CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen anything. Makes me think the police told them to keep quiet or they’ll be charged with interfering with police investigation.

I think you are probably right. It's just kind of weird since usually with any other shooting they interview people pretty much immediately. So it's different for some reason.

Has anyone seen any comments on social media from the other campers? Iam sure there must be some chatter about it or does the police typically ask them to not post anything?

This reminds me, are we certain that no information was ever revealed on SM that he was going camping and where?

If there were interviews with them on MSM though it would be ok, right? Has anyone seen any interviews of other campers yet?

There have been MSM interviews with the hammock and Honda/shotgun slug victims. But not any others that I have seen. I apologize for no links, as I am not able to Search and link at the moment.

• Lots of hikers and picnickers in Malibu Canyon over the weekend…. no warnings about the two shootings this summer.
  • There were 6 shootings in Malibu Canyon over a nine month period. But they ended almost a year ago.
  • One shooting two weeks ago … then the murder … 10 days ago.
KBUU Newswire Monday July 2: UPDATED 10AM - Malibu Canyon Shootings Update - Puerco Cyn Campground - Verdict In Malibu Woman's Killing in S Africa - 11 Foot Waves Friday

I am really concerned about the people who don't follow the news, or are from out of the area. Completely unaware of the shootings. There is no guarantee that the shooter or shooters won't change their time or place.

I am really concerned about the people who don't follow the news, or are from out of the area. Completely unaware of the shootings. There is no guarantee that the shooter or shooters won't change their time or place.

There is nothing good on the news anymore due to politics and many ppl have tuned it out unfortunately. Local LE should have alerted the media re the past shootings .

I wonder how his poor little girls are holding up. There are no words to express what these girls have gone through, and will go through for the rest of their lives. Sending out healing thoughts and love to these little ones.

So, if he was using a heat scope, he would have seen 3 warm bodies in there. He very easily could have hit the little ones, accidentally or purposefully. As a matter of record we can not even say for sure that he was aiming for Tristan, though it appears that way. I wonder how close the girls were.

If "random", I wonder if he had seen them earlier in the day, stalked them, planned to shoot him. It would take a cold, cold soul to plan to shoot a man in front of his ltitle ones, whether random or a hit. Or did he just randomly pick a tent in the night based on logistical convenience? (Logistical convenience and tactical advantage, key words). Was he able to tell through the infrared scope, if there was one which I assume so, that the two others in the tent were little?

Gosh I'd really like to see this nutjob caught, as we all do. I have no doubt that LE is making this a priority, moo. I wonder if a Task Force has been assembled yet. I imagine so.

Last edited:
I think you are probably right. It's just kind of weird since usually with any other shooting they interview people pretty much immediately. So it's different for some reason.
I imagine other campers got the heck out of dodge pretty quickly. LE probably asked them to clear the scene after interviewing them.

I’ve been thinking about the original reporting of gunshot to upper torso, but coroners report of single gunshot to head. That made us all stop and scratch our heads and wonder how that could have been misreported.
I know that exit wounds are larger than entrance wounds and therefore bleed a lot more...so that got me thinking even more.

Is it possible to be shot in the head, yet have the exit wound come out of the upper torso?

Thing we know: TB was in his tent in some form of slumber.
Things we don’t know:what position was TB in? Where on the head is the entrance wound? Why was it reported that he was shot in upper torso? Where was the shooter. Etc...we DON’T KNOW WAY MORE THAN WE DO KNOW.

I know nothing of ballistics. I own and shoot guns-that’s about all I can say on my knowledge of any of this.

But if TB were say propped up a bit (sleeping bag as pillow or something) for the bullet to exit via torso the shooter would need to be at fairly close range standing above or in a tree above and be shooting down at an angle.

Thoughts?

JMO

I’ve been thinking about the original reporting of gunshot to upper torso, but coroners report of single gunshot to head. That made us all stop and scratch our heads and wonder how that could have been misreported.
I know that exit wounds are larger than entrance wounds and therefore bleed a lot more...so that got me thinking even more.

