Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Jan 27, 2017.

1. dally_doodle

dally_doodle Well-Known Member

I followed this case from the beginning and was so hopeful that there would be a different outcome. Just stopping in to see if there were any updates about COD...

I just read about your health scare @mistivon.... hope you are feeling better. I know from reading your earlier posts that you have a lot of guilt however you do so much more for this young lady than most missing persons ever receive. I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you never once gave up on her, and you gave everything you had to have her found.

2. Steph9676

Steph9676 Well-Known Member

Just checking in for Maricela. I've been following this case from the first week and it makes me so sad that she was so close to my home this entire time. I must have driven past her twice a day the entire time she was missing. I heard something today that made me think of her. I used to live in the valley and I just moved to Valencia from there and my hair lady told me that some of her old addict friends come to Santa Clarita to get their drugs. She was talking about hard drugs and heroin. It got me thinking of the recent drug busts in Santa Clarita. Maybe it's linked. How else would someone take her here unless they were connected? Just a thought. I think I would check the recent drug busts here in Santa Clarita. Where she was found just doesn't make sense to me. It's not off the freeway, or a mountain area. It's below a high school with kids and within a mile of a fire station where people walk.

3. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

I have no further information. I am still in touch with Sarah but haven't asked. I think we will eventually know and I pray every day her murderer is found and brought to justice. I was in the search area over the weekend and I thought I was going to emotionally break down right there. I cannot imagine being her brother or sister :(
    I think about all of you a lot but haven't followed another case since Marcus was found. I just don't think I have the heart and soul to keep losing people I come to care about.
    Maybe one day, I can follow as an observer and contribute something positive somewhere.
    Love u all

4. dnyevrtng

dnyevrtng New Member

Checking in to see if there were any updates and haven't seen this mentioned: Wasn't the missing/found Colorado realtor's, Laura Stacy, phone found close to where Maricela was found?

5. ann1989

ann1989 Member

Is her death certificate public info?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

6. margarita25

margarita25 Everything is JMO

??...

7. Budgiebee

Budgiebee Member

Laura Stacy's phone was found at Golden Valley Park and Maricela's remains were found near Golden Valley High School. The two locations are about 3 miles apart when I input them in Google Maps.

8. cnmccarthy

cnmccarthy Well-Known Member

Any updates on maricela's case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. msphilosopher

msphilosopher Well-Known Member

What is the relevance here?

I believe Stacey left /forgot / dropped her phone at the park. Then got lost driving and was found 3 days later by an officer walking on the side of a desolate road.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20170126/family-of-missing-woman-laura-stacy-asks-for-privacy

10. mistivon

11. thekarmabus

thekarmabus Well-Known Member

This is so frightening!!! Have there. Even any updates on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. margarita25

margarita25 Everything is JMO

From above:

Police seek kidnapper caught on video snatching woman in Sylmar

"Los Angeles police have launched a search for a man who is suspected of kidnapping a woman Wednesday afternoon in Sylmar by forcing her into a minivan.

The incident was caught on camera and police are asking the public to help identify the man and locate the victim."

13. dally_doodle

I agree! WE still need the thread! I emailed an admin but never heard back. I check often about kidnappings and missing women in this area. I STILL think think that there is something going on. I don't necessarily think that Maricela's case was linked, but I do believe that her case opened the eyes of some people to an even larger operation. But that is just my opinion....

I would like to dive back into the missing SoCal girls and try again to get a thread opened...

14. dally_doodle

This is interesting...

Do you all remember the kidnapping that was witnessed in February? It happened 8 MINUTES from where this new kidnapping was seen...

Here is the link to the supposed Feb kidnapping...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/02/13/3-sought-in-possible-sylmar-kidnapping/

Now....I do not live on the West coast but I do live near a very large city and the specific area I live in is also highliy populated and these types of things seem so unheard of near me. I feel like for this to be a coincidence, it would be even more far fetched then if they are connected. Why is there not more media attention??

Here's a map of the two kidnapping locations:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Greater Than

Greater Than <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Senior Moderato

Hey everyone.

If you're missing a post, you will likely find it here. ;)

16. Steph9676

Steph9676 Well-Known Member

I saw they are finally laying Maricela to rest. I'm assuming that means the Autopsy is complete. Any word of COD? I live 5 min from where she was found and followed the case from day 1. Everyday I drive by I think of her. I really want this case to be solved. Are there any leads?

17. KooshBall

KooshBall Member

18. thekarmabus

thekarmabus Well-Known Member

19. mistivon

hi everyone. no word yet on cod but my reporter friend is going to make some calls tomorrow. would be nice to do a follow up story. I wasn't able to attend the funeral but am currently sitting at the cemetery waiting on our beloved Balboa to arrive. Tough moment. I'll upload pics later and Sarah also has some on her FB page if any of you follow her.
    Steph we would like to make a sort of pilgrimage in the near future...GW to where she was found to here...just to honor her memory. It was Balboas idea and we would love for you guys who are local to join us.
    We will never forget, beautiful girl. I just hope someone is looking for your killer. Sometimes, it doesn't seem like it.
    hugs to all

20. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

:hug: hugs back to you, mistivon. I am glad you are able to continue to honor your friend in these ways. I peek in still, and try to keep an eye out for you. No words left to express my sadness over the losses we keep in our hearts.