CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.
I remember hearing a talk on L.E. lie spotting.
Detectives have the suspect recite their story in reverse order. Bam.
Ask unexpected questions post getting the initial “story”.
Or call them in for another (surprise)questioning.
I know he lawyered up ...but they did get to question him, watch his body language, his voice & facial expressions...recorded it.
And then there is that gift of his phone interview.
The fact that they’ve asked the family PI to stand down ...I think they’ve got this.

MOO

I've read about how common that tactic is in investigations. LE will ask the same and similar questions constantly looking for inconsistencies. I believe that's why LM hired an attorney, probably frustration at having to constantly answer the same thing...perhaps he also may have said something that warranted more investigation during one of those questions which lead to the search warrant?

From what I've seen in some other cases, little bits of information will be "leaked" in order to get a suspect/poi to act in a way that might reveal their part in a crime. I am definitely suspicious that neither Larry nor his family have assisted, especially when total strangers have done so much, and he's cut off Maya's family altogether. Filipino families aren't like that, especially ones who've been in laws for 20 years and likely attended many family events. I don't know if he had anything to do with Maya's disappearance, but his behavior is abhorrent.

^^^ Watched it. I could tell it's wearing them down. They still try to remain neutral when talking about LM not being interested in searching, etc., and have kept it dignified and focused on Maya. Commendable.

According to Maricris, all their cars were parked outside either in the driveway or on the street because their garage had stuff in it. Per Maricris, there wasn't any neighbor's camera recording of Maya leaving at all on that Saturday. (no surprise to us)

At around the 06:30 mark, Maricris says Maya was seen on camera footage on Thursday afternoon. Maya came out of her house, looked in her jeep that was parked on the street, and she also looked like she was on her phone, then went back into her house.

Maricris says during the brief time the family was checking out neighbor's cameras they didn't see LM leaving Thursday night. Sunrise was around 6:50 a.m. that Friday, and LM was seen early Friday morning leaving in the Lexus. She didn't say if he was carrying anything or loading up the car.

This is only what the family had gathered on their own, and then LE started their investigation. It's possible LE has more. Lord, I hope so. There has to be other cameras that caught more including LM on his trip.

ETA-- Vinnie, at the 5:17 mark, asks Maricris if any of their family could provide childcare for Larry so he could help with searches. Maricris says her parents have always been willing to watch the children if asked, and do if Larry's parents go out of town or are unavailable. His parents sound like they're around a lot.

Last edited:
^^^ Watched it. I could tell it's wearing them down. They still try to remain neutral when talking about LM not being interested in searching, etc., and have kept it dignified and focused on Maya. Commendable.

According to Maricris, all their cars were parked outside either in the driveway or on the street because their garage had stuff in it. Per Maricris, there wasn't any neighbor's camera recording of Maya leaving at all on that Saturday. (no surprise to us)

At around the 06:30 mark, Maricris says Maya was seen on camera footage on Thursday afternoon. Maya came out of her house, looked in her jeep that was parked on the street, and she also looked like she was on her phone, then went back into her house.

Maricris says during the brief time the family was checking out neighbor's cameras they didn't see LM leaving Thursday night. Sunrise was around 6:50 a.m. that Friday, and LM was seen early Friday morning leaving in the Lexus. She didn't say if he was carrying anything or loading up the car.

This is only what the family had gathered on their own, and then LE started their investigation. It's possible LE has more. Lord, I hope so. There has to be other cameras that caught more including LM on his trip.

ETA-- Vinnie, at the 5:17 mark, asks Maricris if any of their family could provide childcare for Larry so he could help with searches. Maricris says her parents have always been willing to watch the children if asked, and do if Larry's parents go out of town or are unavailable. His parents sound like they're around a lot.

I'm listening to this now and it's heartbreaking. I feel so bad for them. I wish I could help search or something. I understand that they're frustrated that they have no answers from the police. I'm hoping that Maya's family will soon be grateful that the police have played it so close to the chest once LE have made their next move, whatever that may be.

I'd be interested to know what she was seen wearing on Thursday afternoon. Maybe she was wearing Fabletics? Just a thought

Amateur opinion and speculation

I'm listening to this now and it's heartbreaking. I feel so bad for them. I wish I could help search or something. I understand that they're frustrated that they have no answers from the police. I'm hoping that Maya's family will soon be grateful that the police have played it so close to the chest once LE have made their next move, whatever that may be.

I'd be interested to know what she was seen wearing on Thursday afternoon. Maybe she was wearing Fabletics? Just a thought

Even though we don't, LE & family definitely know what she was wearing on Thursday afternoon when she went to her car and back thanks to that CCTV..

I've read about how common that tactic is in investigations. LE will ask the same and similar questions constantly looking for inconsistencies. I believe that's why LM hired an attorney, probably frustration at having to constantly answer the same thing...perhaps he also may have said something that warranted more investigation during one of those questions which lead to the search warrant?

From what I've seen in some other cases, little bits of information will be "leaked" in order to get a suspect/poi to act in a way that might reveal their part in a crime. I am definitely suspicious that neither Larry nor his family have assisted, especially when total strangers have done so much, and he's cut off Maya's family altogether. Filipino families aren't like that, especially ones who've been in laws for 20 years and likely attended many family events. I don't know if he had anything to do with Maya's disappearance, but his behavior is abhorrent.

