Status
Not open for further replies.

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Local woman Dia Abrams is missing • Idyllwild Town Crier
June 10, 2020
Dia-421x420.jpg

• last seen Saturday, June 6th around 2 p.m.
  • 58000 block of Bonita Vista in the city of Idyllwild [sic]
  • missing from her ranch off Apple Canyon Road in Mountain Center.
  • blonde hair
  • around 5’4” tall
  • wearing blue jeans, a yellow shirt and a black multi-colored windbreaker
  • heading to the Garner Valley area
  • vehicle, handbag, keys and cell phone were still at her home

Detailed article:
Friends and family of missing woman remain hopeful | Valley News
06-19-20-ANZA-Missing-woman-DSphotos-1.jpg

Riverside County Sheriff's Department Investigating Several Disappearances In Idyllwild Area
Six people now confirmed missing in area • Idyllwild Town Crier

Last edited:
Hi, I've been posting about this on the other thread related to the missing 6 (then 4 after 2 were found). I'll try to copy and paste my other posts on this thread.

Here's another map of the area:
Apple Canyon Campground

This is where the address for the ranch estate is located:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Here's the ranch estate web site - acreage is stated as 116:
http://www.bonitavistaranchestate.com/

I found the above link for the ranch web site on this site:
Bonita Vista Ranch Estate - The Knot

Here's an interesting Air BNB listing for the ranch:
Bonita Vista Ranch Bed and Breakfast (3 rooms) - Bed and breakfasts for Rent in Mountain Center, California, United States

Here's an interesting real estate listing for a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath property at the same address, with the ranch estate photos, that sold on June 18,2020
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - realtor.com®

Here's another real estate listing:
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA - 2 beds/2.5 baths

Here's a description of the property as 'Agricultural Land with Single Family Residential', the acreage is listed as 35.13:
https://www.propertyshark.com/mason...111-Bonita-Vista-Rd-Mountain-Center-CA-92561/

Lydia Abrams was supposed to get married. I wonder if someone didn't want that to happen?
Families want answers after 5 people go missing in Idyllwild area since March | KTLA

Per the Riverside County Assessor it looks like there are 3 residential buildings: 1 house built in 1945, 1 house built in 1960, and 1 garage on the 35 acre section of the property.
Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder > Property Search > Valuation

According to Realtor.com above, the one sold was built in 1945, & has 2.5 baths. That would be building 1. I don't know who it was sold to.

There are other buildings on the rest of the acreage which I guess is considered commercial (?). Some buildings (? 2) appear to be used for Air BNB rentals per that link above from May. And then there's the wedding business.

Per Sheriff's flyer: "Last seen in the 58000 block of Bonita Vista...."
Per article (appears to be per friends/family): "Abrams was heading toward the Garner Valley area...."
Friends and family of missing woman remain hopeful | Valley News

"Garner Valley is the land between the San Jacinto Mountains to the north and Rouse Ridge-Thomas Mountain to the south. Keen Camp Summit (4,900 feet) bounds it on the northwestern edge to the southwest where Highway 371 meets Highway 74 at Paradise Corners."
Garner Valley

"Garner Valley is a neighborhood located in Mountain Center in Riverside County, California.
The land that rests between the San Jacinto Mountains and the Rouse Ridge-Thomas Mountain is where you will find the beautiful neighborhood of Garner Valley. To the northwest you will find Keen Camp Summit and to the southwest is where Highway 371 connects to Highway 74 at Paradise Corners." (bolded emphasis is mine)
Garner Valley Homes for Sale

I just did the following on Google Maps to show that IF she was really seen on Bonita Vista Rd AND was heading 'toward' the Garner Valley area she would have been heading West. The Sheriff's dept does not report that she was seen on Apple Canyon Rd. And the 58000 block of Bonita Vista Rd is where the ranch is, East of Apple Canyon Rd.
خرائط ‪Google

Here's another real estate listing for the Bonita Vista Ranch with more photos and a link to a virtual tour. The listing indicates there are 4 wells on the property so I hope those were searched.
"Boasting (4) wells,...":
https://www.trulia.com/p/ca/mountai...vista-rd-mountain-center-ca-92561--2080838726
The virtual tour can also directly be accessed on YouTube:

Due to COVID-19 restrictions large wedding venues haven't been able to operate as usual. Looked like they turned to Air BNB rentals for income.

I called the phone # for the Bonita Vista Ranch Estate wedding venue and there was a voice-mail recording by a women who gave her name as Diana (no last name given).
Diana is the contact for the Air BNB rental:
Vacation Rentals, Homes, Experiences & Places - Airbnb

Here are reviews for the properties Diana is involved with. "Dia" is mentioned in the earlier reviews. Some of the reviews are titled Garner Valley Mountain retreat, but some of the descriptions sound like the Ranch.
Diana's Profile - Airbnb

I found the house that matches the photo of the Garner Valley Mountain Retreat for sale on Realtor.com and Zillow:
36581 Tool Box Springs Rd, Mountain Center, CA, 92561 | realtor.com®
36581 Tool Box Springs Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 | MLS #219040600 | Zillow

I decided to call the Hemet Sheriff's office and report the address of the property, and the association with 'Dia' just in case they aren't aware. I spoke to a 'dispatcher' who said she'd pass along the information. They probably already know but there's no mention in the news that any property other than the Ranch was searched so just in case......

