CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if you are all aware but we lost a good guy. This was Matthew‘s best friend Dyer (Matthew in the background). On December 10th Dyer was in a terrible car accident. He passed away in the hospital. Dyer, there are simply no words that can express just how much you meant to our family. You have been there since day one… You put yourself at risk countless times searching those mountains for your best friend Matt. You were absolutely torn to pieces over his disappearance. I still can’t believe this has happened. My heart goes out to your family. Dyer we will never forget you and you will be forever missed. I’d like to think that you and Matt are ridin’ together again. RIP Dyer Blankenship!

I'm so sorry.

thank you so much for your kind words, I know Dyer would have loved to hear them. There is no one that could replace him either.

@wildcats821

I am so very sorry about this awful news. Dyer talked the talk and walked the walk - as my dad used to say. He proved his friendship. Over and over. And then this happens. It feels like being piled on and you wonder if it will ever end. Wish I had the perfect words to help with your journey of grief. I know there are no words. Be assured there are many many folks who do care. Please take care dear girl.

FLY HIGH DYER

Wow, Matthew is still missing. When this first started, I thought it would be no time at all before Matthew was back in the bosom of his family.

I had to quit following this case and others when I went into chemotherapy and radiation. I’m back.

I see we have a VI, Matthew’s sister. So glad we have had so,Rome to answer questions. Wildcats, thank you. I’m so sorry this has happened to your family. May you find comfort. And I’m sorry to read of Matthew’s best friend Dyer’s death. But t the first thing I thought were that they were back together. Maybe Matthew missed Dyer too much or Dyer missed Matthew too much but one way or the other, they are together now. Hw awesome is that? JMO

I can't believe Matthew has not been found yet. I just checked out the map with pins - what are all of the red pins? Tips?

the different colored pins are a way of our family knowing what tips we have searched, high priority ones, certain ones that someone wanted to search, or ones that have been submitted a lot

Wow, Matthew is still missing. When this first started, I thought it would be no time at all before Matthew was back in the bosom of his family.

I had to quit following this case and others when I went into chemotherapy and radiation. I’m back.

I see we have a VI, Matthew’s sister. So glad we have had so,Rome to answer questions. Wildcats, thank you. I’m so sorry this has happened to your family. May you find comfort. And I’m sorry to read of Matthew’s best friend Dyer’s death. But t the first thing I thought were that they were back together. Maybe Matthew missed Dyer too much or Dyer missed Matthew too much but one way or the other, they are together now. Hw awesome is that? JMO

honestly when this first happened I expected Matthew to be home in 2-3 days. I never expected us to still be looking for his remains a year and a half later. That’s exactly how I think, Dyer had an extremely hard time losing Matthew and at least now he is able to be with him.

Wow really great video, thanks for sharing that. Do you know how long ago this was filmed?

Had I not known which path he took, this would have been confusing to me.
I hope they will make it a point to show exactly where the car stopped and why. It was a very treacherous spot. I am glad they showed the car path he took and how it would have damaged the underside of the car. Unbelievable. I can also understand why it was his Dad he called first. He was in grave trouble. His car got stuck in the ditch almost teetering on the edge. I can't help but think that was "the crazy s--t" going on.

I look forward to additional episodes to see what areas were searched and how they were searched.

Had I not known which path he took, this would have been confusing to me.
I hope they will make it a point to show exactly where the car stopped and why. It was a very treacherous spot. I am glad they showed the car path he took and how it would have damaged the underside of the car. Unbelievable. I can also understand why it was his Dad he called first. He was in grave trouble. His car got stuck in the ditch almost teetering on the edge. I can't help but think that was "the crazy s--t" going on.

I look forward to additional episodes to see what areas were searched and how they were searched.
His car stopped because he could not go any further there was a giant boulder in the way. It looks as though the car tried to back up and the ground broke away under it. That’s why the tire was hanging off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back