CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

More video reference:

2 weeks ago:

3 weeks ago:

3 weeks ago:

2. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I feel as though we are actually inching into Powell territory more than ever.. the neighbors all thought they were serving arrest warrant.. I’m sure when LM opened the door and saw LE he thought immediately that it was time for arrest. But no, they do the search and leave and he’s there again, with the children, listening to the ticking clock. Not long before he loses them, not long before he loses everything. Not good.

They were still there as of 2 hours ago (at least a 4 hr search)

I’m baffled by the non-cadaverine dog and what he’s supposed to be detecting?
    Only a matter of time. Moo

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    PMLsmom, Kismet7, Chocoholic and 20 others like this.
  3. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

1 month ago:

3 months ago:

3 months ago:

4. Curious Me

Curious Me Who When Where What Why & How

Search warrant served four months after disappearance of Chula Vista mom Maya Millete (10news.com) News at 11 p.m.
    The video starts during daylight, but later the search is still going on after 10 p.m. Here's my take on what went on later tonight. If you can, please watch the video.

Laura Acevedo from 10News is still reporting from the Millete house tonight after dark. She says that several detectives came out about 10:15 p.m. with evidence boxes and loaded them into the evidence van. Then, the black pickup truck that has the vanity plates "MILLETE", which I believe is LM's, was pulled out of the garage and is sitting in the driveway as she is reporting. I don't know if LE will later be impounding that vehicle.

[​IMG] Perhaps it's about time for an arrest.

The search warrant was served beginning around 4:30 on a Friday night, and is being wrapped up it appears at around 11 p.m., so quite a thorough search it seems. Maya's Family and a large group of people are still outside the house, standing there in the dark, hoping for some answers.

5. Puzzles

Puzzles Well-Known Member

Snippets from Chula Vista Police Lt. Frank Giaime speaking to reporter on video:

- "Can you tell us about items pulled out of the house?"
    "No. We're trying to maintain the integrity of the investigation, so unfortunately we can't provide those details."

- The border patrol dog was used "to detect certain items."

- The family was in the house at the time of the search.

- There was no resistance to LE's entry into the house.

- When asked about the Evidence van, Lt. Giaime replied "Yes. It's part of our lab."

May the children be protected.

6. Tealgrove

Tealgrove #Where Is Summer? #Gannon Is My Hero

After a quick look at the training of customs and border service dogs I don’t believe this particular dog is a cadaver dog. I think this dog was either sniffing out a gun or perhaps spent shell casings that may have been missed previously.

The pressure is mounting on Larry. I cannot believe the amount of tension in that house. I know we’ve been saying all along that the kids need to be removed from the home but they REALLY need to get those kids out.

MOO

7. Curious Me

Curious Me Who When Where What Why & How

It's worth watching this news video too. Every news station has there own reporting and their own videos of the search going on. This case is all over the San Diego news, and everyone is awaiting a break in the investigation. This was on the 11 p.m. news and shows a different view of what was going on at the search of the house. (they reported it was a 6 and 1/2 hr. plus search) I think Maricris & Richard came down from Riverside thinking it was an arrest warrant only to find out it was a search warrant. Lots of info on the video, and worth watching.

NBC 7 San Diego – San Diego News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Breaking News (nbcsandiego.com)

Chocoholic, jash, NoSI and 9 others like this.
  8. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Detectives arrived with the investigative court order in hand at the Millete at about 4:30 p.m., according to the Chula Vista Police Department.

Neighbors tell News 8 that police arrived at the Millete home dressed in full tactical gear. The garage was closed off at 6:17 p.m.

According to News 8 investigative producer David Gotfredson, who's on the scene, all three children are accounted for.
    Chula Vista police on scene of the home of Larry Millete | cbs8.com

9. they'll get you

REMOVE THE CHILDREN NOW.

In Australia we have had a spate of men murdering their partners, most recently a mum of 3, Kelly Wilkinson was bashed and set on fire in front of her children! Kelly had begged the police on numerous occasions for help.

How can this be stopped?

Dammit we need a vaccine against THIS world wide pandemic.

10. Tealgrove

Did I hear correctly that the children were present when LE arrived but Larry was not home?

Anyone know if he came home or stayed away?

According to reports above, guns and ammo boxes were removed. I’m surprised they hadn’t been taken earlier.

11. Puzzles

Puzzles Well-Known Member

Maya's children, aged four, nine and eleven, have no mother.

And, it appears, soon they will have no father.

