CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, August 31st:
*Probate Court Hearing (@ 8:45am PT in Palm Springs) - CA – Lydia “Dia” W. Kenshalo Abrams (65) (last seen @ 2:30pm June 6, 2020 from her 117-acre Bonita Vista Ranch, in a remote area east of Mountain Center, Idyllwild; vehicle, handbag, keys & cell phone still at home. Not found).
Info on disappearance & court info thru 1/11/21 reference post #665 here:
CA - CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

3/14/21: Dia’s children (Clinton & Crisara) have filed (on 2/26/21) a petition (#PRIN2100297): For Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust: Petition to confirm Trust property; to compel production of accounting & Trust records; for removal of Trustees (Harper & Fedder); for subcharge damages for breach of fiduciary duty; for double damages; and attorney’s fees & costs. Probate hearing in Palm Springs (Riverside County) on 5/13/21 @ 8:45am.
5/13/21 Update: Probate hearing was rescheduled to 7/21 & 7/22/21. 7/21/21 Update: Probate hearing continues on 7/22/21. 7/22/21 Update: Hearing on 1st Amended Petition for Conveyance or Transfer of Property claimed to belong to decedent or other person. Judge John G. Evans presiding. At a hearing on 721/21 Judge John G. Evans consolidated the 3 cases & set a future hearing for 8/31/21 at 8:45am.
Thanks, Niner! Shoutout to @davidgotfredson at News8: Can you find out what happened today in court? Please and thank you!

Case dockets were not properly consolidated. Hearing continued to Nov 17 @ 8:45am.
Thank You. Continued on Nov. 17th @ 8:45 a.m.
Most of this was covered before, but we have to keep trying remember details, as it gets postponed further out.
Of interest to note:
#4 Diana Fedder declined to serve as a trustee of the trust
#7 never any elder abuse
#8 daughter deleted under 2016 trust and also 2020 amended
#9 Dia left a note indicating she feared for her life. (this I really want to know more about)

... my eyes are failing me here, and this is in my own words now...

#27 (my words) The children have tried to throw mud at KH, but have never offered to pay any of the expenses or mortgage payments while KH has been maintaining payments and running the ranch for 14 mos.
#28 Children or daughter fails to show current statements. Also tried to stop Toolbox property sale. Also Dia nor anyone else did not authorize marijuana to be grown on the site that plants were seized. In addition, the children must've contacted Airbnb and told them that KH or the situation was dangerous and Airbnb dropped the listings.
blurry eyes... looks like blah, blah, blah ;)

Candlelight Project land taxes et al, has now expired and has anyone followed-up on how that effects the son & partners? IMO, it seems that the son & daughter have far more to lose if the 450 Unit Project dies.
Welcome @WarmSandyBeach! Your 1st post and straight up an interesting one. :) I'm most interested in the project and wondering what the truth is about it. So much effort and investment has already gone into the project. Other than Clem, the children were the only other named partners. There must be an angle I'm just not smart enough to figure out as to why they didn't move it forward. :oops: Was there some kind of environmental objection attached to the project? Seems like they'd profit much more with that project.

Candlelight Project land taxes et al, has now expired and has anyone followed-up on how that effects the son & partners? IMO, it seems that the son & daughter have far more to lose if the 450 Unit Project dies.
I did a quick search for the Candlelight Project. It is huge...the final Environmental Impact Report looks to be 594 pages long. I've made it through (skimmed) 47 pages, and my eyes are glazing over. Nine whole pages of acronyms alone! This final EIR is dated April 2018. Then, there are the Appendices: B -K is another 685 pages of reports, L - S is 420 pages, T has 50 pages, and U -Y, has 185 pages.

This is all to say I haven't yet figured out WTH I'm reading. Unfortunately, there is no "Cliff Notes" page to tell me what, if anything, is happening now. I read about potential impacts on fairy shrimp and burrowing owls, vernal pools, native vegetation, traffic, watershed flooding and trash, but not a whisper about funding, taxes, or Clem Abrams or his children, or Dia.

I'm sure some of you smart folks will have the skills to suss out the facts as they pertain to Dia, but I absolutely do not, so I'm passing the torch. Good reading!

Thank You. Continued on Nov. 17th @ 8:45 a.m.
Most of this was covered before, but we have to keep trying remember details, as it gets postponed further out.
Of interest to note:
#7 never any elder abuse
#8 daughter deleted under 2016 trust and also 2020 amended
#9 Dia left a note indicating she feared for her life. (this I really want to know more about)

... my eyes are failing me here, and this is in my own words now...

#27 (my words) The children have tried to throw mud at KH, but have never offered to pay any of the expenses or mortgage payments while KH has been maintaining payments and running the ranch for 14 mos.
#28 Children or daughter fails to show current statements. Also tried to stop Toolbox property sale. Also Dia nor anyone else did not authorize marijuana to be grown on the site that plants were seized. In addition, the children must've contacted Airbnb and told them that KH or the situation was dangerous and Airbnb dropped the listings.
blurry eyes... looks like blah, blah, blah ;)

Welcome @WarmSandyBeach! Your 1st post and straight up an interesting one. :) I'm most interested in the project and wondering what the truth is about it. So much effort and investment has already gone into the project. Other than Clem, the children were the only other named partners. There must be an angle I'm just not smart enough to figure out as to why they didn't move it forward. :oops: Was there some kind of environmental objection attached to the project? Seems like they'd profit much more with that project.
Interesting indeed, that DF declined to serve as Trustee. Maybe because she moved out of town? Also, I have to admit KH makes a good point about not having access to the Trust for accounting purposes. Seems his hands are tied?

