CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by YaYa_521, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

The latest interview with her son on the one-year anniversary of Dia’s disappearance was so good to see. Respect and kudos to our favorite investigative reporter David Gotfredson for keeping Dia in the news.

Interesting to finally see and hear from her son. Some people don’t show their emotions, and I guess he’s one of them. He can state his mom was probably murdered without distress showing in his face at thought of it. -Just my opinion-

(@Curious Me, do you mean that black dome shaped appliance with a flat top and a dial in the front? I think that’s an air fryer, with a blinking light. I don’t have one, but very popular these days, it seems.)

@adot0902: Regarding where you said:
    I agree with you that it seems a bit irregular. At the NationalNotary.org site it says: “Attorneys are paid to be advocates for their clients, a role that violates notarial impartiality. That's why it is always best and safest for lawyers to have another Notary notarize documents for their clients, regardless of what state law says.”
    https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2009/07/hotline-tip-attorney-notaries-notarizing-clients

adot0902, CatsMeoww, jash and 2 others like this.

2. Curious Me

Curious Me Who When Where What Why & How

I appreciate you trying to answer. I took a screen shot of it and it looks like either a water purifier or coffee maker. There's a cup where water is dripping down.
    upload_2021-6-10_17-32-10.png
    I gave that some thought . It's true, it is irregular; however, in May 2020 Covid-19 was hitting hard and restrictions were in place. I imagine the attorney's office staff / notary was working from home. Now, that there's so much attention on that questionable signing, it does make it look unprofessional.

I don't know... it was during the height of Covid. I wonder if his office has cameras to confirm it was really Dia.

3. Curious Me

Please, if you haven't, please read some of Dia's petition and her children's opposition to helping her get what some would believe was her fair share after being married to her spouse for that long. I don't believe her husband had her best interest at heart, and JMO, setting up the Trusts like that may have further alienated the children from their mother. It gave her children too much power over her. All MOO at this point. The paperwork connected to the Court Battle Dia had with her own adult children is within my post below.

4. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ^This document above is in the original quoted post#703 page#36 this thread. Notice the flamboyant signature "Dia Abrams" from 2020.

Screenshot_20210610-182722_Drive.jpg
    ^This signature is from page 11/80 of the 2019 lawsuit .pdf link in this post #716 on page#36 of this thread:
    CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Screenshot_20210610-184758_Drive.jpg
    ^This signature is from October 1984 for the PreNup found on page 20/80 of the same lawsuit .pdf.

I'm sorry I have not read the entire thread and all the voluminous supporting documents, so this may have been pointed out already: but those are NOT the same signature. I don't even believe the earliest 1984 one matches the last 2020 notarized one in many respects, although the last 2020 one looks like an attempt to follow that style.

Did Lydia ever have a stroke or injury that would impair her writing?

5. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you. IMO, the 2020 signature is not Dia's. MOO MOO

6. Curious Me

Yes, IMO, watching it again I really noticed how unemotional, rather cold, and rehearsed he sounds. To me nothing he says is coming from his heart. But JMO.

Watching again-- At the 3:32 mark
    DG asks-- can you personally talk about your efforts to find your Mom? What have you done over the last year?
    CA answers-- we hired multiple private investigators, multiple attorneys... We really launched a full throttle effort to find her.

then Clinton says-- "Unfortunately, it hasn't yielded the precise results we intended. I hope that changes very swiftly and that's the purpose of this interview."

You'd think after what Clinton calls a full throttle effort by PI's and Attorneys that they would notice some of the things we do here.

BBM

7. stuntpuppy

stuntpuppy Well-Known Member

So strange the Notary Signature at the bottom looks strangley like Dias at the top! Much more so than the three of Dia's look alike. Look at the "D" in both. It almost looks like the Notary signed for Dia...has to be a coincidence...right? Don't want to go down a rabbit hole here but it caught my eye....They do look more alike than the the three that are supposed to be Dia's. As pointed out the three supposed Dia signatures don't look like the same person. But the two on the document, one of the Notary and one of that is supposed to be Dia's look like somewhat the same person, Even though I see differences it kind of looks strange...one is sweeping forward and one is more upright but, there are similarities. Frankly all three of the Dia signatures look different...a lot different! That can happen though...mine is vastly different from the old days. I'm climbing out of my own self constructed rabbit hole now....I'm sure LE has looked this over many times. After all...the motive here would be MONEY!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Denisedyann, Curious Me, jash and 4 others like this.
  8. stuntpuppy

It looks like the Notary's writing...how weird is that....Let's hope KH is as dumb as he has been in the past when it comes to breaking the law. I have to think that Law Enforcement is smarter than this guy. I know they won't come for him until they have a solid case. He can only be one trial for murder and if he slips loose he wins. I have to believe that LE is still on this and maybe keeping it on the low to give KH a false sense of security.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Lilibet, SandyQLS, CatsMeoww and 3 others like this.
  9. stuntpuppy

I agree...some of you folks have done a great job of tracking down info...If I was LE I'd look it all over and see if I missed something that people who took the time to investigate and post might have caught. IF the case has stalled a bit maybe something new or a different theory can get it going again in the right direction....

10. SandyQLS

Thank you for pointing that out about the specific capital letter D.

