CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I believe it was LM that first told the public he and his wife were having marital problems for about a year. I think it was after LM made these statements to several media sources that MM's family/sister - confirmed there was tension between the couple during the last family outing.

I think the family has been doing their best to wait LM out but I think something has happened behind the scenes for MM's sister to speak up about the divorce appointment, and MM needing a large sum of money.

In other words, we are now hearing about a motive for MM to go missing without a trace.

2. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

i totally agree with all of it. i am just hoping that if the PI had any info to give, that the CVPD took it down at least.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    BeachSky, misgrn, Chocoholic and 9 others like this.
  3. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

:(
    It appears that way.
    Poor Maya !

BeachSky, Curious Me, misgrn and 6 others like this.
  4. PsychSnack

PsychSnack Well-Known Member

I cannot help but wonder what the consequence of this tactic will have in LM’s current environment. Based on my own non-expert behavior analysis of LM’s past behaviors, this tactic will anger him. But what does making him angry do for helping to find Maya? IMO he’s angered more because his name is smeared further. We know based on his last public statement that he doesn’t like the way media portrays him. His SIL finally publicly verified that there was a motive, and now more people in LM’s environment may not look at him as the “naive” husband...Anyway, because of the effect this may have on his psyche, I worry for his children.

You’re right, something changed for MM’s sister to reveal this info. It had to be intentional, with permission granted from LE, right?!? Perhaps she is just sooo exasperated that it slipped, but I doubt it.
    MOO

5. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

6. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

If LE didn't sanction the release of information. IMO, the only reason Maricris tip-toed around LM was because of the kids. After LM stopped letting Maya's family see them, there is no longer a reason to play nice with him.

Further, I feel the family suspected LM and foul play from the beginning- with good reason I might add.

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Perhaps MM family are seeking to obtain visitation rights of the children and cease the alleged family alienation by LM. Perhaps an experienced legal guardian attorney giving them advice on how to proceed. I wonder if the paternal grandparents are still allowed visitation?

8. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Not an expert in this area; I'm thinking the courts won't touch this (at this time). At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think there is (potential) high risk to the well being of those children *if* the husband is involved in Maya's disappearance in any way. Since LE has not named him a POI, I "guess" CPS can't do anything (?), but I am extremely concerned about them. Extremely.
    I am praying that the husband of 20+ years is not involved. That would just be so terrible for these children, and of course the extended family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

I believe we are all concerned about the children that have suddenly lost the love and support of both their mother AND their extended family of which they clearly had a prior bond. The family may first seek mediation if not court intervention. Clearly, somebody should see the children and confirm they are in-fact OK.

Reportedly, it seems the children are limited to only a relationship and support by their dad -- who may very well not be physically or mentally fit to parent as time continues to pass.

Under California law, a grandparent can ask the court for reasonable visitation with a grandchild. To give a grandparent reasonable visitation with a grandchild, the court has to:
    1. Find that there was a pre-existing relationship between grandparent and grandchild that has “engendered a bond.” This means that there is such a bond between grandparent and grandchild that visitation is in best interest of the grandchild.

AND

2. Balance the best interest of the child in having visitation with a grandparent with the rights of the parents to make decisions about their child.
    Visitation Rights of Grandparents - custody_famlaw_selfhelp

10. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Thank you for this excellent information! I wish there were something that could be done short term/immediately. This is so worrisome.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Weeobanite, Tink56, BeachSky and 6 others like this.
  11. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

I think Maricris going public with certain info is a combo of factors- frustration with LE, frustration with LM, and lack of any information one way or another from any sources. I know this forum is pro-LE, but I would be just as frustrated and angry as MM's family. In a situation like this, it's really hard to rely on LE and assume they are competent at these kinds of investigations, especially when there hasn't been much forward movement, no POI, no request for help to an outside agency. In Maricris' shoes, I would be less confident in the investigator with each passing day.

I thought they said the FBI got involved, what happened there? Either way, LM is in a bad position. Wife goes missing the night she makes an appointment with a divorce attorney AND you have an argument, then you don't report her missing for days? Even if he didn't have anything to do with her disappearance, he's still completely unreliable and the family has every right to blame him for, at the very least, the lack of care and concern for Maya. He should've raised the alarm, he let the situation play out until her family reported her missing, what utter bs. At this rate, I've lost any confidence that LM didn't have something to do with this, and hope to God something happens soon.

12. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

13. PsychSnack

14. PsychSnack

San Diego’s top stories feat. MM’s sisters attorney. The shrine though with their picture and what looks like blood splatters...WHAT in the world!!! INSANITY. Ugh, I am terrified even more for what the children are being exposed to right now. MOO

15. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

cvaldez1975, bluenoser, jash and 5 others like this.
  16. PsychSnack

Sorry I double posted this by mistake. Great article, so glad more info has been released. IMO he should be making a mistake soon because he seems mentally ill. Hundreds of texts per day?!? Requesting all male coworkers be moved?!? Obsessive and possessive personality. o_O

17. moonrise

moonrise Well-Known Member

IMO, those kids need to be out of that house YESTERDAY. :eek::mad::(

18. PsychSnack

I feel like based on those text messages he sent MM, her sister could file for custody or take this to court as proof that LM is entirely mentally unstable. I don’t know how custody battles work, but he did himself NO favors by leaving those paranoid and cult like text messages. NO FAVORS. He needs professional help in more ways than one. That has been made blatantly clear. IMO

19. Curious Me

Curious Me Who When Where What Why & How

Attorney describes walk-through of Maya Millete’s South Bay house | cbs8.com
    Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
    Published: 8:33 PM PDT April 2, 2021 / Updated: 8:33 PM PDT April 2, 2021

Thank You. Gosh, we can always depend on David Gotfredson to dig up the real details. He's such a blessing in the cases he covers. The news video... it's disturbing. That hole in the wall freshly repaired. There may have been a time LM didn't use a key to get at Maya behind that door? Just my own speculation here.

A freezer! Haven't I mentioned a freezer in many of my posts? It was missing, but found at one of Larry's relatives. That is exactly what I was thinking. ( :( Elizabeth Sullivan flashbacks)

I'm so disappointed in what sounds like genuine "we got nothing" from LE. They need to call for help. The main thing is to find Maya. Sigh, I can't imagine how her family can bear this ongoing agony.

MOO

20. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.