CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last actually seen Thursday when husband says they had a fight but he heard her Friday in the house giving kids a bath and making food etc. didn’t actually “see” her Friday but heard her in house.

Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

kids are old enough to verify if she was there Friday or not

that would be very important info

On the fence here for now. Voluntary and self harm/still burning off steam vs someone harmed her

moo

I thought the husband said he was upstairs with the children after he fed them and they had their baths. He heard Maya downstairs. See, details are kind of vague from how it explains that Friday. Plus, it has not been confirmed that any of the children actually saw her on Friday, and that's what bothers me. It's being reported Maya was last seen on Thursday which means the children probably did not see her on Friday.

There's another search today, Friday.
upload_2021-1-14_1-34-40.png
Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife, mom of three (10news.com)

Help, I'm not sure I'm getting this part of the story straight. At around the 01:34 mark in his phone interview, he's asked about Friday. He says he left Maya there with the girls to homeschool them, and he took his son someplace on Friday. I'm not sure he actually laid eyes on her before he left though. The daughters must have seen her according to him.

So he just left without checking if there was anyone home to supervise the girls? Weird.

He came back, he's upstairs with the children after feeding and bathing them.

And didn't ask them what did they have for lunch? Or what did they do whole day? Weirder.

Saturday, when her family came over looking for her, he had to go find the keys to her bedroom, and she was already gone when he got it open. Odd, they weren't interacting much at all. Why'd she lock her bedroom door?

i can imagine spouses having separate bedrooms for many different reasons, but when one spouse feels the need to lock their bedroom it's a giant red flag.

Last actually seen Thursday when husband says they had a fight but he heard her Friday in the house giving kids a bath and making food etc. didn’t actually “see” her Friday but heard her in house.

Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

kids are old enough to verify if she was there Friday or not

that would be very important info

On the fence here for now. Voluntary and self harm/still burning off steam vs someone harmed her

moo

I’ve hopped up on the fence with you.

I haven’t really gotten any hinky vibes from the husband’s interview, yet. They really did seem to be living as strictly roommates and I wonder how long things have been like that. Her locked bedroom door throws up a red flag for me, but he said that he found the key and unlocked the door. They really did seem to be living separate lives, down to not even interacting with each other every day, if what he said is true.

He also talked about alleged of the things SHE did; hiking, wine tasting, Jeep Club and I did not notice him talking about what THEY did.

I read that they were high school sweethearts. I wonder if they’ve been together since high school or they broke up then got back together at a later time. If they’ve been together since high school, I can imagine her feeling like she missed out on a lot of things if she’s been in a relationship for more than 20 years at the young age of 39 (possibly over half her life). She seemed to take good care of her children so it’s hard to imagine her missing out on a birthday.

I first read that she had left her phone, then I read that she may have left her phone at home. That should be easily verified by pings, right?

Did they have an agreement that husband would take care of the kids on the weekend? Why would she leave, even for a hike, without checking with husband to make sure he didn’t have plans and to let him know that he would be taking care of the kids by himself.

Why would she leave her Jeep? Jeep owners, at least the ones I know, tend to plan activities around their Jeep, join Jeep Clubs, buy Jeep hats, etc. I don’t know anything about her area, but it seems that she would drive somewhere to go hiking, unless she has trails at her back door.

Very concerning. Hoping for a good outcome, but she’s been gone for 5 days and she missed one of her kids birthday.

I feel like this one could go in many directions.

MOO

id be interested to know when her phone was last used. also the 9 and 11 year old may be helpful in telling when they last saw their mom. was she actually with them at the house giving baths and cooking if the husband didn't see her?

I agree! Seems like she’d tell her children that she was going out for the day or going on a walk or something.

I agree! Seems like she’d tell her children that she was going out for the day or going on a walk or something.
Jumping in to the thread!
Telling her kids she was going to be away would certainly be an expected communication, *if* she were in a normal frame of mind. We don't know if that was the case or not.

Spouses are often held in suspicion with unexplained disappearances. What I've learned over the years and the threads, is not to jump too quickly to a conclusion. What appears to be, often is not. So I will wait, and read, and see what tidbits of info I might offer up for our speculations.

I know we are all hoping and praying for a happier ending than what this is sounding like ATM.

Amateur opinion and speculation

In our house 9 and 11 yo girls don't need Dad's help bathing. If he took the son somewhere Friday morning, the girls should know if Mom was at the house with them. I'm praying for her.
I think keeping an ear open while children are bathing is a good thing, but certainly no visual observation of children at that age. Unless, of course, there is some disability that requires support, or the child has some developmental delay that is resulting in poor hygiene. Even in that situation, the matter can be handled without monitoring them while naked and washing.

So he just left without checking if there was anyone home to supervise the girls? Weird.
And didn't ask them what did they have for lunch? Or what did they do whole day? Weirder. i can imagine spouses having separate bedrooms for many different reasons, but when one spouse feels the need to lock their bedroom it's a giant red flag.
BBM.
Maybe. Or, it could be a "h*ll no, not tonight" when you have a very angry spouse.

Search for Maya Millete, a missing Chula Vista mom, continues (fox5sandiego.com) see Video

upload_2021-1-14_16-52-17.png

Lots of people showed up to search. Bless those caring searchers, many of them women who also hike there. I believe the video is from Wednesday's search. Take a look, you can see the park trails and all the people searching. Husband stayed home to care for the three children.