I agree. Him hiring an attorney doesn't bother me as much as it has for many other people. Lots of people seem to look at it as a declaration of guilt. I'm more perturbed by his lack of cooperation with LE and in the searches for Maya. Chris McDonough did mention that search warrants aren't generally used in a missing person case so you could very well be right.

Also, abhorrent is a great word to describe his behavior. I am definitely with you on that one.

MOO

I'm beginning to wonder if Maya will ever be found without a confession.
I can only imagine how arduous it must be obtaining, then reviewing street cam video. Let us pray something will be revealed by that means. I don't think there is any chance of a confession, IMO.

I can only imagine how arduous it must be obtaining, then reviewing street cam video. Let us pray something will be revealed by that means. I don't think there is any chance of a confession, IMO.

I agree with you. Apparently, California does have the death penalty so it might be used as a bargaining chip later on... assuming there's enough evidence to convict someone in the first place. And you never know, luck could be on our side.

is there any surveillance showing she didnt leave the house?

I'm beginning to wonder if Maya will ever be found without a confession.
I feel this way, too, Knox. A couple of cases right now are just so stalled and with no avenues to pursue, and this one feels like that for me. Especially if MM is “lost *cough*/placed” in a remote area. But there’s always the possibility that LE has way more cards in their hands than we think.
Sadly, I don’t think she’ll be found alive, but maybe the evidence collected from the search warrants will be enough to crack this case open. At least that’s what I tell myself.
MOO

FYI: Part 2 is tomorrow 8 EST! Can't wait!

@swedeheart I didn't watch 'Part I' because I watched the first one they did with the same panel a while back that you posted. Do you think it's still worth watching this one? I was a bit confused why they chose to make another...

@swedeheart I didn't watch 'Part I' because I watched the first one they did with the same panel a while back that you posted. Do you think it's still worth watching this one? I was a bit confused why they chose to make another...

Definitely worth a watch IMO. They pick up on stuff that I didn't expect and dive a lot deeper than the previous one. They made a part 2 because there was too much information to go through and not enough time.

I do recommend it! In the first video, they vaguely discussed LM's interview, but in the second video (Part 1) they went into super specific detail, and it was highly informative. (I'm really interested in body language and voice analysis, so if you are too, you should def take a look/listen.) I think the posters here have done amazing jobs at posting the important points from the video, though, if you don't want to listen. If Part 2 is not 3 hours long, like Part 1 was, I'll try to do a synopsis, too. :)

I just want to leave this here, although I could probably post this in numerous threads right now.

Experts on the Twisted Reasons Why Some Husbands Kill Their Wives

"The murder will generally follow some sort of argument, Giacalone says: “I call it the homicide triangle: love, money and drugs. Those are three things you can jump off of from an investigative standpoint. Though an argument can be about anything.”

Experts on the Twisted Reasons Why Some Husbands Kill Their Wives

"The murder will generally follow some sort of argument, Giacalone says: “I call it the homicide triangle: love, money and drugs. Those are three things you can jump off of from an investigative standpoint. Though an argument can be about anything.”
Informative article! Thanks @swedeheart.
I can see more than one reason in this failing marriage. Perhaps #2 and #3, and maybe a couple from the less common category. All JMO though.
animated-dividing-line-image-0259.gif

Experts on the Twisted Reasons Why Some Husbands Kill Their Wives - A&E (aetv.com)

"He finds that there are four common motives behind intimate-partner killings,..."

“You have to understand at the outset,” he says, “that these don’t necessarily occur in isolation and there could be more than one motive for the crime; usually there is.”
  1. The first—and most common—motive Dietz sees is anger, expressed in a pattern of escalating rage, abuse and violence.
  2. The next-most-common motive: fear of abandonment and loss. “He’s afraid she will leave,” says Dietz. This usually occurs after she has threatened or attempted to leave—
  3. A third commonly seen motive, he says, is sexual jealousy. This includes everything from becoming upset that she flirted with someone to knowledge of an actual affair.
  4. A fourth reason a male partner kills his wife is that he’s suicidal. The killer may or may not then take his own life. Some of them chicken out at that point, Dietz says.
  • Less common motives include collecting insurance, mercy killing, psychotic mental illness and replacing a wife with another partner (solving the problem of alimony). Some kill their spouse because they think it’s the only way they can win a custody dispute—the irony being if they get caught, they’ll lose custody.

I can see more than one reason in this failing marriage. Perhaps #2 and #3, and maybe a couple from the less common category. All JMO though.

Experts on the Twisted Reasons Why Some Husbands Kill Their Wives - A&E (aetv.com)
animated-dividing-line-image-0079.gif

It doesn't apply to this case. However, there's several cases in the article where the woman was pregnant and that seemed to be one of those less than common motives that should be included. The spouse, like Scott Peterson, though hard to explain, it seems, he realized he didn't want the baby and have to stay married. That seemed like part of the motive, and he had no qualms about murdering his wife and unborn child. :( These cases just make me sick with heartbreak.

When I see a picture of Maya with her four year old son it hits me everytime how this little boy adores his Mom and what it is going to do to him if she doesn't return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah