CA - Massive fire at Oakland warehouse party, 36 dead, 2 Dec 2016 #1

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by CARIIS, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. human

human Well-Known Member

Citations, court hearings, then if it is popular for some reason, protests

2. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

I have a question that will seem silly to some people. However, I have nothing to relate it to, that is why I am asking.

After seeing the pictures of what was in the Ghost Ship Warehouse, was this "stuff" for sale, was it a collection of Derrick's, what was the purpose of it? While much of it seemed like junk, there were pieces with beautiful wood carvings.

Where did he get the money to buy so many items? From what I've read, he counted on tenants rent to be able to make the rent. Where did the money come from to pay the electric bill which one would think was astronomical?

Needless to say, my knowledge of this lifestyle is zero, zilch! Not putting it down, just admitting as a Southern gal, it baffles me as how people live like this.

3. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

And there might also be an attorney advocate for tenant/artist/homeless rights who would file suit to prevent the government from doing the right thing. I mentioned upthread that this happened concerning a shuttered nursing home in Eureka overrun by squatters. They were finally removed but the neighbors were the ones who suffered through the process. Honestly, who upholds someone's right to rent or squat and destroy the property?!

4. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

Hi you!!

He stole electric from his neighbor. He charged first last and improvement fund and did nothing.

All the junk people who were paying him to live there in squalor bought all their own dumpster digging into their space.

My sense is one of them moved out, all the junk all around the place and on the street was from tenants who just decided they were getting screwed so to make space for the next victim they tossed it outside , which then got so full, they started throwing out the junk from the next one who split on the street.

He made them work around the place while charging them. There was one toilet, campers on the ground floor, freezing with electricity being a toss of the dice.

When certain people came in he made everyone hide proof of living there. His kids lived there crawling over used condoms and rusty nails, cat shi# all over, and hey smokers were welcome!!

That is a brief introduction !!!

Applications are no longer being taken he is in a 5 star hotel at the moment

5. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

This is a disaster beyond comprehension, and to have it effect one of ours, someone I have so much respect for (and I know I am not alone in this)... It hurts, badly. This should never have happened.

Gitana, you and you family are being held very near to my heart and my thoughts. I am so, so sorry. We love you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Derick Ion's SUV is at the Oakland Marriott Hotel. The missing list is up to 100.

7. mistivon

mistivon Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia

I have no doubt after watching the mayor talk about "the atrocity" that had been committed, that the right person(s) is going to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. She looked pissed.

8. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Oakland and Berkeley have a lot of old beautiful Victorian homes. There are always lots of old furnishings and things for sale at all of the big Flea Markets etc. You can get amazing old carved chairs and beautiful old frames very reasonably. At least you could 10 yrs ago, last time I shopped there.

9. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

my friend is an arson investigator with the ATF and she said the scene is horrific. they are sifting through ash for victims by bucket :(

there is a post in "up to the minute" you can take a look.

10. Magdalyn

Magdalyn New Member

Speaking of children...

http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/derick-ion-micah-allison-facebook-post-ghost-ship-fire/

11. Lilibet

He stole electricity from the business next door. Nice huh? Based on FB photos, he had enough money to travel with his wife and kids to places like India and Thailand and more. I don't know where that money came from. I don't think he sold stuff, but I could be wrong. He was a hoarder posing as an artist IMO. I don't think any of us can understand how he and the tenants lived like this. I do see a similar way of thinking play out among certain fringe residents of my very creative town, so I know it's all around. I'm accepting until laws are broken and it hurts people.

12. mistivon

I'm sorry. Is there a link for the missing list going from "under 50" to 100 since the PC?
    TIA

13. CARIIS

The place was on fire in 2014 - arson.

He is getting more charming by the moment. The two guys who asked for protection from him were attacked when they tried to get their stuff out .

I read this from another Dj also, when he did not pay him he tried to take his equipment out he threw him out and kept his stuff.

Link lost on this network http://www.ktvu.com/live, but when the next video starts there is no back arrow,

It is the piece with a reporter outside the Marriot (not the one earlier) I wish I could find it again, they had another victim who had lived there on cam, but I tried to back it up to get the date on the arson (2014) and then it went to another video .

It starts with a somewhat nerdy reporter standing in the valet area of the Marriot

if anyone can find pls link it was informative and new information about this udde

14. CARIIS

My overall take was numbers were going down in all cats.

Did I get this wrong?? Please tell me no

15. Lilibet

Does anyone else think we'll be seeing more of the mayor in a higher political office in future years? She is handling this horror with dignity and compassion. Gitana said she's been wonderful to them.

16. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Warehouse fire: What we know about the victims
    17-year-old among victims

By ANNECLAIRE STAPLETON AND JEANNE BONNER , CNN

Posted: 11:47 AM, December 05, 2016
    Updated: 6:34 PM, December 05, 2016

(CNN) - A budding musician. A truck-lover and bowling alley denizen. A singer whose adoring fans called him Nex Luguolo. A 17-year-old choir singer.

These are among the 36 people who lost their lives Friday night in a fire at an Oakland, California, warehouse where an electronic dance party was being held.

Authorities said they have identified at least 11 victims, but not all their names have been released.

Here's what we know so far about the victims:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/national/warehouse-fire-what-we-know-about-the-victims

17. CARIIS

I felt that way too! I hope they are following him he is gonna run imo

He is on probation they can use that as a reason to "monitor" him. OR he may kill himself -

18. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

these are the words I could not find, but have felt from the moment I heard about this disaster -- which became a gut-wrenching reality, no longer just TV news, when it involved our Gitana's family, and then blue's sister, too. I even have trouble tearing myself away from here for even a few minutes, afraid I will miss an important piece of info.

100 are still considered missing, in addition to the 33 bodies found? My gosh, how many were in that crowded space?

19. Lilibet

Arson in 2014? Maybe that's why murder was mentioned among the other possible charges by the DA. She's covering all bases.

20. mistivon

At the PC, they said there were under fifty on the missing list. LinasK (I think) said the missing list was now at 100. I really hope not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.