CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I misunderstanding something here? Larry said he took his son to Solana Beach. He never mentioned he was going in to work. Am I missing something? It's very possible he did both but why not mention it? I'm confused. MOO
AFAIK he took son to beach very early in the morning and didn’t return until that evening. It was a cold day remember. It’s odd regardless. Especially because he was supposed to be preparing for a trip. Moo

AFAIK he took son to beach very early in the morning and didn’t return until that evening. It was a cold day remember. It’s odd regardless. Especially because he was supposed to be preparing for a trip. Moo

The whole scenario is odd to be sure. I just think it's weird that going to work *seems* to be an after thought. Maybe he realized his story of taking his 4 year old to a Beach on a cold day for 11 hours is weird? It's a heavy assumption on my part. But if he did go in to work, was his son with him? He had apparently had the day booked off according to Maya's family. Why would he go to work then? He left his phone at home so it's not like he was called in. And (again, I'm assuming) would it be acceptable to bring a 4 year old to work? I have so many questions. I'm going to read the article again. I might just have misunderstood. MOO

We have at least one that is behaving the exact same way LM is, and that's the husband of missing wife Suzanne Morphew. Now, there has been no arrest in that case either, but the similarities in these 2 cases are strikingly similar, down to similar words in statements.

Another very similar case to this one was mom and wife, Maria Guzman- Cordova case, from Vista, CA. Hubby said she left after an argument, leaving her beloved kids and personal belongings behind. Search parties gathered and flyers went out, but hubby stopped commenting. He was eventually arrested for her murder, after they found her body, but mid-trail, the judge released him!

Found Deceased - CA - Maria Guzman-Cordova, 38, San Diego, 13 Oct 2017 *Arrest*

In my opinion, these husbands are out here learning from each other by following true crime online, and it's pretty darned creepy.
I think they are "learning" too! IMO. No offense, but these killers are idiots thinking they will keep getting away with it. Makes me angry. Just leave. Unless you prefer life in prison. imo.

I wonder how closely LM followed the Maria Guzman case. I mean, I live in a small town so everyone would be aware of it if it happened here. I did reach out to some influencers who live nearby Chula Vista to help spread the word about Maya and they hadn't heard about her despite all of the searches and media attention. But, I do find it odd how similar both stories are. Might be worth it to search nearby Palomar Mountain. MOO

3/17 Vinnie talks with Maricris about updates
3/17/21 The Unsolved Casefile: Where is Maya Millete? - Court TV

Maricris crys every night
They do a search every week end
PI stopped because he was not getting info from LE
HE does not call Maracris after the searches to see if they found anything
Maricris invited HIM last week to her daughters bday party - no response
Maricris said MAya was NOT “hanging out with friends “ since pandemic began . Friends confirm.
Maya was not a big drinker. Brother in law tried to hand her a beer when they were all camping. MMs husband got mad per BIL
She was a hands on mom all the time.
Maricris ends with crying & begging HIM
to man up and help them find Maya.

ETA- a little of what was said.
MOO

Last edited:
I think manning up
3/17 Vinnie talks with Maricris about updates
3/17/21 The Unsolved Casefile: Where is Maya Millete? - Court TV

Maricris crys every night
They do a search every week end
PI stopped because he was not getting info from LE
HE does not call Maracris after the searches to see if they found anything
Maricris invited HIM last week to her daughters bday party - no response
Maricris said MAya was NOT “hanging out with friends “ since pandemic began . Friends confirm.
Maya was not a big drinker. Brother in law tried to hand her a beer when they were all camping. MMs husband got mad per BIL
She was a hands on mom all the time.
Maricris ends with crying & begging HIM
to man up and help them find Maya.

ETA- a little of what was said.
MOO
I think manning up is not in LM’s skill set. Just MOO

I know the husband certainly hasn't done anything to *not* look suspect in this sad case. As a matter of fact, he has been his own worst enemy in the court of public opinion. But that doesn't make him guilty of murdering his wife. Yes, he needs to explain the "odd coincidence" of a bizarre beach retreat at 6:30am the day his wife went missing. Suspicious? Uh yeah, I should say so. Guilty? Not necessarily so. Perhaps it is a strange coincidence.

I remain open minded, despite the strong impulse not to do so. I still believe their is a chance that she could be in that park near their home, and was overlooked during a search.

Regardless, let's pray her loving family gets answers very soon. Poor Maya.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I got nothing...but this is on page 4, so.....

I do feel so bad for the children. Can’t CPS step in just to evaluate their mental status? Whether or not their dad did anything is not the issue here. He is isolating them while their mother is missing and should quit worrying about what people do or don’t think. They probably think he is punishing them for something when he won’t let them see their cousins!

I got nothing...but this is on page 4, so.....

I do feel so bad for the children. Can’t CPS step in just to evaluate their mental status? Whether or not their dad did anything is not the issue here. He is isolating them while their mother is missing and should quit worrying about what people do or don’t think. They probably think he is punishing them for something when he won’t let them see their cousins!

I think CPS needs to step in as well to access the children’s mental/emotional health at the very least. Perhaps if CPS gets enough complaints, they might intervene.

"It’s been 11 weeks, going for almost three months now," Drouaillet said. "I know (police) can’t really tell us much information … but they said they don’t have anything at all. So that’s just been really frustrating."

She added: "We do understand that it is an active investigation, but it’s taking so long."

Community members have been aiding the search effort to find Millete. One Facebook group, for example, "Maya Millete’s Search Warriors" was formed to take some of the burden off of Millete’s family. The group organized a search party on Sunday.

"We will find answers, eventually," Drouaillet’s husband, Richard, told San Diego’s FOX 5 on Sunday. "We just have to keep doing what we’re going, keep that pressure on the police department to keep moving forward. Don’t let it become a cold case. We’re not going to allow that – we’re going to get answers."
California missing woman's sister frustrated by lack of progress in her case, 'taking so long'

"It’s been 11 weeks, going for almost three months now," Drouaillet said. "I know (police) can’t really tell us much information … but they said they don’t have anything at all. So that’s just been really frustrating."

She added: "We do understand that it is an active investigation, but it’s taking so long."

Community members have been aiding the search effort to find Millete. One Facebook group, for example, "Maya Millete’s Search Warriors" was formed to take some of the burden off of Millete’s family. The group organized a search party on Sunday.

"We will find answers, eventually," Drouaillet’s husband, Richard, told San Diego’s FOX 5 on Sunday. "We just have to keep doing what we’re going, keep that pressure on the police department to keep moving forward. Don’t let it become a cold case. We’re not going to allow that – we’re going to get answers."
California missing woman's sister frustrated by lack of progress in her case, 'taking so long'

that has to be so frustrating. They said they have nothing at all?!? Then why not allow the PI? moo

"I know (police) can’t really tell us much information … but they said they don’t have anything at all. So that’s just been really frustrating."
Instant depression reading that. Maya's family deserves answers. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if Maya were my sister, daughter, mother, aunt, co-worker, friend... not going to include wife because I can't put emotions where there doesn't seem to be emotions from her husband.

How could LE not have anything from their investigation? Nope, I don't believe that. Here's hoping LE has something and they're just waiting for the right time. Maya is out there someplace and I pray she is found soon.
It's just a matter of time. Keep the faith!
Prayers for Maya's
family.
Good advice... Keep the Faith and keep on praying.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member