CA - Mass shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival, 3 dead up to 11 injured, 28 July 2019

Listening to NBC Bay Area live broadcast.
A woman attending the Festival said there was a police presence at the Festival, but shooter “came through the creek,” indicating the Festival goers were searched upon entry to the Festival, but he was able to enter with a weapon.

Yes. There is a creek along the back of the park.

Hey all, I posted a dupe in “crimes in the news” but I reported to be merged.

I have attended this festival since 2007. I met my hubs here in 2010. I suggested we go today but he said no it’s too hot so we went to the beach in capitola instead.

His nephew lived one block behind Christmas Hill park forever but sold his home and moved to Sac earlier this year. Or else our large extended fam likely would have been there.

I’m shell shocked about this. Very shook.
So sorry - it's hard when a tragedy happens close to home. It is shocking.

I'm glad you weren't there today.

jmo

"This is SR, 6 yrs old killed in today’s shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival. His mother and other family members were also injured in today’s shooting, being treated at the same hospital via
@janellewang
@nbcbayarea"
Rob Mayeda on Twitter

(I changed the boy's name to initials. Not sure if that is required.)

I’m very worried about the boys mom and Gma. Their injuries are worse than being reported if they were transferred to valley med and I also saw a press release where the publicist at St. Louise said they transferred “two critical victims” to valley med. the link is here in the thread.

The boy has the same name as my family member who lived directly behind Christmas hill park and recently moved if that isn’t Effin weird.

I'm really getting sick of stories like this...they've become a bit too common these days. I never would have thought people would have to be worried about getting shot at a garlic festival of all places. It's both heartbreaking and terrifying.

At least 4 dead, 15 wounded in shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival in San Francisco Bay area

The band Tin Man was doing an encore when gunfire erupted, CBS San Francisco reports.

Singer Jack van Breen said he saw a man wearing a green shirt and grayish handkerchief around his neck fire into the food area with what looked appeared to be an assault rifle.

Van Breen and other members of the band dove under the stage.

Van Breen told the statoin he heard someone shout, "Why are you doing this?" The person responded, "Because I'm really angry."

From the above article, paraphrase, "Shooter gained access to festival by cutting fence, avoiding security screening at specified entrance locations.".

Interesting. There was security for the event, for people who did not break the rules and create their own entrance. Based on the premeditated plan, the shooter obviously made an assessment of the security situation, and bypassed the security with fence cutting.

Just when event planners "think" that they have covered all of the bases, to create a secure environment.

Father says his 6-year-old killed at Gilroy Garlic Festival

SABBM:

"My son had his whole life to live and he was only 6," his father Alberto Romero told NBC Bay Area. "That's all I can say."

What more can anyone say?

Another act of senseless violence....

"Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing," to quote Shakespeare.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back