CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... if you say it like that. But you have to look at the bigger picture.

They were supposedly left alone at home, without knowing where either parent was and without the means to contact them. And then, their mom goes missing.
Sadly, kids are left alone to raise themselves all too often. "Latch key" kids. I believe the oldest child is 11, which in my own personal opinion is still too young to be left to take care of the younger sister. Typically, age 12 is when children start babysitting for a couple hours. But that's just my own opinion, and I know others see this differently.

However, your points are strong. Not only were these children left alone, but no means of contacting the parents (at least that I have heard of). Definitely not a safe situation. I guess LM's mother has stepped in to help I believe I read?

I don't like those kids in that house until LM is cleared by LE.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I haven't heard any concern from Maya's family about the children's safety or physical welfare. However, they never thought this member of their family would act like he's been acting either. It's more worrisome that the children are being kept away from Maya's family entirely now, and possibly being influenced to think a certain way.
^^rsbm

Whereas I'm unaware of Maya's family alleging anything about the safety or welfare of the children under LM's care, I recall Maricris did say earlier she felt the children were becoming distant, and unwilling to visit with their grandparents and Aunt -- under the sole influence of LM.

However, I'm not aware if it's been confirmed whether or not the children are still in contact with Maya's family.

^^rsbm

Whereas I'm unaware of Maya's family alleging anything about the safety or welfare of the children under LM's care, I recall Maricris did say earlier she felt the children were becoming distant, and unwilling to visit with their grandparents and Aunt -- under the sole influence of LM.

However, I'm not aware if it's been confirmed whether or not the children are still in contact with Maya's family.
The podcast I bumped here will update you on the extent of how little the children are being allowed to interact with Maya's family. LM just doesn't respond, for instance to Maricris's call to invite the children to a cousin's birthday. LM doesn't respond or call back. Maricris said something about it being a month since she tried to talk to LM. It sounds like he's blocking them out entirely now.

The podcast I bumped here will update you on the extent of how little the children are being allowed to interact with Maya's family. LM just doesn't respond, for instance to Maricris's call to invite the children to a cousin's birthday. LM doesn't respond or call back. Maricris said something about it being a month since she tried to talk to LM. It sounds like he's blocking them out entirely now.

I was also pleased to hear that LE had spoken with the girls, or rather the children. At least LE had an opportunity to hear about their day on Friday, January 8th.
I wondered if they tried knocking on the bedroom door. Did they try calling their mother?
That was a very long, anxiety producing day for the girls, IMO.
I wonder if LM told them "Mommy wants to be left alone"?
Lots I like to know.
Patience, right"

...That was a very long, anxiety producing day for the girls, IMO.
Oh yes, if they thought she was in that locked room and not responding to them, it must have been alarming, unless they were told Mom didn't want to be bothered or they were used to that. It's hard to imagine the brother not being alarmed too, IMO.

What about this long anxiety producing time, over a month now, with their mother missing and their father acting like he can't be bothered to search, and LE serving a search warrant on their home. The police around is definitely anxiety producing for them. I believe they must be a little worried about losing another parent. They must feel like they've lost Maya's entire family if they aren't able to be around them like before. Just all my own thoughts and opinions.

I'm starving, will just drop this here and ask if you remember from the recent podcast interview-- Maricris in the podcast almost implied that was both Maya's and LM's Master Bedroom together. She also said something about them going to buy the jeep together. Did you catch that???

Need food! MOO and all speculation.

Incredible interview by Chris McDonough this past evening. The most concrete details I’ve ever heard about this case since the beginning.

boy it is tough to not point fingers as an investigator or family member. Great interview.

moderator. Feel free to delete this if I’ve shared too much. All of this was deduced from the interview. If anything, observations and not personal opinion.

clear facts

1. Larry is not cooperating, has not spoken to the family for weeks and has provided the family with zero reason why.

2. Last time that Maya was reported to be seen was Thursday evening (only reported by the kids)

3. Maya and Larry’s phones were off on Friday

4. Larry was out for most of the day Friday

5. Mayas phone has disappeared

6. Family has been in touch with detective every other day

7. The kids have been questioned by authorities

8. Not all missing persons cases get search warrants on home. And not common in situations where folks are cooperating.

Observations shared by viewers and investigator

1. Police know when both Larry and Mayas phone went off. Likely was part of the sealed evidence to obtain a search warrant for the house.
  2. Based on the family responses, The family indeed has concerns about Larry
  3. Homicide investigator mentioned that If Larry was innocent, his lawyer should be encouraging him to get in front of media as much as possible as we’ve seen in past homicide / missing persons cases.
  4. Larry is a person of interest. Just not officially stated.
^^^Excellent Notes more from a LE slant from @JakeB911. Thank You for making those notes. My notes are just an attempt to grasp some of the small details.

