CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego local here….Thinking about possible sites where LM may have taken Maya and I remembered poor Erin Cowan . It would be easy to get turned around in the Joshua Tree/Twenty Nine Palms area (with many many abandoned mines) which Google thinks is about 2 hrs 49 min from a Chula Vista. He may have felt pretty safe using his GPS once he’d driven a ways back out.
Transporting the body of your deceased wife along with your very young son would be no easy feat-- even for LM. If LM acted alone, I think he drove to an area familiar to him.

Also, knowing LM openly discussed hiring a hitman to attack MM's alleged paramour, I wouldn't be surprised if he had assistance disposing of MM's body. LM was not unknown to gang activity -- he may have exchanged his missing weapons for a name-- somebody with more experience that took MM to her final location. MOO

I have always believed she is in a cavern of sorts, close to water. Not a well, but a cavern. But I think we are both thinking along the same lines. I think she has been "deposited" somewhere vs. weighted down or buried. I need to go look at the maps again.
Amateur opinion and speculation
^^bbm

Other than LM stating that he took his young son to the beach on the date he likely disappeared his wife, I know nothing about LM-- his habits/interests.

I'm very curious about your long belief that LM took MM to a "cavern." Are there sea caves/caverns one can easily pull up to? I tend to think of caverns close to water requiring a kayak or similar to explore and trying to imagine LM managing a child, a dead body, water, and a cavern. :eek: Please share these cavern maps!

San Diego local here….Thinking about possible sites where LM may have taken Maya and I remembered poor Erin Cowan . It would be easy to get turned around in the Joshua Tree/Twenty Nine Palms area (with many many abandoned mines) which Google thinks is about 2 hrs 49 min from a Chula Vista. He may have felt pretty safe using his GPS once he’d driven a ways back out.

Thanks for the reminder of Erin Corwin. As far back as 2014 when EC was first reported missing, I was surprised at the amount of support the investigation received from NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigation Service). It was years later on 48 Hours where I first read this quote:

NCIS Director Andrew Traver: We have this responsibility to help protect the war fighter and by extension, the war fighter's dependents, and we take that very seriously.

Finding EC in one of the thousands of mines should have been a near-impossible task if not for her killer's three mistakes: he told somebody that he had been looking at mines and took pictures! The third mistake was not counting on mine expert Doug Billings:

Beth Ford Roth | Public Radio Reporter: Doug Billings is the cave man … he's also been called the cave whisperer … the mine whisperer. He knows about every single that is out in the Mohave Desert … and he's the only human being on the planet who does.

If LM had any interest/history of exploring mines, hope they keep Doug Billings contact info handy.

MOO

Search for missing Marine wife "like finding a needle in a thousand haystacks”

^^bbm

Other than LM stating that he took his young son to the beach on the date he likely disappeared his wife, I know nothing about LM-- his habits/interests.

I'm very curious about your long belief that LM took MM to a "cavern." Are there sea caves/caverns one can easily pull up to? I tend to think of caverns close to water requiring a kayak or similar to explore and trying to imagine LM managing a child, a dead body, water, and a cavern. :eek: Please share these cavern maps!
There are many in that area. Here are two, the one i am honed in on the most is Elizabeth Cave, very near where they were searching at Otay:
Elizabeth Cave 2240 Otay Lakes Rd Ste 306 Chula Vista, CA Real Estate Agents - MapQuest
Mitchell Caverns (Sacred caverns):
The Mitchell Caverns: California's sacred caves

There are many in that area. Here are two, the one i am honed in on the most is Elizabeth Cave, very near where they were searching at Otay:
Elizabeth Cave 2240 Otay Lakes Rd Ste 306 Chula Vista, CA Real Estate Agents - MapQuest

I believe Elizabeth Cave is a realtor.

There are caves along Sunset Cliffs.
A COMPLETE GUIDE TO THE SUNSET CLIFFS CAVES IN SAN DIEGO

The Mitchell Caverns are over 4 hours from Chula Vista....Don't remember the time parameters that the DA gave for LM to travel. The attached is from Google Maps.
upload_2021-11-1_18-35-56.png

They were searching in Fish Creek this weekend, but Salton Sea and back to Glamis was mentioned for future searches. I know Salton Sea was mentioned here, and in the movie Shot Caller. The Investigative Reporter drove to Salton Sea this weekend. It sounded like there were quite a few campers around.

Please take a look. There's a map in the article and a map in the video describing several routes, one through Julian and another through Borrego Springs. These routes could be used to Salton Sea that would avoid the license plate readers and cameras.

Richard says they're focusing in areas about two and a half hours from Larry's house.

Search for missing Chula Vista mother heads east to the desert | cbs8.com
Watch the Video too
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer) Published: 6:31 PM PDT November 1, 2021

Basic Map of the cities and areas we are talking about here.
R.e96443c64c2108add575d94d70a28f46

Julian is such a quaint looking little town people go to for Apple Pie.
3817391479_feb343a259_o-596161583df78cdc68ba3870.jpg

shops-on-main-street--148702328-5c0afa1ac9e77c0001fbcad7.jpg

Attachments

• MAYA MILLETE LEXUS SAYS MAYLANI.jpg
    MAYA MILLETE LEXUS SAYS MAYLANI.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 5
Sister of Missing Chula Vista Mother Maya Millete Speaks at Domestic Violence ForumNBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com) BBM

“Victims often feel they’re in a tunnel and they are alone,” Stephan said.