Now, they've experienced a group of police, and possibly a dog as well, searching their home for around six hours.

Lt. Giaime stated the family was in the house at the time of the search.

Where were the children kept during the search? Were they confined to a room, perhaps with their dad, whilst the house was searched?

Were they confined to a room with a police officer, who treated them with loving sensitivity?

The police were searching the house from 4:30 until 1around 11pm. Who made their dinner tonight? Who tucked them into bed?

What was told to them as an explanation for this potentially terrifying event? How were their questions answered?

Are their protocols in place for extensive searching of a home with young children present?

It's difficult to imagine how completely traumatizing this day must have been for these little motherless children, and what could possibly be done to alleviate the damage to their psyches, which will be with them, for always.

This is all too outrageous to think about. There must be a better way than to conduct a search with three youngsters present.

Their father hasn't allowed them contact with their maternal extended family, but I understand they have seen their paternal extended family. I suppose the police couldn't have arranged for some loving family member to accompany them on the search, in case Larry was alerted to the pending warrant, but couldn't some adult the children know and love and trust been notified as soon as police entered the home and requested to take them for the evening?

Maybe that was done, but no one was free at such short notice to take the children. Or maybe Larry wouldn't allow it.

I don't know. I just can't believe this search took place with the children at home. It was sad to see Maricris and her husband interviewed right outside the house during the search, and yet even if LE allowed them to enter to comfort the children, Larry would have forbidden it.

It's all just wrong.

"Police are free to approach and question any child who may have witnessed or been the victim of a crime, just as they can contact and interview an adult. Police can question a child without a parent present and are not required to obtain permission from a parent before questioning the child.
    However, if a parent is present when the police approach the child or police ask permission in advance, a parent can refuse to allow the child to be interviewed..."
    Can Police Question a Child Who Has Witnessed or Been a Victim of a Crime?

Does this mean the children may have been interviewed by police today about what they may have witnessed or heard in the house around the time their mother disappeared?

12. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Maya Millete disappearance: Police serve another search warrant at Millete's Chula Vista home

5/8/21
    [..]

Both of the family’s cars were seen in the garage of the home and a white police evidence van was parked in the driveway for much of the evening. At about 10:15 p.m., the van was pulled to the side of the driveway and a black vehicle was pulled out of the garage and parked next to the van.

Around 11 p.m., investigators were observed hauling boxes out of the house and loading them into the evidence van in the driveway before it pulled away.

[..]

In a recent update, police said they’ve written 23 total warrants and conducted nearly 60 interviews in the search for Millete.

Chocoholic, misgrn, Niner and 7 others like this.
  13. they'll get you

4E2C0794-20C4-48B2-BDBB-A5CCB4F619D5.jpeg

I can see children running around in this video while the police are searching the house. :(

CBS 8 San Diego.

14. Tealgrove

I can also see a woman in a dress in the back yard along with a child. Grandma maybe?

jash, Curious Me, Puzzles and 8 others like this.
  15. moonrise

moonrise Well-Known Member

Oh, to be a fly on LM's wall right now ...

Question: Can LE interview the children at any point, or can LM refuse to allow it? I feel so bad and so scared for them. There's no telling what they've seen, heard, and been told. :(

Chocoholic, misgrn, Dre and 6 others like this.
  16. Tealgrove

IMO whatever happened to Maya, by all appearances, LE thinks it happened in her own home.

Somebody needs to fess up. I can’t imagine the toll that is being taken on Maya’s children and other family members.

Game over…:mad:

Kittybunny, SMR2727, carbuff and 8 others like this.
  17. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

The Perp will never confess, but may take the cowards way out. And this is why the innocent children in this tragic scenario need to be removed immediately. This is only amateur opinion and speculation.

18. Cuoco7

Cuoco7 Well-Known Member

There was a 30 minute helicopter video showing all of the children playing and running in the backyard. There was also a women in a house dress and a man sitting in a chair outside the slider. It looked like there may have been an additional female, so in similar wear sitting a bit further away. Did not appear LM was in any of the video from the given angle.

scriabina, Chocoholic, jash and 10 others like this.
  19. Tealgrove

I agree that the perp won’t confess but maybe someone else needs to come clean and end all of this? MOO

Lyanna, jash, IHAVENOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  20. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Yes. If they are going to cut a deal, they better move fast. That window of opportunity is about to end. Perhaps they think they are slicker than LE/FBI.....NOT. Let's hope they like the color orange.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Chocoholic, Anirtak and sassyblue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.