There's a canyon behind Maya's house and she often hiked there and that park is near their house. That's her neighborhood. She might have gone for a walk there. Her car was left at the house, so maybe she left walking. There's no telling if someone abducted her or if she got hurt. What happened to her? I don't know if that park has cameras. Some park or house camera to determine if she was there would be a key. It'd be so helpful if a camera could offer us a clue as to where she went.

News reports that Larry, her husband, turned over his cell phone to LE, and it has been reported he's been very cooperative. LE was able to confirm there has been no calls or incidents from that address in the past.

For some reason, I feel sick with worry that Maya has still not shown up or been found. I 've seen pics of her with her children. Those children need her there!

There's a Candlelit Vigil going on right now at the park location.

Last edited:
Search for Maya Milette, a missing Chula Vista mom, continues (fox5sandiego.com)

There's another search tomorrow, Friday, also at Mount San Miguel Park.

upload_2021-1-14_1-34-40-png.279377

I just listened to the interview with the husband. I also watched the video with her family. I'm on the fence. At first while listening to the husband I was actually shaking my head. I felt he was trying to make himself look good and her look bad. He's bathing/feeding the kids, she has been drinking more lately etc. However, I calmed down towards the end. I don't understand the locking of the bedroom door unless she felt she was in danger or was trying to hide something. Her family shows up and now he goes looking for the key????? I don't know. I would love to know the layout of the house. Although he did give detail accounts of situations in their relationship etc. I didn't hear a timeline. He didn't commit to "got home at 9" "kids in bed at 10" etc. I don't know. I sure hope she is found safe. IMO

adding: I don't like the missed birthday.

Maya and Larry Millete have three young children — ages 4, 9, and 11 — and she missed her eldest daughter's birthday which was on Sunday.

The daughters are at an age now that they must sense something. The eldest looks a lot like her mother. We've seen news videos and pics where we've seen the children doing so many fun things with their mother and family. Those children need their mother.

Maya locked her bedroom door for some reason, and sure, it perfectly understandable if she wanted to keep the kids out of her space for safety reasons or personal reasons.

Believe me, I'm all for the husband not being inv0lved, but there's a need for further, verified details and a better timeline. What time was the argument with the husband? Was it dark outside? Did she lock her bedroom and go for a hike to blow off steam? Reports say last seen (with actual eyes) on Thursday. Husband says Maya was there with the girls when he left with his son... what time was that? Is husband's story being disregarded by LE even though they must have questioned the girls. Reported last seen Thursday, so is the Friday story true?

I am very curious as to why there are no family pics, or couple pics, with her husband on her FB.
They've been married 21 years. I'd think it would be rare for a couple to not have some issues at all during that length of time, and they would have some experience in how to resolve things.
But then, who knows....

If she's an avid hiker....she many have had an accident. Are they using drones?
Or....the argument was such that she's hiding out with a friend...BUT, daughter's birthday :(

I am very curious as to why there are no family pics, or couple pics, with her husband on her FB.
They've been married 21 years. I'd think it would be rare for a couple to not have some issues at all during that length of time, and they would have some experience in how to resolve things.
But then, who knows....

Or....the argument was such that she's hiding out with a friend...BUT, daughter's birthday :(

RBBM.

I wouldn't read too deeply into what is visible on Facebook. My oldest sister (who turns 43 this year) initially had "Married to [husband]" but then removed the name to just say "married." It's not because she's separated or anything, I guess she didn't want all that information out there (even though she hyphenated her last name). I recall one friend who went back to her maiden name temporarily due to some unspecified privacy reasons. Both my parents are on Facebook but their profile pictures do not feature them together (my mom's just has a flower, my dad just him by himself).

Without knowing more about how she perceives Facebook or how uses it (and especially without seeing all the info that is available to friends), it could have no bearing at all.

They've been married 21 years.
I noticed that, too. They've had marital problems for the last year he said. She wanted her space, he said he didn't need his space, but she always had to have her space, at least lately. I've wondered if he did something to make her start shutting him out. From what her sister said, it sounds like Maya was always a strong, independent woman, but I'd guess something happened to change the dynamics of their marriage.

I read deeply into every little detail when sleuthing. I've seen it all on these threads and I know you have too. Sleuthing is all about being suspicious and noticing little details and wanting to know why.

That's why there's been so many searches at that nearby park. I don't know if they used drones.

How I wish there was one camera in that neighborhood that caught her leaving the house, but maybe she used the back way going towards the canyon.

At this point, I think LE has just looked at this as a missing person case. I don't think LE has gone into another kind of homicide or foul play type of investigation yet. Maya's Brother-in-Law and her Sister did say there were some "Red Flags" being investigated. What I wonder?

I don't think there has been a thorough investigation so far. As far as I know, there's been no search dogs or cadaver dogs used, nor the home or yard searched. Husband cooperating and he gave LE his phone, but LE needs to get his timeline and whereabouts checked out I would think. Was it a big argument or just a squabble? What did he do after the argument? Please what time was Maya seen by the person that said it was on Thursday.

I think she worked from home, at least sometimes. Last seen Thursday at home?
Find May/Maya Millete - Posts | Facebook

I know she must have used a Fitbit. I see pics of her Fitbit posts. Is her Fitbit missing? What can LE gather from a Fitbit?
Maya Millete | Facebook

Another search in the morning, today Friday. Prayers for her Family to stay strong. Hope she is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member