Here's my take on this case

In corporate law, we follow the money. Sometimes it applies to Criminal Homicides; friend & and/or family, sometimes acquaintance, with money attached...Mental Health - unrelated perps, serial/etc, are below 1% in USA according to FBI.

Interesting indeed, that DF declined to serve as Trustee. Maybe because she moved out of town? Also, I have to admit KH makes a good point about not having access to the Trust for accounting purposes. Seems his hands are tied?

MOO I can't shake DF's past career – financial fraud investigator who 'happens' upon such a monied scene? Was she actually retired? Or was she simply astute enough to recognize what was going down and removed herself from danger?

Much thanks for the follow up! Do you have access ot or a copy of the amended petition that KH is responding to? (This is the first reference to "financial elder abuse" I've seen)
Had this saved and it may be of help to you.
This is just my attempt to get some of the links to legal actions all in one post in some type of order.

Dia's Petition:

Pleading Wizard (cbs8.com)

Her Children's Opposition to Petition:
37-2019-00030018-PR-TR-CTL_ROA-17_11-01-19_Objections_Other_1598084000131.pdf (cbs8.com)

Former La Jolla woman transferred property before disappearing near Idyllwild | cbs8.com
The changes Dia made in May 2020:
ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf (google.com)

Family of Idyllwild missing woman seek removal of 'fiancé' as tru | cbs8.com

Dia's adult children's request current trustees removed:
abrams_petition_redacted.pdf (google.com)

Power of Attorney copies submitted to New Mexico court in KH's attempt to get a refund KH wanted from a boot store for a refund on boots Dia bought. (hard to explain)
Abrams_POA2.pdf (google.com)[/QUOTE]

Latest from KH to keep being Trustee. Go to post for link.
Case dockets were not properly consolidated. Hearing continued to Nov 17 @ 8:45am.

(From my previous Post 886) Of interest to note:
*and my own thoughts and MOO on possible reasons and angles

MOO = *she could've moved because of (1) parents or (2) maybe she was involved and scared of LE or KH or some other reason (3) or she turned evidence over to LE and for her safety left town.
#7 never any elder abuse MOO -*just a response to children mud slinging character slander of KH. They mentioned his being a RSO too.
#8 daughter deleted under 2016 trust and also 2020 amended MOO - * this is a bigger deal. I remember the paperwork didn't look complete to me, but as though it was "penciled in" and initialed. Perhaps it was done when Dia was angry at her daughter? It cuts both kids out then.
#9 Dia left a note indicating she feared for her life. (this I really want to know more about) All MOO - *This note fearing for her life was found and taken as evidence by LE when Dia went missing. It must name someone or hint at why she fears for her life. For him, KH, to mention it in his legal paperwork, it reveals to me that it must not be him she was afraid of, but maybe it supports her being afraid of a family member. Of course, KH could've planted it at the scene.

snipped to reply...Ms. Abrams was contesting the original marriage Pre-Nup from 1984? in which she claims to be part of Candle Light Project and listed as property owner of several Clem Abrams estate holdings, legally on paper. I believe Clinton wants access to the Ranch & additional properties to sell and or re-finance to reduce taxes on trust, which is a standard accounting practice....
It's too bad we can't dig deeper into the Candlelight project. So many taxes weren't paid when we were researching in the beginning, and interest accruing. Some kind of loopholes I figure? I can't believe Candlelight won't be continued as there's just too much investment involved and money to be made.

Dia was not listed as one of the owners in Clem's Candlelight project. It's true she was contesting the PreNup she signed years ago. It also contained an request for more money owed her due to a tax law change. The adult children denied her requests in the Probate court papers; however, if I remember correctly, Dia was possibly owed another $6 million had she been granted her request. If the PreNup was disregarded, then she would be in on more properties too. It seems, but JMO, it was still not settled. She felt cheated out of her share of the marital estate and was having a difficult time meeting the expenses of the ranch, etc., If she continued to pursue these matters in court, it was a threat to the financial holdings of the children. ... ... ... All MOO.

I'd like to see that letter. To stress test her penmanship. Someone could've forced her hand.

Is there anything in it, I would ask, that reveals coercion? Heavy hand. Phrasing or naming or anything that's just "off" -- like an eyeblink SOS.

What saddens me as much as anything is that she may have been taken far far from home alive. Murdered and discarded just about anywhere.

Lost but may she not be forgotten.