These are my own rough notes I made listening to the recent podcast. I was striving to catch more of the details. Some subjects were mentioned and left inconclusive. I did the best I could catching things said, but it may not all be exact-- Please just listen for yourself.

37:30 Maricris thinks that the MBR, the locked bedroom, was still both their bedrooms. She didn't know if LM may have slept in the loft if he didn't sleep in that bedroom.

41:35 Communication has been cut off by LM. Maricris said 2 or 3 wks. or even more now... Just recently she texted LM because she wanted to invite the children to a cousin's birthday, but LM didn't return the text. So, then Maya's father tried to call LM, but he didn't answer or respond.

approx 43:00 Maricris wants to say that in the first and second weeks LM asked her to handle the searches, but still communicated. Then, about one month ago, she asked LM for more help and to do more, but LM did nothing more. Since then, it seems he cut communication off. Now, at 7 wks. none.

Maya was the family's party and vacation planner. Counting Maya, there's six of them, and there's 16 nieces and nephews. Their parties are big, sometimes up to 30 people. They get together every other weekend to celebrate someone's birthday.

1:09:13 NCIS got mentioned but it pertained to some other people being looked into. (Mentions a Larry, but I think he means one of the prior panel.) It's still possible NCIS is running a parallels investigation, Chris says.

At the end of the podcast, Maricris and Richard left, and their was a Question and Answer session. Chris McDonough is a former LE.

- lots of people have questions about that locked from the outside bedroom door. One person wanted to know if it's the kind of lock you buy separate to put on the door. Chris is going to find out more about the lock on the bedroom door.

- sometimes there's a consent type search warrant and something called a "plain view doc or docer" where LE can take something of interest in plain view.

-Searches in the water areas around there is a good idea, Chris says.

-Geo Profiling is often the next step. That's where they study the possible suspect's behavior patterns like where LM might have often gone, etc.,

"HE'S ON THE BOARD" is how LE might say it, but he's not the board (yet).

The Interview Room - Chris McDonough
LIVE! Maya Millete Case Update: EXCLUSIVE
Discussion With Maya's Family

• Streamed live on Feb 21, 20

^^^ Why would someone ask Chris McDonough if he knew if the refrigerator door got damaged from collecting evidence from search warrant search of the home? He didn't know. Who would know that other than the residents or LE?
MOO and many question marks.

^^^ Why would someone ask Chris McDonough if he knew if the refrigerator door got damaged from collecting evidence from search warrant search of the home? He didn't know. Who would know that other than the residents or LE?
MOO and many question marks.

I'd speculate that the dent has a vague resemblance to a head shape and whether it was caused by her head or happened afterwards moo

So many people have been inspired by the search to find Maya. There's energy building up everyday to bring Maya home. All these beautiful caring people full of light, trying to create a shining light to find the way to her. Please let Maya be found soon, That is what needs to happen next. Maya needs to be found. Pray that happens soon.

Strangers draw on rocks in support of missing Chula Vista mother Maya Millete (10news.com)
upload_2021-2-23_1-34-22.png
"So she went onto her Facebook group, "Chula Vista South Bay Rocks," and invited others to join her in painting rocks for Maya, and leaving them along hike paths and parks."

'"I feel like if her children see these rocks in the neighborhood, maybe it'll bring some hope, and also for all the people that are out there helping to look for Maya, maybe a little form of encouragement," Hernandez said."

"She says the goal is for people to not only notice the rocks but to always keep Maya Millete on our minds."

So many people have been inspired by the search to find Maya. There's energy building up everyday to bring Maya home. All these beautiful caring people full of light, trying to create a shining light to find the way to her. Please let Maya be found soon, That is what needs to happen next. Maya needs to be found. Pray that happens soon.

