I do not trust any of them.
Thank You for voicing that, @Sun Spot. It's exactly what I've been thinking. Hey, it's a logical assumption if this settlement goes through and they're all happy taking their cut. No way would I agree to a settlement like that if it was my loved one and I thought the guilty parties would get away with it plus get a cut. Nobody seems to be fighting for Justice for Dia, but all are willing and eager to split up her estate. All MOO.

Thursday, March 23rd:
*Probate Settlement Hearing (@ 8:45am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found. DOB 7/6/54).
*Children of Abram’s request to remove Harper as trustee of ranch & other estate properties.
Crisara Abrams is the sole trustee of the Clem Abrams Trust on 5/27/22.
Info on disappearance & probate court info 6/6/20 thru 11/1/22 reference post #448 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rams-65-idyllwild-6-jun-2020-2.592392/page-23

11/16/22 Update: David Vreeland Humphrey, Jr is present telephonically, representing Keith Harper. Other appearance notes: Courtney Sorensen, is present telephonically, representing Clinton Abrams & Crisara Abrams, who are also present telephonically. Richard Munro is present telephonically. Ex Parte Application is called for hearing. Issues discussed with the Court. Continuance requested by David Humphrey. Argument presented by Courtney Sorensen. Argument presented by David Humphrey. Court finds & orders: Court deems Ex Parte Application to be the noticed Motion for Approval of Term Sheet or Alternatively for Suspension of Trustee & appointment of Temporary Trustee. Hearing re: Motion for Approval of Term Sheet or Alternatively for Suspension of Trustee & appointment of Temporary Trustee set on 12/20/22 at 8:45am in Dept. PS3. Further Opposition to the Motion to be filed & served on or before 12/6/22. Reply to Opposition to be filed & served on or before 12/14/22.
12/20/22 Update: “I'll do my best to appoint the guardian ad litem in the next two days,” said Judge during Tuesday morning's hearing. The probate court battle appeared close to settlement in early August 2022 following mediation talks. All parties signed a settlement "term sheet" dated August 5. But Harper's attorney died unexpectedly on August 31, before the parties could sign off on a final settlement agreement. Harper hired a new attorney & then filed papers in court opposing the settlement, arguing the term sheet was nothing more than “mere bullet points” & was unenforceable as a legal agreement. On Tuesday, Judge disagreed. “My tentative decision would be to enter a judgment on the term agreement.” The ruling was “tentative” because the settlement agreement must now be reviewed by the new guardian ad litem appointed to represent Abrams.
1/3/23 Update: Court makes the following orders: Pursuant to Pr C § 1003(a)(5), the court appoints Jack B. Osborn guardian ad litem of Lydia Kenshalo Abrams to represent her interests as settler in this matter, having found that as a “missing person” her interests would otherwise be inadequately represented. Notice to be given by Clerk to Matthew R Owens, Wilfred M. Wright, Julia E. Burt, David Vreeland Humphrey, Jr, & Jack Osborn per Honorable John G. Evans, Judge.
1/5/23 Update: All matters related to this case, petitions, settlement dispute, etc., continued to 3/23/23 @ 8:45am so the new guardian ad litem can get up to speed.

Judge approves settlement agreement in Riverside County Probate Court in the estate of Dia Kenshalo Abrams, who went missing from her ranch near Idyllwild on June 6, 2020. Court hearing held on March 23, 2023. Settlement includes the appointment of co-trustee to "liquidate and monetize all assets with court approval." Current trustee, Keith Harper, to remain as co-trustee with limited powers. From proceeds of sale, a $300K reward will be posted for information leading to "the arrest and conviction of any person who is complicit in Dia's disappearance or death."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back