Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha you guys rock! I am trying to do a million things at the same time and all of you taking your time to look for that...just awesome :)
I need to go over and look at Tori's case when I get a second. The PI said some interesting things.
Okay, well everything else that might hold any type of evidence is now in police hands. Recology has the contents of the dumpster. Yes they've been emptied numerous times since she went missing. Yes, LAPD has to go through it.
Just dont know what else I can do. Media and public aren't interested because there's nothing new. Nothing new because LAPD won't talk.
Any suggestions/

The path through the parking lots was convoluted and all they could say was that the dog became very "animated." They do not know her exact course but yes, her scent was directly behind Jon's where the cigarette was and it was in the vicinity of the dumpster/planter where the phone was. It did not go further west than that area. Hope that makes sense.

More screenshots from SBHack's map:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-27-13-12-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-01-27-13-12-13.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 226
Hahahaha you guys rock! I am trying to do a million things at the same time and all of you taking your time to look for that...just awesome :)
I need to go over and look at Tori's case when I get a second. The PI said some interesting things.
Okay, well everything else that might hold any type of evidence is now in police hands. Recology has the contents of the dumpster. Yes they've been emptied numerous times since she went missing. Yes, LAPD has to go through it.
Just dont know what else I can do. Media and public aren't interested because there's nothing new. Nothing new because LAPD won't talk.
Any suggestions/

Its an interesting thread/case thats for sure! Infact about as confusing/frustrating as poor maricela's :(

Im trying to join a million reseda pages... cmon folks, let me innn!!!

Argh, damn lapd are too smart. Thought I could spam all their statuses with the missing poster seen as you cant post to their page... but nooo you cant add images to their comments argh :banghead:

Okay, I thought about something, what about "Dateline: Missing in America"?
eta
There's already a linked article there via usnews, looking to see if there's a flyer

Eta: maybe call the folks at TES and see if they can offer some ideas?

www.texasequusearch.com
Click on contact

That detective is... something not very nice. They claim they are refusing to investigate because she's missing voluntarily, yet they're saying someone will kill her because of the media coverage you're getting? The two don't mix. If he thinks she is being held and could be killed than he should be INVESTIGATING. Like others said, he is simply ashamed of his lack of action -- and he should be-- being brought to light in the media. When you're making people uncomfortable.. keep going! Grr I will rage over that comment all day. What crap.
Great job, Misti.

(Our Late Great Foxfire would have a great response to this, about the value of the public, media, awareness...)

Eta: speaking of FF, maybe in addition to calling TES to ask for some ideas, also call CUE. Tell them Foxfire sent you. :angel:

What I think would be a good idea now is if someone could go back to all the businesses along her route and again ask to see video footage, if not yet erased. With a bit of luck something is still there.

There were a few dozen people at the vigil, and the weekend is coming up, I hope someone will be able to do another round of the businesses.

I would also put up flyers again. This could be done together - talking to businesses and putting up flyers.

Also, has someone stationed themselves outside the Kaiser building to speak to people who are leaving the evening classes? Someone might remember Maricela standing/walking around in the parking lot. The sooner the better, before people forget.

Another thought I had - might be a long shot though - were there any events in the area on that night? Any groups of people celebrating something or any kind of gathering, a group of tourists (I know, long shot on a rainy night), anything, maybe at a nearby restaurant or bar, or at the church? Maybe Sarah or her dad can remember something. I'm asking because maybe someone filmed on their phone or took photos and Maricela is in one of them. I remember that from the John Beck case here, someone had posted (unknowingly of course) a photo that showed him on their Instagram, so the family had a clue where he was headed (he has not been found though but finding that photo was quite something).

Mistivon and the other WS members who turned up, fantastic job at the vigil! I'm very proud of you all!

Ok, that is a great map. Can I share it on FB? N yes, we are way, way down in likes and shares. I don't know what happened. The first NG episode got a huge response, the next one, almost nothing. Probably because there is no new info. I'm really hoping they update her to critical or endangered missing. I'm at the end of my rope.
I am completely not map savvy. I see the legend but where exactly on the map is the river/wash. Maybe with a huge red arrow lol

Oh, I am working on the Shares!!