Thanks for posting all this info regarding Dia. It’s so quiet. I can’t find any social media posts of people asking “where is she?”

I did note that she is 14 years younger than her (deceased) husband. I was trying to determine how long they were married.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Bonita Vista Ranch AirBnB page property description:

Bonita Vista Ranch was built in the 1930's beginning with the "1930's Rustic Cabin". Later, Bonita Vista Ranch House was constructed. The Ranch House boasts 3 rooms with en-suite. Each room can be rented separately (BNB) or all 3 together. Price listed is for all 3.
*Please note that your host lives in the home but in a room separate away from the others.
*Continental breakfast served in AM
*Children under 12 not recommended inside Ranch House as it is NOT Kid friendly.

The space
There is a gated entrance, a pond you can swim in, ducks to feed, an apple orchard, hiking trails and creeks and a pool to swim in. We also have paddle boats available for use and some farm animals to interact with.

Please note that we are at a high elevation in the San Jacinto Mountains. Due to the 20 degree cooler temperatures than down the hill, homes in the area do not have air conditioning as it is not necessary. There are fans to circulate the air, and with the windows open it gets cool in the evenings.

Guest access
Each guest will have their own bedroom and bathroom

Other things to note
This is a working ranch, so on occasion you may hear a tractor or the farm animals.
There is another home on the property available on Airbnb. If you wish to have a more private home, the Rustic 1930s Cabin may be what you are looking for. It can sleep six. Please visit Airbnb.com/h/Rustic1930sCabinintheMountains

There’s some more, different descriptions for the other couple properties that are listed on Dia’s AirBnB profile page.. some may find it might be worth reading them... as each tell a little more about how the whole property/estate seems to be ran and managed.
I’m quoting just the one description from Dia’s Bonita Vista Ranch listing here, because of the %c&p rule.

Hi, I've been posting about this on the other thread related to the missing 6 (then 4 after 2 were found). I'll try to copy and paste my other posts on this thread.

Here's another map of the area:
Apple Canyon Campground

This is where the address for the ranch estate is located:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Here's the ranch estate web site - acreage is stated as 116:
http://www.bonitavistaranchestate.com/

I found the above link for the ranch web site on this site:
Bonita Vista Ranch Estate - The Knot

Here's an interesting Air BNB listing for the ranch:
Bonita Vista Ranch Bed and Breakfast (3 rooms) - Bed and breakfasts for Rent in Mountain Center, California, United States

Here's an interesting real estate listing for a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath property at the same address, with the ranch estate photos, that sold on June 18,2020
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - realtor.com®

Here's another real estate listing:
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA - 2 beds/2.5 baths

Here's a description of the property as 'Agricultural Land with Single Family Residential', the acreage is listed as 35.13:
https://www.propertyshark.com/mason...111-Bonita-Vista-Rd-Mountain-Center-CA-92561/

Lydia Abrams was supposed to get married. I wonder if someone didn't want that to happen?
Families want answers after 5 people go missing in Idyllwild area since March | KTLA
Looking at the real estate listing above, the property sold for less than $250,000 recently but the 2019 tax assessment value of the home was 1.1 MILLION. ???

I’m starting to think she might not be missing. I looked on Facebook and found two profiles. The profile pics look to both be her. The “about” section of the Lydia Abrams page listed what I thought were some unusual groups.

It could explain the strange real estate transaction (low selling price), plus the fact that the transaction happened after she was reported missing.

I would love to know who reported her missing. Articles I read said “family” reported her missing. What family? Did her fiancé live with her?

Lydia "Dia" Abrams now has her own thread. I'm moving a few posts over from the other thread. Please read through them if you're just joining the thread. I've bolded some sections. This new info only makes me more concerned about Dia meeting with some kind of foul play.
Thanks! Hopefully we can solve part of the puzzle here. I wish I could help my friend Dia.

On another note, I did find out about some rather terrifying events she experienced with an immediate family member in the past and lived in fear the last four years.

Welcome PomMom :)
I'm glad to see a friend of Dia's here. She looks like such a lovely person. I really want her to be found safe. I don't know if that is possible because as time goes on her disappearance has become a real mystery. The search for her has turned too quiet.

I tend to think she didn't wander off. MOO, I worry there might have been foul play involved in her being missing. Some one causing fear in her life does not sound good. Perhaps she ran off to safety?

PomMom, you might want to become a Verified Insider on this thread. It would allow you to share more without it having to be linked to a news source.