Strangers draw on rocks in support of missing Chula Vista mother Maya Millete (10news.com)
View attachment 285662
"So she went onto her Facebook group, "Chula Vista South Bay Rocks," and invited others to join her in painting rocks for Maya, and leaving them along hike paths and parks."

'"I feel like if her children see these rocks in the neighborhood, maybe it'll bring some hope, and also for all the people that are out there helping to look for Maya, maybe a little form of encouragement," Hernandez said."

"She says the goal is for people to not only notice the rocks but to always keep Maya Millete on our minds."

How wonderful <3

I was also pleased to hear that LE had spoken with the girls, or rather the children. At least LE had an opportunity to hear about their day on Friday, January 8th.
I wondered if they tried knocking on the bedroom door. Did they try calling their mother?
That was a very long, anxiety producing day for the girls, IMO.
I wonder if LM told them "Mommy wants to be left alone"?
Lots I like to know.
Patience, right"
I wonder if the girls attended school Friday, and what time school starts for each of them. If LM left at 6:30, did he wake them before leaving and tell them to get ready for school? Were they mature enough to get ready, and log in at the appropriate times? I know my son wasn’t mature enough at 11 to keep track of time that well, and definitely not at 9.

Last night I watched Vinnie Politan’s (Court TV) interview with Maricris and her husband. May has a large extended family. I wonder how truly close Maricris was to May because she knew very little about LM’s work. Maricris’s husband had never had a one-on-one conversation with LM. May stated that May hadn't shared any personal problems in her marriage. Maricris did think that May shared those problems with close friends.

I wonder if the girls attended school Friday, and what time school starts for each of them. If LM left at 6:30, did he wake them before leaving and tell them to get ready for school? Were they mature enough to get ready, and log in at the appropriate times? I know my son wasn’t mature enough at 11 to keep track of time that well, and definitely not at 9.
Agree with your thoughts, plus I had questioned whether or not they even had school that day. According to their school’s calendar, winter break was 12/21 - 1/8, with school resuming on 1/12. The Friday in question was 1/8.

CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Agree with your thoughts, plus I had questioned whether or not they even had school that day. According to their school’s calendar, winter break was 12/21 - 1/8, with school resuming on 1/12. The Friday in question was 1/8.

CA - CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021
so per the children's account they last saw her on Thursday and they didn't have school that Friday so Maya wouldn't have needed to wake them up...interesting, worth taking note of that imo.

So general Q. to help me understand the context a bit better as I'm in the UK. Is it normal for homes in the US to have locks on bedroom doors in private homes? Particularly ones that need keys to unlock from the outside? It's highly uncommon in the UK, and it would be consider a health & safety risk. If there's locks on internal doors, it would usually be a 'thumb lock' that doesn't require a key from the outside for emergency's.

Other things I picked out from the "The Interview Room" interview (I may have missed others highlighting these):
  • Maricris confirmed that Maya was not supposed to be working on the Friday as they planned to go to Big Bear that day.
  • LM's interview said MM was downstairs and he was upstairs I believe. Maricris confirms in this interview that the Master Bedroom is on the second floor so further pulls into question his story about not seeing her on Friday (MOO)
  • Maricris confirmed that they both purchased the Jeep. Think many have noted the Jeep was 'hers' but it seems that Maricris almost made an effort to correct this in this interview...
Can't believe there's no liaison officer in a case like this for the family!

I just checked the Liberty Elementary School Schedule. Winter break ended and school started on January 5.
View attachment 285743
School Info
Thank You. Yet, I thought LM said home schooled. Was that schedule happening where school was physically back in session? Was it a disrupted schedule due to Covid because as far as I know schools were virtual school only then? (school closed for my GD on other side of Chula Vista) I do remember the Principal said he knew Maya was missing by Sunday night, wasn't it? What a very involved principal. Well, LM is the one suggesting he left the house Friday leaving Maya with the girls to be home schooled.

Last night I watched Vinnie Politan’s (Court TV) interview with Maricris and her husband. May has a large extended family. I wonder how truly close Maricris was to May because she knew very little about LM’s work. Maricris’s husband had never had a one-on-one conversation with LM. May stated that May hadn't shared any personal problems in her marriage. Maricris did think that May shared those problems with close friends.
I do have to agree with you that it doesn't sound like Maricris knows things about Maya's life that I'd expect for close sisters. Maricris said the whole big family got together often, almost every other weekend.