Is it possible to be shot in the head, yet have the exit wound come out of the upper torso?

Thing we know: TB was in his tent in some form of slumber.
Things we don’t know:what position was TB in? Where on the head is the entrance wound? Why was it reported that he was shot in upper torso? Where was the shooter. Etc...we DON’T KNOW WAY MORE THAN WE DO KNOW.

I know nothing of ballistics. I own and shoot guns-that’s about all I can say on my knowledge of any of this.

But if TB were say propped up a bit (sleeping bag as pillow or something) for the bullet to exit via torso the shooter would need to be at fairly close range standing above or in a tree above and be shooting down at an angle.

Thoughts?

JMO

He may have had a ton of blood on his chest. And the first LE on the scene wouldn't have inspected him a lot. So they may not have realized he had been hit in the head.
Or maybe the report was intentionally misleading.

He may have had a ton of blood on his chest. And the first LE on the scene wouldn't have inspected him a lot. So they may not have realized he had been hit in the head.
Or maybe the report was intentionally misleading.
But he was declared at the scene...which means EMS/Paramedics attended to him at the scene.

http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/206332_Ref.No.814,DeterminationofDeath_06-21-16.pdf

I’m going to go back and look at early reports to see where the first quote about upper torso came from.

But he was declared at the scene...which means EMS/Paramedics attended to him at the scene.

http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/206332_Ref.No.814,DeterminationofDeath_06-21-16.pdf

I’m going to go back and look at early reports to see where the first quote about upper torso came from.

That's true. But who issued that report? I mean if it was LE they might not have known what was actually found by paramedics as to wounds. They may have based the report on what they saw?

How can I put this kindly? The various LE agencies in this area have a history of turf and communication issues that might have resulted in the officer making the statement to the press not necessarily being up to date about what the first responders, park rangers, or other agencies knew.

Even a region with good communication can be hazy about that kind of detail in the early stages of figuring out what happened.

Aww. Too bad. But I guess we could refer people to the social media to look at comments if we found any, right?

It's interesting that the campers - and there were a lot - have been totally silent
You can make a general statement “interesting comment at the end of that MSM article or (approved) site” but postings on those sites are not considered fact; by Websleuth’s standards they are considered rumor. Therefore, beyond the general statement the posts by visitors cannot be discussed or referenced.

Sorry; I keep writing more. There is Nothing around this park, or Las Virgenes road. Noootthhiinnggg. You can drive from 101 to the beach and not see a single person or car.

Hyperbole alert.

While someone could easily hide a body in this area (in the many canyons), it is very, very rare to get all the way from 101 to the beach and not see a single car, except maybe 2-5am. At rush hour, this road is as slow as the 405 going in a particular direction. Even the more "remote" part between say Mulholland and and just above Pepperdine would see some cars except during the creepy times of the night (2-5ish).

Between 101 and Lost Hills Road, it is purely residential, as is typical in the area. Once you pass Lost Hills Road, you get to a wide flat lands area filled with grass, rolling hills and oak trees, Mulholland Hwy, and Malibu Creek State Park. Shortly past that, you enter a more forested area with Monte Nido and Piuma Rd which is a small forest community, a residential area, but more sparse, though the community is a bit off the main road. There is also the Temple, a school, Tapia Park, a wastewater treatment facility and a youth correctional facility. There are residences dotted throughout this landscape.

Once you go through the tunnel, shortly past Piuma Rd, you are along Malibu Canyon, for maybe 5-10 mins. There is nothing but a big canyon here. Finally you emerge near an engineering company, a neighborhood, Pepperdine University and Pacific Coast Highway.

It is one of those areas that is perfectly charming during the day, but feels very remote and creepy at night.

Drivers don't seem to pay attention to anything (maybe except the centerline of the road) in this area. Of all the people that traveled the road during rush hour, only one person saw Mitrice Richardson walking along it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd