CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Tallulah. Lakkey

Tallulah. Lakkey Active Member

Any chance you have links? Screenshots?
    Hoping Matthew is found soon!

travelbug and Razz like this.
  2. wildcats821

wildcats821 Well-Known Member

The black circle is wear the shirt was found. Disregard the giant red circle not sure where thatcame from

QUOTE="crasont, post: 14985711, member: 207981"]According to @wildcats821 it's 15-20 feet away from the hat. I'll double check the photos when I'm back at that computer on Monday. I'm not too hopeful I'll be able to see them.[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

3. hardeeboy

hardeeboy Well-Known Member

Is there anything locals or non-locals can do to help generate new leads? Has this story been featured on a podcast or Nancy Grace type show?

4. wildcats821

Yes, looking at the aerial photos and posting your tips is extremely helpful for us and can be done from anywhere. Also always reposting any news articles or stories helps as well. No it has currently hasn’t been done but we are working on a couple of those. Stay tuned we will not let Matthews story die.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thinking of Matthew!

6. wildcats821

Thank you.

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I wish there was more I could do!

8. hardeeboy

I hope that new leads come in somehow. While I'd hope anyone with direct knowledge would have come forward by now - sometimes it takes a while for young people to wrap their head around these realities and do the right thing.

I had a question about what type of information is actually "actionable" vs just adding to the chaos of the investigation. ie - does it help if people are encouraged to "lower the bar" and offer less reliable, less specific insights? For example, reporting hearsay, rumors, or that shady neighbor or suspicious acting employee. Is that just garbage that slows things down?

Also, are you able to cross reference tips that came in on cases such as Elaine Park to see if there are any common tidbits about suspicious vehicles etc?

My family will continue to keep Matthew in our prayers.

9. hardeeboy

I hope the investigator Jayden Brendt from Malibu who helped solve the LA actress case is working on this. He seems to have good understanding of technology and have connections in law enforcement. Maybe he can fill in some of the gaps and keep the pressure on to get answers for the family.

10. K1774

K1774 Member

i'm a local born and raised and I have been following this story since I heard about it. This story hits close to home because I used to go to those exact areas and for parties or hikes back in HS days years ago, and it just seems so surreal to me that this could happen right there, in my own back yard, to an innocent young man that did not deserve this. My heart breaks for the family, and only makes me want to help even more. This weekend that area will most likely be populated with alot more foot traffic for the holiday weekend, but also is supposed to rain, so that might shut things down too...but here's a random thought...I haven't been up there in a couple years, but I saw a satellite pics of the area recently and looked like there was construction going on; have any workers been asked or questioned in regards to the day...or days after?

11. mks762

mks762 Well-Known Member

RSBM

RSBM

@K1774 Welcome! Glad to have you join the discussion. I've quoted a message from a family member of MW's re: construction workers. It seems they have spoken with them but don't seem to be looking at them as potential suspects is what I gather.

I also found this article we discussed a few pages back that says there was surveillance footage from near the construction site and it showed multiple people coming and going near where MW's vehicle was
    Family Members Announce $50K Reward Amid Search for Man Last Seen in Topanga Area in August
    "Jayden Brant, a private investigator hired by Weaver's family, said during a news conference that he has obtained surveillance video from a nearby construction site that shows people going in and out of the area where Weaver's vehicle was spotted. While he didn't release the footage, Brant said he hopes to speak to people who were there that night who can possibly shed some light into what happened to Weaver."

12. hardeeboy

https://www.dailynews.com/2019/05/25/missing-utah-woman-last-seen-at-malibu-motel

Another missing person in Malibu? Age 28-30. Possibly depressed but keep in mind that is the Malibu / LA County Sheriff department's default strategy to diminish public concern and cover their a**es. LE's focus should be on raising maximum awareness and locating the person - not steering their investigation according to potentially irrelevant assumptions using all capital letters...especially considering how often they have been wrong! Locals please spread the word on Jennifer Michelle Lorber.

travelbug, Niner, carbuff and 3 others like this.
  13. wildcats821

Any information could be valuable even if you think it is nothing it could lead to some thing. I always say no matter what the information is big or small submitting a tip could mean everything. If you have a tip that has anything to do with both Elaine and Matthew please submit them as well. My family as well as the PI will look into all of the tips,

travelbug, turanna25, carbuff and 8 others like this.
  14. wildcats821

We are going to be doing a live podcast and going through the story of Matthew disappearing on Wednesday night at 7pm. If any of you guys would like to come.

Attached Files:

15. LVatty10

LVatty10 Verified Attorney

Will it be recorded and available to stream? I would really love to hear it but I’m not local.

16. wildcats821

Yes We are currently working with Jayden.

17. wildcats821

Yes it is going to be recorded and available on iTunes

18. wildcats821

The post cast is coming out in 9 days

19. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

Neil Strauss posted about the live podcast for Matthew on his IG and Facebook - And also the donation page.

I know the date passed but I’m sure donations are still welcome.

Attached Files:

StarEyes, travelbug, jash and 7 others like this.
  20. hardeeboy

Anyone on here attend the podcast taping? Will the recording or episode be available soon?

Any impressions the attendees want to share?