I don't know how one becomes a Verified Insider. The link below may help, or you could write a mod a post here and press Report at the bottom of your post. In any case, Welcome.

VERIFIED Professional and Local Posters

The information that I received from Dia and I’s mutual friend was that she was planning to drive to San Diego/La Jolla on June 6, the day she disappeared. She was expected in San Diego that day but never arrived. And she NEVER left her house or went anywhere without her dog, even to go check the mail he was always by her side. The dog was still at her home/ranch when she couldn’t be located. This is a big red flag to me and could possibly be a clue that she left the property against her will. Her dog was a ranch dog and appeared to be some type of heeler/herding dog. I think you can see him walking in the shots of her ranch that were shown in the video of her fiancé speaking.

:oops: Sorry, if I wasn't clear.
I meant perhaps a stranger attending a wedding or staying at her Air BnB in the past singled her out for a future kidnapping. There were some past reviews that mentioned Dia, and even now people are leaving Air BnB reviews after staying there this mo. Lots of strangers coming and going. What I'm really most interested in is the person she might have feared for the last four years that was mentioned. She had money someone might have wanted, as well. MOO, this is such an open mystery that needs to be seen from all angles.

Dia's case is now being handled by the homicide division, Case # D201590018. What would that indicate for her? Please share your insights.

MOO and BBM

Former La Jolla woman transferred property before disappearing near Idyllwild | cbs8.com

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf

Thank You tvscum for posting the above links. She appeared in front of a notary on a Friday, May 22, 2020. :( Went missing on June 6th.

:oops: Please forgive my Covid Isolation Fog. Plus, I just found out tonight, my younger son, married with his own family, tested Positive for Covid yesterday, so worried Mom here.

I have found the properties, taxes due, holdings, now transfers and trusts all very confusing and a big hot mess for me to figure out. I may ask stupid :rolleyes: questions.

Can anyone please explain what these transfers mean? Did it have anything to do with her future marriage plans? Doubt it, but got to look at all angles. Was she herself in fear and wanting to get away? Was somebody threatening her or trying to take some of the property? She was afraid of someone for four years, so what's that about?

I don't quite understand if these legal transfers place the property from her name to the irrevocable trust in which she is a beneficiary of the trust. Was there a Lien on any of it? Was this to just keep the property in a safe holding pattern for then?

Appears to be an old 2016 trust, which makes me think the new fiance was not named in it. However, the trust could have been updated by Dia over the years/months/weeks/days to add beneficiaries. Also, it is a UDT trust, which I must admit I do not quite understand. Seems to mean Dia is the grantor and trustee:
What Does UDT Stand for in a Trust?

Appears to be an old 2016 trust, which makes me think the new fiance was not named in it. However, the trust could have been updated by Dia over the years/months/weeks/days to add beneficiaries. Also, it is a UDT trust, which I must admit I do not quite understand. Seems to mean Dia is the grantor and trustee:
Thanks. It helped some, but I feel in over my head trying to grasp what this has to do with Dia being missing. All along I've worried she met with foul play and more so now. I hope all her friends and true loved ones speak up about what they know if they suspect someone did her harm.

"UDT is an abbreviation for “under declaration of trust,” which is the legal language used in some trust instruments to indicate that the grantor is both creating the trust and controlling its assets. When a trust is created under declaration of trust, the grantor and the trustee are the same party. Most personal trusts are trusts under agreement, or "UA," in which the grantor and the trustee are different parties."
I don't quite understand if these legal transfers place the property from her name to the irrevocable trust in which she is a beneficiary of the trust. Was there a Lien on any of it? Was this to just keep the property in a safe holding pattern for then?
I wanted to correct / edit my own post, but wasn't able to after 60 minutes. I said irrevocable, but I believe it was a revocable UAD trust. It seems it had something to do with changing it to owner occupied. For refinancing?
upload_2020-8-19_22-40-26.png
This was checked.
upload_2020-8-19_22-44-44.png
MOO, there's got to be some connection to Dia making these legal changes and her disappearance 15 days later. What was her intentions making these changes?

MOO and BBM

Thanks for posting all this info regarding Dia. It’s so quiet. I can’t find any social media posts of people asking “where is she?”

I did note that she is 14 years younger than her (deceased) husband. I was trying to determine how long they were married.

I know we can’t sleuth the fiancé but he isn’t noted anywhere on her FB page. On her Christmas post, no one says “happy holidays to both of you.”

Her husband died in Dec. 2018. They were married 35 years, at least that's what it states in his obituary... Survived by his wife and two children.

I understand why you're asking such pertinent questions. Snooping social media can be telling. Lots of beautiful land pics, but not any fiancé pics and none of the family. Fiancé said they had a wedding date set. A family member reported her missing, as it said in an earlier news article. Which family member reported her missing? Have they been on the news yet?

Clem Abrams 1940 - 2019 - Obituary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member