Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys remember by any chance which big show featured Kara Nichols' case and the interview with her family? She allegedly used heroin and was on model mayhem, iirc. (Kara still has never been found).

Oh Heaven help us... 3 main officers were indicted of misconduct ?? Is that the same case ??

RSBM, JMO, MOO
Just some open to modification thoughts here.

1. I think her MP posters concentrate on her face. She went missing at night and what people might have seen and might remember is her clothing, her body image, her gait, her hair, etc. If someone had been across the street from the front entrance of 18040 Sherman Way, what would they have seen that night? Not her face...
2. Maybe you could find a body double, dress her in the correct clothing and shoes, style her hair, etc and take photos of her at night, at the places you think MG visited that night. This could be another MP poster with her face included. These photo's might be newsworthy. I just don't know.

3. Would a video reenactment be possible?

4. I think it's possible that the publicly posted MP posters were removed because they were not "business friendly"... What might be effective is one on one interaction with people who frequent the area. That would mean standing on the sidewalk and talking to people. You could give them something printed in case they remember something.

5. I don't see a place to leave anonymous tips on this MP poster. This might be important to some people.

Re: #5, what about anonymous tipline via crimestoppers? Is that something that has to be initiated by LE?

Some have mentioned a possible mental breakdown. IF this is the case, then imo it would be plausible for her to be in the water, sorry to say, as seen in Teleka's, Elisa's, and the girl whose name started with a K, her name currently escapes me....

Some have mentioned a possible mental breakdown. IF this is the case, then imo it would be plausible for her to be in the water, sorry to say, as seen in Teleka's, Elisa's, and the girl whose name started with a K, her name currently escapes me....

I followed Teleka's thread very closely - I have to say - the thought crossed my mind but we don't know of any diagnosis, right? I also wondered about self harm..

Not married to these but they have crossed my mind.

I followed Teleka's thread very closely - I have to say - the thought crossed my mind but we don't know of any diagnosis, right? I also wondered about self harm..

Not married to these but they have crossed my mind.

I am still slightly open to the possibility. Only because her route that night was so odd---and I still cant figure out why she didn't ask for help at any of the crowded , well lit areas, when she was passing though. It makes sense if she was imagining being chased and was running into the darkness in a panic. But if so, why hasn't she been found yet?

Yes if this is not a crime of opportunity, I think the pictures may have something to do with it. She noted on FB in 2013 that she had a stalker and mentioned several times to the family that she thought she was being followed.
The 99 Cent Store was also reviewed by an LEO that is friends with the family.
I will bring the PI up to speed over the weekend. Poor Dad is working twelve hours today but is also going to speak with him when he gets off.
There is a city council candidate involved...wasn't it someone here who contacted Jose Castillo? Haha I never remember the username spelling but like Bomblest or something :) He's been very helpful and is promoting her flyer and the family's . He brought up a reward, which I think is a FANTASTIC idea, but the family can't afford a PI, much less a reward. Too bad GW doesn't do something since that IS where she was last seen.
So, Selena did live in Tarzana for awhile. If you guys think that's enough of a connection, I say we start tagging her in everything and I will encourage the followers to do the same. Anyone who twitters can do that. What do you think? Worth a shot?

Anything's worth a shot, imo.

Keep the ideas flowing...

I am still slightly open to the possibility. Only because her route that night was so odd---and I still cant figure out why she didn't ask for help at any of the crowded , well lit areas, when she was passing though. It makes sense if she was imagining being chased and was running into the darkness in a panic. But if so, why hasn't she been found yet?

Agree. And with the very quiet voices of family/friends, we don't know if she had any prior mental health issues. There's no shame if so - Teleka was a brilliant DOCTOR!

I agree, we don't know much about Mari. When Jennifer Ramsaran went missing we needed to know - her routine, her favorite restaurants, how she dressed, etc.
I feel really helpless - being close in proximity is an advantage I wish I had. Years ago, a young girl went missing and ended up in my area. I literally called the Sheriff and asked a million questions and he actually told me quite a bit. From that point on, I became somewhat obsessed.

I think we need a hashtag if we don't have one. I have read every page but there's SO much going on (yet so much not) that I don't remember.. I typically read with one eye as I'm falling asleep. I have some time now, I will tag whatever I can on Facebook if we have a hashtag. I just shared her FB page on my personal page, it's a start.

(If so, maybe she hid herself well like Elisa did? (which is still suspicious to me, but that was the ruling...)

ok, sorry in advance for my multiple posts - JUST MY OPINION - I think the profile picture of the FB page should be changed. People are judgemental and I can see them having a certain opinion. I think this one is better - (again, JMO!)Mari.jpg

There are search dogs that are specialized in water searches, iirc from Dylan's case....

So talked to a television contact. To her, not news. Now, if we can get LAPD to elevate her, it's news. She can be not voluntarily missing but until LAPD themselves say she is critical or endangered, not news. She said the search may be news. If they have a large turnout, she will probably send a crew out.
Gonna run it past my daily news reporter, too.