After Larry Millete’s arrest, the DA identified behaviors that might indicate a pattern of domestic violence in this case.

Drouaillet said her sister covered up her pain and didn’t want the family’s help. She wishes she could have done more.

“I hope, I hope my sister’s story will be a lesson, be a lesson to everyone. Please,” Drouaillet said.

Well I guess I should scratch that one off the list : )
I seem to remember something cavernous in that area. I need to do some more research.
You care and keep trying, and that's what's important.

Are you remembering the short tour of some caves video Maya had on her FB page in the beginning? Maybe that's why you keep thinking caves. MOO, if it's interesting in San Diego county, then it probably draws visitors on a steady basis, and might not be a good place to hide a body.

Salton Sea seems like a possibility, but... Seems like Larry would be stupid to mention a movie with the location to the kids from jail.

News 8 mapped out four Border Patrol checkpoints equipped with license plate reading cameras.

The route to Glamis along Interstate 8 avoids Border Patrol cameras on the way out, but not on the way back to Chula Vista because the cameras capture westbound vehicles only.

The main route to the Salton Sea hits two checkpoints with cameras, but those license plate readers can be avoided if a driver takes northern routes through Julian or Borrego Springs.

Search volunteers started focusing their attention on the Salton Sea area recently after information came out in court that Larry Millete allegedly called his children from jail and told them to watch a movie called "Shot Caller."

The film makes several references to the Salton Sea with remote, abandoned shorelines and vast wilderness areas surrounded by sand dunes.

“We'll be out here for the season until we bring Maya home to her kids,” said Drouaillet.
upload_2021-11-2_23-3-1.png

They're focusing on two or three hours drive from Chula Vista. There's still some people missing from the Idyllwild area, but probably it's too rugged on a vehicle out in the rocky trails. (MOO, lot of grow sites happening out there.) One woman got her car stuck on top of a rock cropping. She was eventually found 500 ft. from her car, but they missed her in the searches. All I know is there will be a day when Maya is found and we will know where she was. Keep looking and keep praying.
upload_2021-11-2_23-58-55.png
I haven't been out there in decades, but I did swim in Salton Sea a long time ago.
Daytrip to the Salton Sea | San Diego Reader

You care and keep trying, and that's what's important.

Are you remembering the short tour of some caves video Maya had on her FB page in the beginning? Maybe that's why you keep thinking caves. MOO, if it's interesting in San Diego county, then it probably draws visitors on a steady basis, and might not be a good place to hide a body.

Salton Sea seems like a possibility, but... Seems like Larry would be stupid to mention a movie with the location to the kids from jail.

News 8 mapped out four Border Patrol checkpoints equipped with license plate reading cameras.

The route to Glamis along Interstate 8 avoids Border Patrol cameras on the way out, but not on the way back to Chula Vista because the cameras capture westbound vehicles only.

The main route to the Salton Sea hits two checkpoints with cameras, but those license plate readers can be avoided if a driver takes northern routes through Julian or Borrego Springs.

Search volunteers started focusing their attention on the Salton Sea area recently after information came out in court that Larry Millete allegedly called his children from jail and told them to watch a movie called "Shot Caller."

The film makes several references to the Salton Sea with remote, abandoned shorelines and vast wilderness areas surrounded by sand dunes.

“We'll be out here for the season until we bring Maya home to her kids,” said Drouaillet.
View attachment 320274
i've got this whole explanation about why a cave/cavern that I posted somewhere upthread. None the less, I need to find some time to look at the local maps and see if I can narrow my big speculation down. I don't think he had the time/resources to adequately weight her down for water, and sufficiently burying someone would be alot of manual labor. LM doesn't look like the type for that.
As such, depositing her somewhere seems more likely to be. Tucking her away.

Sounds like the gloves are coming off.
animated-boxing-image-0018.gif

Sister of Maya Millete petitions for guardianship of missing woman’s 3 children | cbs8.com

"Drouaillet wrote to the court that the children could move in with her family – including her own children, ages 16 and 18 – in Moreno Valley in Riverside County."

“The children would be able to share a bedroom while we work on renovating our living room to accommodate the Millete children,” the petition stated. “If permanent guardianship is granted, we intend on moving to a larger residence in the same area.”

"The filing also indicated Drouaillet intends to seek out therapy for the three children, and place them on her own health insurance policy if guardianship is granted."

[...]

"News 8 spoke to San Diego family law attorney, Anton Georghiou, who is not involved in the case. He said the court needs to make a ruling on guardianship soon because the husband is in custody.

“It may be a year, it may be two years before the case goes to trial. He may end up sitting in jail for that entire time, and you can't just leave the children in legal limbo while dad is sitting in jail,” said Georghiou.

[...]