I think Maricris and Richard are doing a wonderful job keeping the missing Maya in the news. They truly love Maya. They are under great stress too, so I don't want to seem critical of them.

I've been looking to Maricris and Richard doing all these interviews to give more details and fill in the blanks. I just wish they could answer these lingering questions as we're still trying to figure basic things out.

What are the true details of that Friday? Were the girls suppose to go physically to school? I realize they can't be sharing lots of stuff with the general public, but so many people are concerned that those girls were left home alone that Friday without a way to contact either parent.

It wasn't a known fact, then, that Maya had a separate bedroom with a locked door. Maricris wasn't aware of it. She seemed to think, wasn't sure, they slept together and it was both their master bedroom.

What about the locked door? Could someone please answer more questions about that door being locked from the outside needing a key LM finally found?

Thank You. Yet, I thought LM said home schooled. Was that schedule happening where school was physically back in session? Was it a disrupted schedule due to Covid because as far as I know schools were virtual school only then? (school closed for my GD on other side of Chula Vista) I do remember the Principal said he knew Maya was missing by Sunday night, wasn't it? What a very involved principal. Well, LM is the one suggesting he left the house Friday leaving Maya with the girls to be home schooled.

I do have to agree with you that it doesn't sound like Maricris knows things about Maya's life that I'd expect for close sisters. Maricris said the whole big family got together often, almost every other weekend.

I think Maricris and Richard are doing a wonderful job keeping the missing Maya in the news. They truly love Maya. They are under great stress too, so I don't want to seem critical of them.

I've been looking to Maricris and Richard doing all these interviews to give more details and fill in the blanks. I just wish they could answer these lingering questions as we're still trying to figure basic things out.

What are the true details of that Friday? Were the girls suppose to go physically to school? I realize they can't be sharing lots of stuff with the general public, but so many people are concerned that those girls were left home alone that Friday without a way to contact either parent.

It wasn't a known fact, then, that Maya had a separate bedroom with a locked door. Maricris wasn't aware of it. She seemed to think, wasn't sure, they slept together and it was both their master bedroom.

What about the locked door? Could someone please answer more questions about that door being locked from the outside needing a key LM finally found?
The theory on the locked door was that due to Maya's government contract work, she needed a secure environment for the content she was working on .
That is a theory, not fact.

The theory on the locked door was that due to Maya's government contract work, she needed a secure environment for the content she was working on .
That is a theory, not fact.

Maricris in The Interview Room interview made it sound like that was the couple's normal master bedroom. She did not seem aware of that being Maya's own separate locked bedroom. She wasn't sure if Larry slept in the loft if he wasn't sleeping with Maya. In other words, Maya doing work from her and Larry's bedroom is questionable now.

...Maricris confirmed that Maya was not supposed to be working on the Friday as they planned to go to Big Bear that day....

Great notes, and so well organized. You caught some of the same little details that I did. Maya being off that Friday is something Maricris confirmed. You heard right. :) Your hearing is fine. However, I read early on that the plan was to go to Big Bear that Saturday, not that Friday.

Maricris said she was working that Saturday morning up where she lives. The family called her to say Maya was not answering any calls and that the brother had tried to go there Friday. Maricris said she sent Maya's father to go check on Saturday. No Maya, That's when she and Richard traveled the two hours down to CV, and that's when the family made LM unlock the bedroom door, etc.,

ETA-- Just trying to get the story straight, but still not sure when the actual trip up to Big Bear was going to happen. Friday? Saturday? or Sunday? MOO, I have no idea, nothing is being considered fact by me.

Last edited:
In the beginning, it seemed the trip was for daughter's birthday on Sunday. Of course, it makes more sense that it'd be a weekend trip.

Search party launched for missing Filipina in San Diego, California | Philippines Lifestyle News
January 13, 2021

'“The room was locked. But when my brother knocked on the door she was (not) responding and it was locked. My brother thought, she probably just wanted to be left alone,” said Maricris Drouaillet, sister of Millete."

'“The whole day of Friday, we didn’t hear anything from her. And then Saturday also. So I told my dad to go check on her, to open the door… she wasn’t there,” she added."

"Although the family admitted that Millete and her husband had problems, she said it was not her habit to leave for a long time without notice."

"They also said they had a family trip on Sunday for Millete’s daughter which she organized."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82