My thoughts are to send out a plea on FB for as many searchers as possible. Not only because they are looking for specific items this time in a larger radius but because we still need media. We need other stations to pick up the search as well. Or does that not sound right? I don't want it to sound like the family just wants to be on tv or something....and that was the channel that was out there last night...what are your thoughts on that? I really want news coverage when its been a few days but also thinking we should take it where we can get it. What do you guys think?

More importantly, HOW do we get her elevated to the critical/endangered status? I asked the detective but she dodged my questions. I'm pretty tenacious but she's expert at saying a whole lot of nothing. It means more if the media questions them but i don't have anyone that good in my back pocket. Do I encourage the public to start calling and asking? I don't want to make enemies myself and certainly don't want animosity between the police and the family....but how do I make this happen? Can i? Once that happens, we are good. My CBS girl told me that what killed this story in the beginning was the "been missing before" statement. Well, that was made by a girl who hasn't seen Mari in years and inserted herself into this whole thing. She was handling everything for the family in the first few days...until I realized the family had no idea she was :/ Weirdo. She made that statement, idk, some kind of attention thing. ALTHOUGH, it could be true. I myself really don't know. I can just go based on what the family has said and they are ADAMANT she has never done this before and would certainly not leave Sara.

Trying to get my game plan together....and really trying to get to my pms.
Soon, I promise. I'm so sorry

Iirc a silver alert/endangered status can be issued if she has a medical condition?

I drove there today and looked around. Definitely not what I remembered from 5 years ago. My ex used to work in the kaiser building and I would always pick him up for lunch. That part was normal. The goodwill area had a lot of homeless people in tents on the side streets. Jons is like a full on super market. The church is a good walk away from the goodwill with a fence in between. Strange path for her to take for sure. Also a lot of shady stores on Sherman way. What happened to this poor girl. Even looking today there were so many people everywhere. :(

I think I hear what you guys are saying about not trying to connect other cases, etc. But in Jessica Ridgeway's case ARS attacked a female jogger before killing Jessica...now the incident here that occurred the next day, etc...idk, if this a predator situation, then these other incidents could hold important info/insight. No stone unturned But whatever you guys say. JMO

I want to know if it is okay to send out a press release. They have not even processed those items yet. Give me a break. A choker that might have been around a missing woman's neck and you haven't even seen if it was hers?
I can include information about the search.
I would basically just state the above. What she told me about how they do the same for all MP cases. That there are other agencies. That they are investigating. That she is NOT voluntary.
Wonder if the media would even be interested in learning that.
I don't know. My brain is overloaded and I can't think straight. Not even sure I could write the press release. Who wrote that great blurb on the vigil? I'll go back and read.

ETA: I think it's time for the public to start calling/messaging/tagging
I think we are all "reporters" in a way... Freedom of speech and all that. However, I would carefully craft it so you aren't slandering, unless you recorded the call or had a witness. You won't have the protections the media outlets have. But you surely can ask questions and post your opinions about your perspective of a conversation... Can you prove you made the call and how long it was?

Yes if this is not a crime of opportunity, I think the pictures may have something to do with it. She noted on FB in 2013 that she had a stalker and mentioned several times to the family that she thought she was being followed.
The 99 Cent Store was also reviewed by an LEO that is friends with the family.
I will bring the PI up to speed over the weekend. Poor Dad is working twelve hours today but is also going to speak with him when he gets off.
There is a city council candidate involved...wasn't it someone here who contacted Jose Castillo? Haha I never remember the username spelling but like Bomblest or something :) He's been very helpful and is promoting her flyer and the family's . He brought up a reward, which I think is a FANTASTIC idea, but the family can't afford a PI, much less a reward. Too bad GW doesn't do something since that IS where she was last seen.
So, Selena did live in Tarzana for awhile. If you guys think that's enough of a connection, I say we start tagging her in everything and I will encourage the followers to do the same. Anyone who twitters can do that. What do you think? Worth a shot?
In the GW video, as Mari is leaving the store a family is passing by the doors. We need to hear from that family!

I think we are all "reporters" in a way... Freedom of speech and all that. However, I would carefully craft it so you aren't slandering, unless you recorded the call or had a witness. You won't have the protections the media outlets have. But you surely can ask questions and post your opinions about your perspective of a conversation... Can you prove you made the call and how long it was?

Something like a news release stating that "a close family friend (or family spokesperson) spoke with local LE on (date) and was assured that Maricela is NOT considered to be voluntarily missing. The LE (include name or not) assures us that Maricela's case is receiving the same attention as any other missing person cases in the jurisdiction."

That's just a rough start, but 1) it puts LE in a more favorable light (even if they do not necessarily warrant it), 2) people/media will now know that MG is not considered voluntarily missing, 3) lets LE know that the public is watching...without calling them out specifically.

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member