The court records allege Larry’s parents let the father telephone his children from jail, in violation of a criminal protective order and, “asked the older children to read him the news headlines about his criminal case, instructed the older Children [to] watch the movie ‘Shot Caller,’ which is Rated-R, and spoke poorly about our side of the family.”

“The Paternal Grandparents have recently demonstrated that they are incapable of protecting the Millete Children because they have allowed Larry to emotionally abuse them in violation of the [criminal protective order] issued October 21, 2021,” the petition continued.

“The Children are in an extremely fragile emotional state. Larry is preying upon their young minds and utilizing his parents to directly violate Court orders. Enough is enough. Larry’s actions must be stopped,” the petition said.

BBM

Sister of Maya Millete petitions for guardianship of missing woman’s 3 children | cbs8.com

"Drouaillet wrote to the court that the children could move in with her family – including her own children, ages 16 and 18 – in Moreno Valley in Riverside County."

“The children would be able to share a bedroom while we work on renovating our living room to accommodate the Millete children,” the petition stated. “If permanent guardianship is granted, we intend on moving to a larger residence in the same area.”

"The filing also indicated Drouaillet intends to seek out therapy for the three children, and place them on her own health insurance policy if guardianship is granted."

[...]

"News 8 spoke to San Diego family law attorney, Anton Georghiou, who is not involved in the case. He said the court needs to make a ruling on guardianship soon because the husband is in custody.

“It may be a year, it may be two years before the case goes to trial. He may end up sitting in jail for that entire time, and you can't just leave the children in legal limbo while dad is sitting in jail,” said Georghiou.

[...]

The court records allege Larry’s parents let the father telephone his children from jail, in violation of a criminal protective order and, “asked the older children to read him the news headlines about his criminal case, instructed the older Children [to] watch the movie ‘Shot Caller,’ which is Rated-R, and spoke poorly about our side of the family.”

“The Paternal Grandparents have recently demonstrated that they are incapable of protecting the Millete Children because they have allowed Larry to emotionally abuse them in violation of the [criminal protective order] issued October 21, 2021,” the petition continued.

“The Children are in an extremely fragile emotional state. Larry is preying upon their young minds and utilizing his parents to directly violate Court orders. Enough is enough. Larry’s actions must be stopped,” the petition said.

BBM
This is great news! Thank you for posting!

I think a likely area he might have driven from Chula Vista is up to Julian, then down into the Anzo Borrego Desert State Park. That's closer than Salton Sea and has lots of 2 lane, remote stretches of curvy roads and forested areas with small roads branching off. This is a logical trip for a local to take who knows the area and wants to quickly get away to somewhere remote where they won't be observed much or caught on cameras, without driving for hours. There are so many possible areas in the forests and meadows on the way up to Julian. When you continue on from Julian you take a quick and steep 20 minute drive down highway 78 to the Anza Borrega Desert where there are tons of places that he could have parked out of sight for a long time. I used to go off-roading on those roads. Lots and lots of dirt track roads that branch off the main roads into remote areas with no one around. Many are passable to most cars (at least for a ways) and you could be out of sight in a wash, gully or scrub brush in a very short distance. I had a breakdown on one of the larger dirt roads one afternoon and had to spend the night, as absolutely no one came by. Would be great if they could arrange some of the local off roaders to help do a search there. JMO

Last edited:
As previously reported, LM and the maternal grandparents were court-ordered to attend mediation on Sept 15, 2021, resulting from the grandparent's petition for visitation of their grandchildren.

During mediation on Sept 15, LM agreed to allow the children to have in-person visits with their maternal grandparent's every Sunday from noon to
3 pm.

Despite the agreement by LM before the family court services, LM failed to keep his word and allow the visits to begin. Instead, LM's lawyer sent an email to the maternal grandparents stating that LM wanted to wait for the signed order before allowing the children to visit their grandparents.

Since the hearing for maternal grandparent's visitation is not set until December 17, 2021, it's clear has no intention to comply with allowing visitation.

Maricris and her husband are now petitioning for temporary guardianship of the three Millete children, citing the above reasons, and others, as to why the court should place the minor children in her care.

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/guardianshippetitionredacted.pdf

As previously reported, LM and the maternal grandparents were court-ordered to attend mediation on Sept 15, 2021, resulting from the grandparent's petition for visitation of their grandchildren.

During mediation on Sept 15, LM agreed to allow the children to have in-person visits with their maternal grandparent's every Sunday from noon to
3 pm.

Despite the agreement by LM before the family court services, LM failed to keep his word and allow the visits to begin. Instead, LM's lawyer sent an email to the maternal grandparents stating that LM wanted to wait for the signed order before allowing the children to visit their grandparents.

Since the hearing for maternal grandparent's visitation is not set until December 17, 2021, it's clear has no intention to comply with allowing visitation.

Maricris and her husband are now petitioning for temporary guardianship of the three Millete children, citing the above reasons, and others, as to why the court should place the minor children in her care.

https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdfs/guardianshippetitionredacted.pdf
Their reasons are very reasonable and I hope a judge can see the harm those children are coming to being with LM’s parent’s who cannot even follow a court order themselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member