The 1984 D begins low on the line, up the spine, down to the line, and large flourish loop to the right and back over the top, with the pen never leaving the paper.

The 2020 D is made the same way the notary D is made. The spine is a short, separate pen stroke, then the pen is lifted from the paper. With the second pen stroke the large flourish loop begins at the top, going down on the right, at the bottom it continues left until it forms an upward & over to the right small loop.

Totally different D formation IMO MOO all amateur speculation.

11. Curious Me

Something you saw bothered you and you may be on to something. It doesn't seem at all professional for the attorney to notarize the document he prepared. Now the D's look the same!
    ^^^Take a look at those D's.
    Wow, thank you so much for pointing that out, @stuntpuppy. That can't be a coincidence. These things with the attorney/notary are adding up. I see from his business site that he has been practicing a long time. But something doesn't seem right. Yes, I didn't notice some things right away, but I'm not LE or being paid to solve this case. Now that I see it, I can't overlook it... it's hinky. JMO.
    You don't think the same person signed both then? Wow, they look so similar to me, but my eyesight has been giving me problems lately. Still, I hope LE has someone looking closely at the day Dia signed those papers.

12. ILikeToBendPages

ILikeToBendPages Well-Known Member

One question I have is why is Dia's Kenshalo Abrams listed as trustor but signed off as just Dia Abrams just like the trustee signature.

13. ILikeToBendPages

ILikeToBendPages Well-Known Member

If Lydia is her legal name why is "Dia", her nickname, used in it's place? I've never seen a legal document that doesn't use the person real legal name.

14. SandyQLS

I don't think the 1984 and 2020 Dia letter D's are the same. But the 2020 notary letter D used the same pen strokes as the 2020 Dia letter D, which is odd. So I am agreeing with you and @stuntpuppy, I think. :)

15. Sun Spot

Sun Spot Verified Insider - Lydia "Dia" Abrams case

MOO, It is my opinion and my opinion only.
    1) I do not believe Clinton Abrams story about much of anything in the interview with David Gotfredson. There is decades of history that do not match Clinton Abrams narrative.
    2) I do not believe much of anything of the story of Keith Harper or Diana Fedder.
    3) I do not believe that LE has the entire story.
    4) There are no winners in this entire sequence of decade long events.
    5) I would suggest we disect the Clinton Abrams interview in a forensic manner.
    6) Hopefully Isidro has conveyed all of his knowledge of the situations to LE.

16. stuntpuppy

In Clint's interview I was expecting a plea to find her and for more information but I was a bit confused by his lingo and emotionless overall showing. He seemed very dry and without feeling. Maybe he he has come to the conclusion that she's gone and he dealt with it. Not sure...All and all... it's been a disapointing chain of events. I feel the loss of the life of a good woman has been treated like a bad soap opera. Everyone seems to be zzzzzzzzz and without passion. Breaks my heart.....At least the folks on this board are engaged and looking for answers. So sorry Dia....you deserved better my dear.

17. Canadianmom2three

Canadianmom2three Well-Known Member

MOO
    For me when I heard Clint's interview I felt pretty good over all with it. I can totally see that maybe his personality type and maybe being raised by a business man and being one himself he may come across less emotional. He is probably used to being all business and no emotion (some men in my family are this way) But I don't think it's totally out of the norm for someone to deal with things in this way. He seems to want to come across very professional and educated and he is well spoken. I am not 100% sure that there was NO hurt feelings with all the court stuff going on before Dia went missing, but I don't think it's not possible that things were being working out or 'ok' that way too. It would really depend on the dynamics of the family and such IMO

Again - MOO

18. stuntpuppy

To me it felt like he could have been a bit more to the point of asking for help form anyone who might know something. Didn't sound like any sort of plea to me for help. He was very a matter of fact. Yes, maybe that's just his way but he had an opportunity there as her son to reach out to the public for help and I feel he did not make much use of it. Also, is there a reward? with millions of dollars of property on the line that KH could sink his claws into you would think there would be a large bounty out for information that could stop that from happening. They seem to have the money....did I miss a reward someplace?

adot0902, Niner, jash and 3 others like this.
  19. Curious Me

IIRC, and I'll try to find a link to support this-- KH offered a $10,000 reward for a safe return of Dia. (But JMO... he'd know a safe return would be impossible if he was the one that disappeared her. There's a difference in how it's worded-- he wasn't offering it for information.)

(Yeah, he offered that much money, but then tried to get a refund on those boots she purchased.)

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think Dia's adult children offered any reward, to this day, to find their mother or for info to help solve this case.

Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com
    Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
    Published: 8:50 PM PDT August 25, 2020
    Updated: 12:11 AM PDT August 26, 2020

"Harper said he is offering a $10,000 for the safe return of Abrams."

LaLaw2000, stuntpuppy and Niner like this.
  20. stuntpuppy

Good point..."Safe Return" While he feverishly looks for the love of his life himself...NOT! He makes bold claims like we were going to get married and what not knowing Dia is never going to able to call him on it. I mean really. If you met the love of your life and you were living together sharing each day and talking of marriage would you just write that person off? Not look for them? Not look for answers? HE KNOWS...HE KNOWS WHERE SHE IS. Everything this guys says and does makes me feel he knows EXACTLY where she is. And always referring to her in past tense from day one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.