JMO

...But, when challenging the 1984 Prenuptial Agreement, if successful, Ms. Abrams would now be entitled as spouse and California Family Code & Community Property, one half of all marital assets, subject to Will/Trust specifications, if applicable. I believe Ms. Abrams did petition to challenge the Clem Abrams Trust along with the prenuptial, siting "Unconscionable" & "Duress" due to pregnancy of 1st child prior to marriage,
Great post. The fact is Ms. Abrams wasn't successful in petitioning to have the PreNup invalidated, nor to get the $6 million more from the property tax law change. It looked like the chances of her gaining a share in the marital properties were opposed by her children in Nov. 2019.

I don't know if she was planning on taking it further... if so, yes, that'd be a threat. She'd be cutting into their wealth, and maybe even the Candlelight project. Perhaps the court battles were not over because Dia may have really changed her Trust out of fear and not wanting the children to get any of her estate.

Dia's Petition:
Pleading Wizard (cbs8.com)

Her Children's Opposition to Petition:
37-2019-00030018-PR-TR-CTL_ROA-17_11-01-19_Objections_Other_1598084000131.pdf (cbs8.com)

Pg. 7-- what is the "Unclean Hands Doctrine"??? Just curious. Looks like they even wanted her to pay their attorney fees!

I don't think someone just abducted Ms. Abrams. JMO, I think she may have been murdered. I don't disregard other people with either some other plan or no plan, and have considered property disputes, etc., Like you say though, "follow the money". There's an estate.

I just have questions as to why it doesn't seem planned to go smoothly and conveniently for (1) KH not being married to Ms. Abrams yet, and placing him in an odd position where he's using his own money and fighting to keep his trustee rights. It'd have been smart to wait if a marriage really was going to happen. He'd have known the children would fight him. Unless this had to do with unexpected rage, I can't see this being a smart plan for KH to gain when he's precariously balanced legally. (2) Family members are considered victims here on WS, so I must follow rules. If they were concerned Dia was going to take this further in the courts and did not know Dia had changed her Trust... Is it possible someone was hired to make Dia disappear? I'd guess Yes. It may have been a surprise to find out KH and DF were named. A body not being found is best in either case because it stalls the investigation and limits the evidence as to who is behind it.

Is there some truth to what we've heard of Dia fearing a certain someone? KH came right out and said she feared a family member. But also, even after all this time I must ask, was she really planning to marry KH when some say she didn't trust him either?

In his objection (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/harper-objections-copy-pdf.310926/) KH asserts that Dia did not know about the illegal pot farm at her Sky High Ranch property, and that he was not managing that property/those renters for her (with or without her permission) when she disappeared.

If those are true statements, it exposes another constellation of potential dangers in Dia's life: the renters/growers/investors/owners and hangers-on of that potentially very lucrative marijuana crop. I didn't calculate the street value for the plants that were confiscated from the property, but I know there must have been money invested in it. More money would be required to run it: expensive water bills, astronomical electric bills, security guards/weapons, employee salaries/shares, and more. That harvest represented a lot of somebody's money and time. Who is/are/were the pot people? To what lengths might they go to protect the pot? And having failed to protect it, thereby forfeiting both investment and potential profit, did they just walk away?

Oh, well. Rotten luck, boys. You get less than nothing for all that. Have a nice day!
I don't think that's how it works.
Think I'll check out stuff related to pot farms elsewhere, to see what I can learn about how the whole pot farm biz works. I just don't believe that whole thing is coincidental to Dia's disappearance. Its too big an issue, for me. It bugs me. A lot.

Following the other money, me.
I'll report back what I find.

Was the Candlelight project put on hold BECAUSE of the outstanding taxes? Is it possible it was put on hold because of the pending court case Lydia had to dispute her premarital agreement. Legally, I wonder if the Candlelight project could even move forward until her pending case is resolved because of the links to the trusts, ownerships,etc.

My opinion only.

In his objection (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/harper-objections-copy-pdf.310926/) KH asserts that Dia did not know about the illegal pot farm at her Sky High Ranch property, and that he was not managing that property/those renters for her (with or without her permission) when she disappeared.

If those are true statements, it exposes another constellation of potential dangers in Dia's life: the renters/growers/investors/owners and hangers-on of that potentially very lucrative marijuana crop. I didn't calculate the street value for the plants that were confiscated from the property, but I know there must have been money invested in it. More money would be required to run it: expensive water bills, astronomical electric bills, security guards/weapons, employee salaries/shares, and more. That harvest represented a lot of somebody's money and time. Who is/are/were the pot people? To what lengths might they go to protect the pot? And having failed to protect it, thereby forfeiting both investment and potential profit, did they just walk away?

Oh, well. Rotten luck, boys. You get less than nothing for all that. Have a nice day!
I don't think that's how it works.
Think I'll check out stuff related to pot farms elsewhere, to see what I can learn about how the whole pot farm biz works. I just don't believe that whole thing is coincidental to Dia's disappearance. Its too big an issue, for me. It bugs me. A lot.

Following the other money, me.
I'll report back what I find.

Bugs me too! Seems too much of a coincidence. ...and maybe that's why DF left......maybe shes afraid of the drug people.....
And maybe that's who Lydia meant she was afraid of.......the drug people(if/ after she found out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle