Found Deceased CA - Maricela Garcia, 26, Reseda, 12 Jan 2017 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Jan 27, 2017.

1. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

She didn't have any kind of marker and we wanted people to know who was there so we left her missing poster. Balboa brought some beautiful pink roses and I left the stuffed animal and love knick knack. It's a beautiful spot but there's nothing to say who she is yet. She is less than two miles from me, literally on the road I live on so I hope to visit every Sunday.
    Balboa and I are thinking that we want to make the drive from GW to where she was found on a Thursday about 630...around the same time she disappeared. We'd like to see what route she might have taken, what she might have seen, who might have seen her. We haven't decided on a date yet, would anyone be interested in joining us?
    Apparently, I still can't upload pictures, lol so let me see what I can figure out.

2. mistivon

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

She shouldn't be here. We should have gotten to meet her.

Attached Files:

3. Steph9676

Steph9676 Well-Known Member

From where she was taken you can either take balboa north to Sierra hwy to golden valley or the 818/405 to the 5 to the 14 and exit placerita canyon or golden valley. I can't picture the car turning off the road where she was during traffic. I'm thinking more like she was put there late night. The spot where she was is right below a high school football field and .5 miles from Fire station. There has been an increase in drug use here. I think it's someone familiar with the area and someone who is into drugs.

4. KooshBall

KooshBall Member

I believe it is updated because it says the body has been released which is an update.

5. mistivon

hopefully my friend will find something out tomorrow. She's amazing and Mari was never just a story to her.
    I agree with the perp being familiar with SC and drug related. it begs the question why there? We traipsed miles of forest and didn't even scratch the surface so there were plenty of places near the abduction site to dump her. Was she going with someone to SC and things got ugly? Did someone accidentally kill her/ give her an overdose and panic? if that's not a dumping ground then I'm inclined to think amateur. I'm also inclined to think she wasn't killed there in Van Nuys that night. Was she kept willingly or unwillingly in SC for a day or longer? It's just a completely random area unless she and/or the prep were in that area.
    Steph let's say you're getting high and going to party. Maybe ur on parole or have weapons in the car. What route would you take if you definitely didn't want to chance being pulled over? And is there anywhere nearby that is sketchy? Drug riddled etc?

6. mistivon

sorry it won't let me edit the above errors :(. I really hope someday we find out what happened to her. id really like to know if the dogs were right. if Mari was chased and abducted, if it was accidental, if this is still possibly HT gone wrong and related to the others...so many questions. I'd like to see a statement from LE (wishful thinking in this case)

7. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I have the same questions. Did they take her from the church lot and go in a car or did she actually run across the road to the hospital lot by the dumpster? I really want to know.

You know what else I am thinking now, mistivon...
    Remember when your husband and I spoke with the custodian of the Supermarket, who had told us he had seen her there several times with another girl around the same age, and they sometimes smelled like pot...etc...AND WE THOUGHT HE WAS MISTAKEN? We thought it was a random stop she made there...

Now I think he was telling an accurate report. So odd how doing a search can have so many twists and turns...:sigh:

8. thekarmabus

thekarmabus Well-Known Member

The report comes in much later. A body is usually released with 48 hours from medical examiner .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Leese12

Leese12 Member

Praying & hoping her case will be solved....like all of you, I too think of Maricela often.

Glad she finally has her final resting place, my heart continues to go out to her family & those who cared about her.

I too hope we will know a cause of death soon, if it has been determined--would that be why the site indicates 'pending' due to maybe it has not been determined?

IMO----I feel that her scent picked up by the dog at the church was from other times she frequented that area & maybe other steps it picked up. However, I feel that she did end up by the Kaiser Building that night for whatever reasons unknown. All in all she met up with foul play that horrible night, who would harm her and why? It was mentioned in the beginning she owed 2 phones, one was found behind the Goodwill Store. Was the other phone found? If not, that phone may hold clues. A follow up story would be great, and to get her story out there again for someone to finally come forward, even if it is a tiny memory. Maybe someone in the Santa Clarita area who may have had contact with her? Something....

We may never know what happened, but I hope someone does come forward and/or the investigators will solve her case---She deserves justice.

10. Steph9676

i would take balboa to Foothill make a right on Sierra hwy and left Golden valley however there are so many places on Sierra hwy to dump someone which makes me think they either held onto the body until later or she was partying with some friends and OD and they just pulled off to the road and left her there.
    All Sierra hwy is sketchy. Also at Sierra Hwy and newhall there are a lot of Drugs and gang activity. A ton. There is also a lot of drugs gang activity off the 14 on jakes way. Both 5 min from where Maricela was found.

11. Steph9676

I wonder if you posted flyers with a picture of Maricela in these areas asking if anyone has seen this girl if anyone would recognize her and call. There is a possibility she knew people from those 2 areas.

12. KooshBall

KooshBall Member

Well I was assuming it was an update because someone else posted that the she was only recently laid to rest.

13. mistivon

I think that's a good idea about posting the flyers. unfortunately, I think that whatever made the family shut me out would probably upset them if I took any action like that. nothing new really. I know she has a detective but I'm sure he has tons of cases. Why look for Maris killer when I imagine he's got other cases with loved ones banging down his door iykwim. I would love to make a stink, cry out for justice and see her face everywhere. im hoping Brenda will do a follow up. i didnt talk to her earlier but will message her now. She's like the forgotten girl.....again....and it makes me sad and mad at the same time. BUT I'm no longer an insider so I know nothing. Maybe they are really hot on a trail....maybe not :(

14. GigTu

GigTu ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ

The other girl may have been her sister.

About the dumpster, EG believes the fabric he found was a piece of her choker.

Katyydid23, the below link is one I started based on info from Balboa Moon. Misti suggested it may be helpful in finding some of the other girls we've been trying to get a dedicated thread for.

A human trafficking ring was busted by Los Angeles authorities, and they rescued 13 victims—some of whom were only 15 years old. There were 13 female victims—eight of them were juveniles. All of the victims in the case are from Central California.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...king-Awareness-Thread&p=13542981#post13542981

15. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

Was she found with or without the choker? That there would tell a lot about the accuracy of route

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

16. mocity

mocity Verified family -Cheryl Henry & Andy Atkinson case

I will let someone that is 100% answer but I followed this since the beginning. I thought they found the choker or a part of it. So I would think she was found without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

They found what they guessed was hers. That's why if she was found without it then that probably means it was hers and that was Def the path she took.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

18. Steph9676

Where Maricela was found never made a lot of sense to me so I drove to where she was found. The speed limit on Golden Valley is about 50 and has a good flow of traffic. To stop at the turn off where she was found you would have to break hard or drive very slow and also drive over a path for walkers/bike riders. You would have to be familiar with the area to know there is a turn off there. So I had a thought. By the aquatic center on golden valley and centre park way there are some industrial places with a dirt road that is open. I checked yesterday and you can drive to the same spot where Maricela was. What if that is the direction they came instead of from golden valley. I hope LE checked to see if those businesses had cameras. Just a thought. Any word yet on COD or any leads?

19. Steph9676

She was found where the red dot is.

Attached Files:

20. Steph9676

[​IMG]

Attached Files: