Found Deceased CA - Maria Lopez & Jesus Guillen, from Garden Grove to Tijuana to collect rent 10 Jan 2020 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Seajay, Jan 15, 2020.

1. moonriverfarm

moonriverfarm Well-Known Member

I have less than zero desire to go to Mexico. For any reason.

2. Seajay

Seajay Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

Nancy19XX, jpo74, margarita25 and 4 others like this.
  3. AnnaGrace

AnnaGrace Well-Known Member

Just wow! Five bodies...

4. Barbieshell

Barbieshell Always be kind folks YOLO

Looks like they've got themselves a Serial Killer - what a thoroughly unpleasant chap (I guess at least he'll end up doing time in a hideously violent Mexican jail). RIP to all the poor souls that they've found - hopefully a few other mysteries / missing cases will be solved from uncovering these horrific crimes.

5. Seajay

I was kidding when I called him a Serial Killer with three bodies, but dang, now he’s up to 5. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more.

6. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

7. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Well-Known Member

Is the killer the husband of the couples daughter who was trying to locate her parents or are there other siblings? Just curious. My sympathies to all who loved each of these victims! So horrible!

AnnaGrace, jpo74, Tippy Lynn and 4 others like this.
  8. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Yes. The relationship is explained here:

Missing Garden Grove couple believed to have been found dead in Tijuana

[​IMG]

According to Mexican authorities, the couple collected 120,000 Mexican pesos in rent, and it was the couple's son-in-law was the one who was responsible for collecting that rent.

[​IMG]

During a press conference Friday, Sánchez said they arrested the couple's son-in-law who they only identified as 36-year-old Santiago "N". He is believed to be married to Norma Rizo, the couple's daughter.

9. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

Baja California state prosecutor Hiram Sánchez said the suspect, who had a criminal record in the U.S. and had been deported in 2012, will face murder charges in Mexico in the case of his in-laws. He added that investigators are focusing on reports of people who disappeared after inquiring about cars for sale. Mexican authorities are also looking into several other reported disappearances in which the missing people were last seen near the property on the city’s south side.

Deported Mexican national could be ‘serial killer’ after 5th body found in Tijuana: police

10. Jo in Calif

A fifth body was recovered there on Monday, a male who had not yet been identified, officials said.

According to a preliminary investigation, the victim died of asphyxiation and head trauma to the head.

So far, police have searched only 40 per cent the house and they are not ruling out the possibility of uncovering additional bodies, leading State Attorney General Guillermo Ruiz Hernández to label the property ‘a house of evil.’

The search for human remains has been complicated by the fact that a portion of the property is covered in concrete.
    FIFTH body found at Tijuana 'house of evil' where American couple were found buried

11. whatsnext

whatsnext Justice for Gannon

Wow and wow. This is crazy, I hope that some cases will get solved now, and would'nt be surprised about more bodies, what a mess. My heart goes out to all of the families involved :(.

Ontario Mom, Tippy Lynn, byo and 2 others like this.
  12. Seajay

Definition of a serial killer

serial murder | Definition, Characteristics, Types, & Facts

Serial murder, also called serial killing, the unlawful homicide of at least two people carried out by the same person (or persons) in separate events occurring at different times. Although this definition is widely accepted, the crime is not formally recognized in any legal code, including that of the United States. Serial murder is distinguished from mass murder, in which several victims are murdered at the same time and place.

So, according to this, the Santiago guy is a serial killer. 5 bodies so far, at different times. Of his victims, they have all been shown to have different decompositions.

13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

14. Jo in Calif

Police said one man and another couple have disappeared, but it is too early to determine if the other bodies found on the property belonged to them.

Hiram Sanchez of Baja California said, “we can think of him as a serial killer. We have five victims with similarities as to the way they were deprived of live [and how] they were buried.”

Both Sanchez and Baja California Attorney General Guillermo Ruiz Hernandez said they’re working to search for more victims on the property.
    Ruiz-Hernandez said that he’s a suspect in all five murders, however authorities “believe there are two other people and we are looking for ways to capture them

Police: Previously deported "serial killer" lured victims to his property, then murdered them

AnnaGrace, whatsnext, jpo74 and 5 others like this.
  15. Jo in Calif

This was written in Spanish, that gave the option to translate to English. Lots of updated info, including Santiago's last name.

More bodies
    Two days later, upon entering the home in the Obrera neighborhood, the researchers found the remains of María Teresa and Jesús Rubén López with the help of hounds. They had signs of having been hit in the face and that they tied their hands.

However, two days later when delving into the investigations, the agents called the hounds again and this time also the firemen, who helped dig up the remains of another couple, elderly, also with visible signs of blows to the face and of ties in the wrists.

And on Tuesday, the authorities located in the same address a fifth body, apparently killed before the other four.

The central prosecutor of Baja California, Hiram Sánchez, convened a conference in which he said that Santiago Rizo remained in detention as a suspect until his guilt was proven, but clarified that now the charges he faces were for "serial murder."

The official ruled out that the organized crime or a group of criminals participated in the killings, said it was the work of one person.

In Colonia Obrera, the neighbors now refer to the house of the López marriage, where they found the bodies, as "the house of evil."

Google Translate

byo, AnnaGrace, whatsnext and 4 others like this.
  16. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

PommyMommy likes this.
  17. jpo74

jpo74 Well-Known Member

Jeez Louise! Another two bodies turned up! I wonder if the couple found out or suspected SIL? Rest in peace Maria and Jesus

18. jpo74

jpo74 Well-Known Member

Wowzers! Now 5? :(

19. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

I think the inlaws were collateral damage. SIL was supposed to be picking up the rent and managing the property according to an early article. Perhaps he was pocketing the money and telling inlaws tenants weren’t paying. They went down to get US$6400 in rent. Perhaps he killed them because they weren’t going to find out he had been stealing from them and using their property as a killing field. JMO

20. Seajay

I was talking about Mexico, sorry. I live about 20 minutes from Garden Grove so I know that area well. Thank you for the help.

Tippy Lynn and PommyMommy like this.