I was just thinking that we all need to click on the links to articles about MG, even if we already know the info. The news sites likely track which articles get traffic, so let's give MG pages some traffic.

jmo

We went around to all the business and covered the area with flyers last night. The family is doing a search tomorrow but unfortunately, I won't be there. I spoke with every business that I was able to today. None of them have footage from that night. It's been too long. Recology says LAPD has to investigate the trash. I have not gotten a call back from Dad or from the lieutenant. The PI works pro bono. We would need a to fund his trip out here but not much more. He never asks the family for money. He also said anyone could retain him, including me. Can anyone give me guidance with this? If I still can't reach dad on the phone, do I give him the go ahead? How do I get funding? I can't beg for money on the FB page every day. How would I get the money to get him out here....and is it my place? Would I be way out of line IF I retained him and could even say on FB that I did...IDK what to do in this situation. All I know is he MUST become involved, whether or not the family says go ahead. He starts with the family and pretty sure if there is anything they are hiding from me and the media that the police knows...he will find it. I want him. Just not sure how to fund him and if I should. I haven't slept in a very long time and I'm overwhelmed with work. Every time I say I'm going to step back, I just can't. I shouldn't care about likes and shares. I shouldn't care that the dad didn't get video. Or that the police aren't doing anything. If there's no news, there's no news..Why am I still so persistent?
Yes, we stayed until classes were over last night. No one saw her.. No one.
I don't know about events.
I'm so confused. I feel like I'm in the dark but not sure why. They ask me to help then they won't let me. I don't know what to do.

What I think would be a good idea now is if someone could go back to all the businesses along her route and again ask to see video footage, if not yet erased. With a bit of luck something is still there.

There were a few dozen people at the vigil, and the weekend is coming up, I hope someone will be able to do another round of the businesses.

I would also put up flyers again. This could be done together - talking to businesses and putting up flyers.

Also, has someone stationed themselves outside the Kaiser building to speak to people who are leaving the evening classes? Someone might remember Maricela standing/walking around in the parking lot. The sooner the better, before people forget.

Another thought I had - might be a long shot though - were there any events in the area on that night? Any groups of people celebrating something or any kind of gathering, a group of tourists (I know, long shot on a rainy night), anything, maybe at a nearby restaurant or bar, or at the church? Maybe Sarah or her dad can remember something. I'm asking because maybe someone filmed on their phone or took photos and Maricela is in one of them. I remember that from the John Beck case here, someone had posted (unknowingly of course) a photo that showed him on their Instagram, so the family had a clue where he was headed (he has not been found though but finding that photo was quite something).

Mistivon and the other WS members who turned up, fantastic job at the vigil! I'm very proud of you all!

Any suggestions/

I have been following Toni Anderson's case from the beginning. I will tell you it's a VERY long read. It is two threads. On is over 60 pages and the second is close to that. There's really isn't a whole lot more info on that case than was first released by MSM when she first went missing. You probably know more from talking to the PI than you'll find reading the threads.

Most of the posts are people speculating what happened or asking for information that has already been posted. I will be happy to save you a LOT of time if you want to ask any questions about Toni's case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestions/

"Recology has the contents of the dumpster. Yes they've been emptied numerous times since she went missing. Yes, LAPD has to go through it."
Who said LAPD must go through it? As in no one else is allowed?

Recology said LAPD had to make the request :(

"Recology has the contents of the dumpster. Yes they've been emptied numerous times since she went missing. Yes, LAPD has to go through it."
Who said LAPD must go through it? As in no one else is allowed?

The post on the FB page about Dateline reached 5000 people
The first NG podcast over 8000
The second NG podcast a little over 1000
The latest post about the search, around 300
What am I doing wrong

Anything that I can do from Florida? mistivon - if you need help with the FB page, I am more than willing. I was an admin for a FB page a few years back for Jennifer Ramsaran. (she was found, murdered by her husband)

I don't know anything about Cali (specifically L.A.) What happens if volumes of calls flood LAPD inquiring on their lack of investigation (or news as to why they feel the way they do?)

Any local politicians or reporters that we can contact? I am not a Twitter expert but I've heard in other cases that it is very helpful.

One positive is that her body hasn't been found which means, there is still hope. Being so far away, I feel a bit detached but am more than willing to help in any way I can!!

The dad asked me to call Detective Palmer over MPU...didn't someone find her phone number around here? Hahaha I'm so lazy. Off to search

The post on the FB page about Dateline reached 5000 people
The first NG podcast over 8000
The second NG podcast a little over 1000
The latest post about the search, around 300
What am I doing wrong

Current WS Stats:
Replies:1,078
Views: 74,543

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics