CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe LE is extra quiet because this has developed into a very delicate situation. They don't give the sense that they're looking for a stranger.
Yes. That's what I mean. I'm not seeing that sense of panic. Maybe it's someone close to him or maybe there is someone the family suspects.

Of course something is off when a man was murdered in front of his kids. It doesn't get more off than that.

But to suspect the wife when there are three, other shootings, in that very park, all in the same time range, I don't know. Seems kind of harsh? That's a pretty huge coincidence for one camp ground.

I'm just throwing it out there, that's what we do here. I'm not saying it's absolute or betting my house on it. Many other theories were already posted, so I merely posted a different possibility. I could be just as suspicious about the other adult family member he was camping with.

California man fatally shot in his tent while camping with two young daughters, police say

The sheriff’s deputies began arriving at the campsite around 5 a.m. Friday, shattering the pre-dawn quiet at Malibu Creek State Park, a popular getaway less than 30 miles west of Beverly Hills.

There, they converged on a clearing where two tents were pitched several yards from each other. Inside one of them, investigators found 35-year-old Tristan Beaudette with at least one gunshot wound to his upper torso, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

JMO
Just hearing about this sad case. Im wondering if maybe an accidental gun discharge.

If victim only has one gunshot wound then I think its possible that it could have been an accident in the close quarters of a tent someone rolled over on a weapon and somehow the trigger got pulled.

The article is not clear about if victim was hit with more than one shot or not. Im also not clear if there were a witness hearing more than one shot or not.

If a witness heard multiple shots then I would have to lean towards a purposeful killing rather than accident. If only one shot heard and victim only hit by one shot then accident is possible to me.

Some of the news reports say that he was shot inside the tent with his 2 daughters and they were unharmed. I wonder if they knew who did this? Wonder if they were sleeping at the time. It's hard for me to believe that someone would randomly pick a tent to shoot someone. Maybe there was a scuffle between TB and the killer earlier and the killer decided to come back and shoot TB????? Just trying to figure this out because it seems so odd...

Malibu Creek State Park shooting: Man killed while camping with daughters in California - CNN
--
"We are not investigating this as a suicide at this point," Detective Rodney Moore of the sheriff's department said.
--
Detectives said they are working with family members to try to arrange for forensic investigators who specialize in interviewing small children to speak with the daughters.
--
Investigators look at earlier shootings near where father was killed inside tent at state park - L.A. Times
--
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Lt. Rodney Moore said that investigators are sifting through evidence from the scene for leads. “The theory we are working with is he was shot inside the tent,” Moore said. “The children were inside the tent too."
--

Last edited:
Do you have initials to narrow down the comments? I've read about 10 so far and am ready to scream.

I'm so sorry. When I scrolled down the first two or three comments were hinting at a motive related to his work. I'm not able to open the link now *gaa!* I will try again ...

Edit: got it to open. It's among the first five comments or so, by someone initial P and someone with initials RS. As someone said above, conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Some of the news reports say that he was shot inside the tent with his 2 daughters and they were unharmed. I wonder if they knew who did this? Wonder if they were sleeping at the time. It's hard for me to believe that someone would randomly pick a tent to shoot someone. Maybe there was a scuffle between TB and the killer earlier and the killer decided to come back and shoot TB????? Just trying to figure this out because it seems so odd...

If there was an incident prior to the shooting surely the other family member (bil was rumored) would know about it and have told LE?

This one baffles me :confused:

The victim was inside a tent with his 2- and 4-year-old daughters when he was shot in his upper torso, L.A. County Sheriff's Department Lt. Rodney Moore told KTLA .

Deputies responded to a call about shots fired around 4:44 a.m. on Friday, the lieutenant added.

While the victim was pronounced dead at the scene, officers found the girls without any injuries, Moore said.
Father Fatally Shot While Camping With Daughters at Malibu Creek State Park ID’d

I know. My point is the easiest answer isn’t always the right one. Occam’s razor would say this was a suicide and we know that isn’t the case.

Ah! I see what you're saying. Although I don't know that Occam's razor would say it's a suicide, because if kids are present in such close range, the suicidal parent usually kills them, rather than leaving them at a campground. I don;t know that I've ever seen a case like that where dependent kids are left to their own devices outside a home while the parent offs themselves, you know?

Last edited:
in the middle of a home remodeling project At the moment. I will post links as soon as I can . Campers complained about the lack of privacy between campsites. park is well liked except for on the weekends and holiday weekends when it is overcrowded and there are wild parties.

Malibu Creek State Park (Calabasas) - 2018 All You Need to Know Before You Go (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

The campground had 60 occupied sites that night out of 63.
Father Shot and Killed While Camping With His 2- and 4-Year-Old Girls

With that many people I hope someone saw something. Although it was very early.

Ah! I see what you're saying. Although I don't know that Occam's razor would say it's a suicide, because if kids are present in such close range, the suicidal parent usually kills them, rather than leaving them at a campground. I don;t know that I've ever seen a case like that where dependent kids are left to their own devices outside a home while the parent offs themselves, you know?

I was thinking you are more likely to kill yourself than be killed by someone else, and the odds against young children knowing how to use a firearm. (This was based on the "the gun was already in the tent" premise which I'm not sure is correct anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401